10% off at Target when you have a Baby Registry, YMMV

bobomallone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
This will probably apply to very few of you, however if anyone has a baby registry at Target, ANY items that are not purchased after the given date you are sent a coupon in the mail for 10% off any items not bought. What this means is...

scan a ps3 into the registry + ???? = Profit!
You do have to ACTUALLY have a baby registry, and it is only restricted to lotto tickets and alcohol. I read nothing on the coupon about electronics

So what kind of proof does it take to register for a baby? I can't imagine that they let just anybody show up and register. But if it just takes a couple, then you could find a friend of the opposite sex and go hog wild.

It's the same with lots of stores and with wedding registries. My cousin scanned a Wii and some $600 sound system. He certainly doesn't expect either for gifts, but after the wedding, he can get both for 10-15% off. My only question, is what sort of proof do you have to show? I spose if you sign up for a bunch of stuff, and you get nothing, when you try to use your 10% off coupon, they might catch on that it was a farse.

Can't you pretend to be having a baby, register, put a bunch of baby stuff and electronics that you want, buy ONE electronic that is on that list under the registry and just wait for your coupon. That seems like a legit way to go about this.

Something tells me this practice will come to an end very soon.

Also, I doubt they'd give you 10% off hardware. I mean, they make no profit off that, surely their computers must have some exception rule in there for low profit items...

[quote name='KingDox']Wow, I know this is CAG.

But faking you have a kid to get a discount. That's something.[/QUOTE]

how much does it cost to rent a baby for 30 mins?

[quote name='ITDEFX']how much does it cost to rent a baby for 30 mins?[/QUOTE]

just put pillows under your shirt.

[quote name='Apossum']just put pillows under your shirt.[/QUOTE]

lol... I already have a big gut lol. not gonna work

[quote name='Furashu']]

even if ur a guy?;)[/QUOTE]

hell yeah. Then throw a huge screaming fit when they call you a liar

[quote name='Apossum']hell yeah. Then throw a huge screaming fit when they call you a liar[/QUOTE]

what if they ask to see your vagina?

Well, holy crap, my wife is due next week. I could actually, legitimately, take advantage of this. However, that would mean dragging her out there to scan stuff. And it's probably not worth it just for 10%, even on a PS3 ;).

[quote name='io']Well, holy crap, my wife is due next week. I could actually, legitimately, take advantage of this. However, that would mean dragging her out there to scan stuff. And it's probably not worth it just for 10%, even on a PS3 ;).[/QUOTE]

newborn baby VS 10%.... hmmm

[quote name='KingDox']Wow, I know this is CAG.

But faking you have a kid to get a discount. That's something.[/QUOTE]

No, something would be getting pregnant, doing this, then having an abortion. THAT would be terrible.

When I registered for our wedding at target I got that coupon a couple of weeks after the big day. I read all the rules and stuff then got silly. I added stuff to my registry online after our wedding date and went to the store to pick it up. Everything worked fine. The people behind the register dont even question it. I would say do the wedding registry for this as electronics seem more real for a newly married couple than a new baby.

^ Yeah what levon15 said. I actually had an Xbox 360 and HDTV on my wedding registry (no real expectation of getting one but figured why not). I got the same coupon a week or two later. So if you wanted to, you could register. Come to think of it, I believe that you can even sign up as a "Housewarming Party" and perhaps you'd get the coupon.

BTW: If you just have AAA you *always* get 10% off Target.com. I have AAA so the coupon wasnt that big of a deal for me......and yes, it *will* work on a PS3.

[quote name='ITDEFX']what if they ask to see your vagina?[/QUOTE]

No problem, this is where the duct tape comes in....er...wait, I'm starting to think this isn't worth it :(

bread's done
Back