$10 Off GameStop Online Purchase Code for Entering UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes

Lord Humongous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I entered the UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes yesterday and today received an email with a one-time-use $10 off any GS online order code.

https://www.gamestopufc2010.com/

The disclaimer states it can't be combined with any other offers...but I know this is sometimes not the case with GS.com. Haven't tried any combos myself...

Disclaimer:
*Enter coupon code where prompted and click activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware, pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expires on 10/1/2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very misleading coupon. On one hand the email says this:

"Thank you for registering to win the Ultimate Fighter Life!
Below is a code to take $10 off your next purchase* at GameStop.com.
"

And the "fine print" says this:

"Enter coupon code below where prompted and click and activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expired on 10/1/2020."

And again, it's still not clear. So after you apply it on GameStop.com it says this:

"Receive $10 off your next online purchase. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or hardware. Single-use coupon. Limit 3 items. Expires 10/31/2010 11:59PM"

Obviously the coupon is messed up. Just look at the first and second expiration dates. I assume they are going to fix that, and perhaps the coupon itself. So only time will tell. But as it stands, it seems like GameStop rushed this thing out a bit too soon, screwed up the dates, etc. and will probably fix it later, and make good on said coupon. Otherwise, based on the email, this really was false advertising.

Moreover, I'm personally just going to wait it out and see if they fix this. Phone-haggling just isn't my thing. :lol:

[quote name='JUDOHAWK']Emailed them the other day, got the whole make an order and give us the order. Then we'll refund you the 10 dollars. I hope their plan to prevent orders by making people jump through hoops to get 10 dollars off works, I'm not bothering with that crap.[/QUOTE]

On a past order when a $10 discount didn't go through for some reason, rather than a $10 refund (which is what I thought they were going to do, and probably would have preferred) they sent me out a $10 giftcard, which is definitely not the same as a refund. A little miffed, but anyway, be aware that your $10 off may be in the form of a giftcard.

Yea, they've done that to me before on another $10 coupon and they did end up mailing me one. Hopefully they'll get it fixed so they don't have to play games in order to get us what was promised.

[quote name='yarkitty123']Very misleading coupon. On one hand the email says this:

"Thank you for registering to win the Ultimate Fighter Life!
Below is a code to take $10 off your next purchase* at GameStop.com."

And the "fine print" says this:

"Enter coupon code below where prompted and click and activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expired on 10/1/2020."

And again, it's still not clear. So after you apply it on GameStop.com it says this:

"Receive $10 off your next online purchase. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or hardware. Single-use coupon. Limit 3 items. Expires 10/31/2010 11:59PM"

Obviously the coupon is messed up. Just look at the first and second expiration dates. I assume they are going to fix that, and perhaps the coupon itself. So only time will tell. But as it stands, it seems like GameStop rushed this thing out a bit too soon, screwed up the dates, etc. and will probably fix it later, and make good on said coupon. Otherwise, based on the email, this really was false advertising.

Moreover, I'm personally just going to wait it out and see if they fix this. Phone-haggling just isn't my thing. :lol:[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Brother Daz']pm sent

You know what, I remembered using a different email address to sign up when the first code never came. I just checked that email and I had another code, I will shoot you a pm with it.[/QUOTE]

Got the code! Much appreciated for your generosity. Thanks!!!

Having the code is great and all, but it won't work for the $10 off. Sent an e-mail to GS, will hope it is either fixed or I get a new one. Don't want to place an order and hope they feel like fixing it later.

[quote name='gryphter']do you have to opt in for the gamestop and ufc email updates to get the codes?[/QUOTE]
I opted out of the ufc mail, but in for GS. I know you don't have to have both.

Alright, having to call was less than ideal, but I got Wario Land: Shake It for ~$8, with another $10 credit to use later. Got the game I wanted and made a net profit of $2, haha.

Thanks, OP!

[quote name='mokmoof']Alright, having to call was less than ideal, but I got Wario Land: Shake It for ~$8, with another $10 credit to use later. Got the game I wanted and made a net profit of $2, haha.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

yep did the same thing here. Had to fight for it a little though.

I got my code as well, but I guess it's not working. That stinks. I was hoping once my RDR credit came in I could get either God of War 3 or Strange Journey for cheap. Oh well, I'll just play the waiting game.

[quote name='mokmoof']Alright, having to call was less than ideal, but I got Wario Land: Shake It for ~$8, with another $10 credit to use later. Got the game I wanted and made a net profit of $2, haha.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

Thats funny as thats one of the only titles I was interested in. BTW could one get two $6 dollar games, spending over $10 and be able to (after calling I guess) get the $10 off and end up paying $2 + shipping? nothing in the email said off only one item. :whistle2:?

Just got a reply, looks like they insist you place an order without a working coupon, THEN contact them to fix it. No other way around it according to the e-mail I got. What an annoyance.

interesting to see if this really works

Ordered

GLORY OF HERACLES - DS
and
DAWN OF HEROES DS

since it only took off shipping I did NEXT DAY SHIPPING

called up and told them it only took off shipping and they go PLACE The order

Well i was like they are not going to do anything cause they will see the 20 off the shipping ..

Total was

well they said they took the money off and now the order looks like

GLORY OF HERACLES 2.99
Dawn of Heroes 29.99

both with 1 day shipping

and i should get another 10 buck off code since GLORY said it came with a 10 buck off code ..

so 2 games for 33 + 10 buck coupon Very nice

Alright, well this is strange. After emailing CS about the code not working as intended, they responded informing me that I was to email them an order number in which the credit could be applied.

However, when browsing through a few titles on the website, I decided to purchase a game, and what do you know...the code was entered and obviously saved from an earlier attempt and took the credit off just fine.

I ended up preordering New Vegas CE for the PC for $59.99

I'd say retry the codes you may have.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Alright, well this is strange. After emailing CS about the code not working as intended, they responded informing me that I was to email them an order number in which the credit could be applied.

However, when browsing through a few titles on the website, I decided to purchase a game, and what do you know...the code was entered and obviously saved from an earlier attempt and took the credit off just fine.

I ended up preordering New Vegas CE for the PC for $59.99

I'd say retry the codes you may have.[/QUOTE]

Code works for me now too...

I also found that it stacks with CAG16 and SAVER but not 20PRE. Also, the code is still a little wonky as sometimes it takes off the $10 and sometimes it disappears during the order process. Just make sure the code is active before you press the purchase button and maybe take a screen capture just in case.

[quote name='multicoloredyoshi']yep did the same thing here. Had to fight for it a little though.[/QUOTE]
Really? They didn't give me any trouble at all.

Of course, Customer Service is, by its very nature, YMMV in the extreme.

[quote name='mxpowar']I also found that it stacks with CAG16 and SAVER but not 20PRE. Also, the code is still a little wonky as sometimes it takes off the $10 and sometimes it disappears during the order process. Just make sure the code is active before you press the purchase button and maybe take a screen capture just in case.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just noticed that with my purchase, it included the coupon on the checkout screen but once I actually confirmed the order, the coupon was no longer included and it became regular price again.

I'm waiting for email confirmation and I'll call up customer service if needed.

[quote name='mxpowar']I also found that it stacks with CAG16 and SAVER but not 20PRE. Also, the code is still a little wonky as sometimes it takes off the $10 and sometimes it disappears during the order process. Just make sure the code is active before you press the purchase button and maybe take a screen capture just in case.[/QUOTE]

I'd say that's pretty YMMV, as I attempted both CAG16 and SAVER on a few different orders, and everytime I entered SAVER, the code would trump the $10 off...

So it seems that if you try and stack the SAVER and CAG16 coupons with the $10 one then it will look like it'll work initially but after you hit the "Purchase" button then the $10 one will get knocked off. I just talked to customer service and it seems like it's just a glitch that they all stack initially but luckily they were kind enough to give me the free shipping and the $10 coupon in the end.

Thanks, OP![/QUOTE]

did you get it new or used can you get it used and still get 10$?

I have a few extra $10 off coupons, I would trade for the GS exclusive Red Dead Redemption outfit or Best Buy War Horse DLC, or for Red Dead Redemption playing cards, PM me if interested

I just used my coupon to order a new copy of Super Street Fighter IV for the PS3. I was able to use SAVER to get free shipping. I paid $21.74 using credit I still had, but with the $10 coupon that I'll be getting from SSFIV, I will effectively have paid less than $12 for this game. Awesome deal!

[quote name='dansoccerball']i have 6 :) so wario land shake future 10$ can it be used or new or both?[/QUOTE]

Can be used on new or used, including preorders.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Can be used on new or used, including preorders.[/QUOTE]

sry i met can i but the game used or does it have to be new to get the 10$

[quote name='ijag233']Still doesn't work for me. It always removes the discount on the final order page.[/QUOTE]
Same thing happened to me. Just stay on the final order page and keep refreshing until it's correct.

I just used my code. It did not stack with CAG16, but did stack with SAVER once I added enough to my cart (saver is based off original prices, not discounted prices). So since shipping is $2.99, I tossed in Prey for $3.99 to get free shipping, and bought Assassin's Creed 2. So I got both shipped for $15.xx, and get a $10 credit back for AC2. I am loving Gamestop and Amazon these past couple of days!

[quote name='mxpowar']Same thing happened to me. Just stay on the final order page and keep refreshing until it's correct.[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if he is being sarcastic or not....

For people who are having an issue with the code taking off only shipping, I used the SAVER code then put in the UFC code and that worked. Got Super Street Fighter 4 for $20 new :)

[quote name='dansoccerball']to get the future 10$ off can you buy used or does it have to be new?[/QUOTE]

I think it can be either. I have just ordered, so I didn't get my code yet, but earlier it had the used price of Assassin's Creed 2 PS3 on the sale page, and the new price of the 360 version. Then the new 360 sold out and the used PS3 sold out, now they have the new version of PS3 and used 360 prices on the page...kinda confusing...

For people using Saver, isn't the shipping free if the product costs more than $25 before discount? SSF4 is $30 new, so regardless if you use the $10 coupon or not, the shipping should be free right? So why are you using Saver? Did they change the free shipping policy or something?

bread's done
Back