10% off GameStop,Eb Games E-mail Coupon

Leek

Banned
Just got it. Don't wanna print right now, so I'ma use it later. I wanna help out in the community, so here it is:

gscouponhg2.png
e

Just print it, and show it.

[quote name='devilman2075']does not work on microsoft points either[/QUOTE]

Well... That's disappointing. I take it that means it doesn't work on Wii Points either. Although 10% is not a huge discount, I was thinking getting cheaper points wouldn't be such a bad idea.

[quote name='Leek']Lol. What's an OP :eek: I think it's me :) I'ma use this when I go to GameStop today to get used games and then return them[/QUOTE]

I take it you're going to rent some games today. :lol: Gotta appreciate the 7 day return policy on used games.

[quote name='imacgod']
I take it you're going to rent some games today. :lol: Gotta appreciate the 7 day return policy on used games.[/quote]
until they start checking your ID, credit card number, and give you stupid looks and call you a scammer

[quote name='Leek']

I got it because I joined GameStop yesterday :p[/QUOTE]

Thanks for sharing the coupon Leek, but I'm really wondering how exclusive it is since no one else seems to have gotten this via email.

Did you "join" by getting the GS/EB discount card at a store, or did you register on their website for emails/newsletter info?

[quote name='Hibiwa']Thanks for sharing the coupon Leek, but I'm really wondering how exclusive it is since no one else seems to have gotten this via email.

Did you "join" by getting the GS/EB discount card at a store, or did you register on their website for emails/newsletter info?[/quote]

I'm curious about this too. I get what feels like 10 madden emails a week from them, but haven't gotten this one.

i got a call from eb/gs telling me about the madden launch party even though i dont think i preordered it. add me to the list of 'didnt get the 10% coupon in my emails yet.' cag exclusive?

[quote name='sesshoumarusama']I preordered it and was able to get 10% off. But funny enough my preorder was gutted and put on display. If it had sold I would have been really pissed[/quote]

I got a phone call from a Gamestop guy today and he was telling me they hold a preordered game for 2 days then it goes on the shelf. But I told him to hold ontop a copy for me since I'd be going tomorrow and there was no problem.

[quote name='Hibiwa']Thanks for sharing the coupon Leek, but I'm really wondering how exclusive it is since no one else seems to have gotten this via email.

Did you "join" by getting the GS/EB discount card at a store, or did you register on their website for emails/newsletter info?[/quote]
I just recently signed up for their newsletter upon reading about this deal and my first email from them had the coupon in it.

Here it is

So it seems that this is a promotion for new newsletter subscribers.

figures. no wonder i didn't see like the instructions and bar code, cause this is another type of coupon, where you print the whole email and use it as the coupon. rather than the regular coupons where people normally print out and cut out.

So this 10% off is not valid towards pre-orders?

so how ca n one use it towards an LE of Bioshock? Purchase the LE and use the coupon when it comes out on 8/21?

or go pre-order by only puting down the least amount $ for a pre-order, then go back on 8/21 to pay off the rest and use the 10% off?

Will it be "safe" to just use the coupon slip itself, as seen in the first post? Because I printed out like three copies. I know some places that issue email coupons prefer to have the entire email printed off and not just the coupon slip that doesn't even have a barcode.

[quote name='Viol8tor']So this 10% off is not valid towards pre-orders?

so how ca n one use it towards an LE of Bioshock? Purchase the LE and use the coupon when it comes out on 8/21?

or go pre-order by only puting down the least amount $ for a pre-order, then go back on 8/21 to pay off the rest and use the 10% off?[/quote]

It's valid when you pick up the preorder. You are NOT buying anything when you put money down for the preorder. You are just telling them to hold you a copy when it comes it.

[quote name='dg7md']Will it be "safe" to just use the coupon slip itself, as seen in the first post? Because I printed out like three copies. I know some places that issue email coupons prefer to have the entire email printed off and not just the coupon slip that doesn't even have a barcode.[/QUOTE]
Just used it at my EB clipped like a super market coupon, not the whole email. It went fine.

W00t! Just got back from TWO MALLS. I got 4 GAMES, and an Edge Card(Game Informer Subcription 1 year)
It DOES stack on the edge......so:
NHL 2K6-$4.99
OddWorld:Munc's Oddysee-$4.99
Vexx-$4.99
New Legends-$2.99
Game Informer Subscription-$14.99
========================
About total savings:$8 =D

Wow, I can't thank the OP enough on this one.

I have the BioShock LE pre-ordered, but had been contemplating PM'ing it for $50 at BB. While $20 more for the LE seems a bit much, this drops it into a much more reasonable territory. Just $9 more considering I shouldn't be paying tax by using in store credit.

Really, truly, much thanks. I would have spent way too much thinking about this over the next 3 days.

:D Put the coupon to good use. Saved about $10 getting Jade Cacoon 2 used, NBA Inside Drive 03 used, Persona 3, and the P3 Guide. Sadly, i need to exchange my P3 guide because it was a cut on the cover going a few pages in. :O Even the art book has a scratch on it! If it wasn't only on the hard cover, I'd probably try to get a new Persona box set.

[quote name='seen']this isn't really a deal when you consider this just covers tax and change. I'd jump for 20%[/quote]

Have fun not saving, the rest of us will be spending less.

And some of us don't have tax :cool:

You can also sign up for the EB/GS newsletter to have this coupon sent to you. I though I would try it with one of my other gmails and keep it till it expires.

Hey, does anyone know why this link would show up as an extremely small jpg on my browser? I've tried opening it with Explorer and Firefox, and also saving the jpg, and it remains far too small to print out. Thanks!

[quote name='cranguy']Why do they make the code so tiny when that's the only thing othat matters?? Thanks OP, will use many times.

Printable sheet:
[URL="http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6492/gssheettt2.th.jpg"]http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6492/gssheettt2.th.jpg[/URL][/quote]

Used it Friday on sons spiderman3, got 20% off, he also traded in two games got the extra $10. Basically, traded 2 games got sp3 free.

Went back in last night, bought VF5 (PS3) Killzone (PS2), used the 20% again, worked like a charm OTD was only 41 for both.

[quote name='dfo']Hey, does anyone know why this link would show up as an extremely small jpg on my browser? I've tried opening it with Explorer and Firefox, and also saving the jpg, and it remains far too small to print out. Thanks![/QUOTE]
Because that link goes to the thumbnail for some reason. Remove the .th from the image name like so:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/6492/gssheettt2.jpg

I'm going to expirement with this after August, if this is automatically sent to all new members, then we could ALWAYS HAVE 10% off forever! :D

[quote name='Leek']I'm going to expirement with this after August, if this is automatically sent to all new members, then we could ALWAYS HAVE 10% off forever! :D[/quote]

The one that was sent to my 2ndary email had the same exp date

[quote name='Leek']I'm going to expirement with this after August, if this is automatically sent to all new members, then we could ALWAYS HAVE 10% off forever! :D[/quote]

I hope so because I want to use this next month when Oblivion: GOTY comes out.

[quote name='coltcannon']The one that was sent to my 2ndary email had the same exp date[/quote]
I know, I saw that, but maybe they have a new 10% off coupon every month?:D I don't see any reason not to. That would be awesome:hot::hot::hot::hot:

[quote name='Leek']I don't see any reason not to.[/quote]

Uh, one reason not to would be they don't want people to have ever-lasting 10% off coupons.

I don't feel the need to go through all of the previous posts, but has anyone or does anyone think one would be succesful using it towards the purchase of BioShock, or more importantly the rest of an unpaid off preorder?

I'm assuming we can only use 1 at a time.

I'm gonna get Bioshock at BB with a price match for $50. Hopefully. If I can use this on an upaid pre-order, then I guess I'll go for Galaxy. Otherwise, maybe I'll just get another DS game.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I don't feel the need to go through all of the previous posts[/quote]Then I don't feel the need to answer

i'm getting the gamestop newsletter but I never received any of them with the 10% off. Are they only sending them to some people?

[quote name='Swingman']i'm getting the gamestop newsletter but I never received any of them with the 10% off. Are they only sending them to some people?[/quote]

They are sending them to new subscribers of the newsletter.

However, now I'm wondering... Does anyone have the gamestop.com URL for the coupon? Maybe a telltale sign in the URL that you can figure out if the link to a possible September one.

[quote name='Chronis']They are sending them to new subscribers of the newsletter.

However, now I'm wondering... Does anyone have the gamestop.com URL for the coupon? Maybe a telltale sign in the URL that you can figure out if the link to a possible September one.[/QUOTE]

I hate that. If you're signed up for the newsletter then you should get all the specials being sent out to people. What am I supposed to do? Should I unsubscribe every week so I can get new subscriber benefits.

They're not making money by getting newcomers to join unless they're selling the email lists to spammers.

Definetly gonna be using this coupon towards p3, mp3:corruption and a whole bunch of ds games.

Question though: so I know to get the edge card gotta sign up for a year subscription to game informer, so do I do that of their website or in store? and how long will it take the card? (just wondering cause really want to get use of it!)

hope you guys can let me know

[quote name='EmpyreanKnight']Definetly gonna be using this coupon towards p3, mp3:corruption and a whole bunch of ds games.

Question though: so I know to get the edge card gotta sign up for a year subscription to game informer, so do I do that of their website or in store? and how long will it take the card? (just wondering cause really want to get use of it!)

hope you guys can let me know[/quote]

You sign up for the EDGE card in store and they give you the EDGE card at the same time. the one year of Gameinformer subscription takes about 6 weeks to start. They will probably give you an issue right there in the store.

No problem :D I'm 98% sure that they do this every month. They probably don't want us to know, but I'm glad I found out. I'll make 5 accounts on GameStop on Sept. 1st, and see what happens.

[quote name='Leek']No problem :D I'm 98% sure that they do this every month. They probably don't want us to know, but I'm glad I found out. I'll make 5 accounts on GameStop on Sept. 1st, and see what happens.[/quote]

...How can you be so sure if this is the first month they've done it? Really, no one has any idea.

I just used the coupon today while picking up my Brain Age 2 DS bundle. I used the whole page of copies of the coupon that someone posted on imageshack earlier in the thread. The guy looked at it, tried the code out, and said it wasn't even working on the game. Then he called his manager, told him it looked legit, and they just rung me up with 10% off of the whole purchase. On my receipt there a line after each item I bought with:

Disc: 15.00 Promotion Not Found
Disc: 3.00 Promotion Not Found

So all told I got a new black & red DS, Brain Age 2, a carrying case thing (still haven't opened it yet because every side is glued shut like there's no fucking tomorrow), and Puzzle Quest for $175. Unfortunately they didn't have any decent used games otherwise I would have gone with one of them. I'd definitely say I got lucky on the guy giving me 10% off on the system.

Also, they had an ad on the back of the monitor where they ring games up that had a similar e-mail to what they sent out with this one except it expires mid-September. Thankfully he didn't look at that and see the exclusions were below the image.

bread's done
Back