$10 Off GameStop Online Purchase Code for Entering UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes

Lord Humongous

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
I entered the UFC Undisputed 2010 Sweepstakes yesterday and today received an email with a one-time-use $10 off any GS online order code.

https://www.gamestopufc2010.com/

The disclaimer states it can't be combined with any other offers...but I know this is sometimes not the case with GS.com. Haven't tried any combos myself...

Disclaimer:
*Enter coupon code where prompted and click activate. Coupon valid for one time use only. Offer valid online only. Offer excludes consoles, hardware, pre-release limited/collector's editions and gift cards. May not be combined with other offers. Coupon expires on 10/1/2010.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='slidecage']i was to place the order and the worker would take the 10 bucksoff

was told the 2 games would been

3.90 and 32.09 after tax

well i was charge 13.90 for the first game.... show its was an outright lie[/QUOTE]

Call them up again and tell them the truth. Tell them the woman you spoke to told you that you would be credited the $10 and didn't and if they do not correct this mistake you are just going to return the games to a local GameStop for a full refund and never shop with them again. Most of the time that'll make them fix the issue. Be stern and get your point across but don't be rude.

EDIT: When I called about the coupons she said she was applying them to me already placed orders but as of today (when they are going into the shipping stage) the prices were the same so I called back and he said he sees the $10 credit and they are going to be sent to me as two $10 gift cards which is fine since I paid with a gift card.

[quote name='mokmoof']Really? They didn't give me any trouble at all.

Of course, Customer Service is, by its very nature, YMMV in the extreme.[/QUOTE]
well looks like it gets worse. Turns out they really didn't take off the $10 like they said as my credit card was charged the price before coupon today. I even called them again to make sure the change had been made when I saw my order wasn't updated on the site before it shipped. Now it's shipped and I was charged price minus coupon. What kind of incompetence is that? Not even sure if calling these guys up again will accomplish anything. Can't believe they pulled this.

EDIT: Ah should have checked out the post above... hopefully that's what they're doing for me... as I should be getting one for purchasing the game already so if that's true I should get 2 $10 coupons... not really a good deal though... forces me to make another purchase with them just so I can use my second code. I'll make sure to get some cheap stuff with it I guess so I don't give them too much more of my money for their mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
I signed up today and got 2 codes that state they are for $10 off future purchase, but both still come up as 10% off up to 3 items. Hope they fix all of these so I don't have to contact them myself.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']EXXXXACTLY. I mean for crying out loud, it even give you instructions on how to use it, yet even with said instructions gives you a completely different result. It's Gamestop's mess to clean it up, not ours.[/QUOTE]
True enough, but in all likelihood, you'll profit more from making a 5 minute phone call than you will from holding out on principle. The folks who are complaining about the broken coupon have probably spent more time posting to this thread than it would have taken them to just call GameStop and get the $10 deducted.

Again, the call shouldn't be necessary, and the complaints are valid. But it's not like the solution is a particularly big deal, especially when you have to potential to get a game at $10 off, and then receive a $10 off coupon for doing so.

Wow, I got my code today, tried applying it to a game I wanted and it was only giving me 10% off. Wasn't satisfied with that so I remove the item from my cart and decide to try again later during the day... Now the friggin code isn't even showing 10%(and $10) off my purchase! What gives? Can I only apply the code once? (I thought it the $10 would show up on the final confirmation page, but it didn't!) Am I screwed?

Got 2 codes (one for each email). First one worked on Assassin's Creed 2 two days ago for $10 off. No problems so far. Got my other code last night, tried it - 10% off. Was going to call and harass them, but since everyone else here is having the same problem, I suppose I'll wait it out. It's not supposed to expire until 10/31, right?

[quote name='jupiterjones']Got 2 codes (one for each email). First one worked on Assassin's Creed 2 two days ago for $10 off. No problems so far. Got my other code last night, tried it - 10% off. Was going to call and harass them, but since everyone else here is having the same problem, I suppose I'll wait it out. It's not supposed to expire until 10/31, right?[/QUOTE]

Haha I got the same 10% off with the coupon code, Was intially thinking hey F$@%tards it says $10 off not 10%... Hope this is fixed soon I want to get SSFIV for $19.99

Here's what you do if your coupon is coming up as 10%:

1. call Gamestop support at (800) 883-8895

2. tell them you got a UFC code that says it's for $10 but is coming up as 10%

3. they should give you a working code. if they don't, or if they tell you to order first and then call back, tell them you know they can give out working codes, or insist that they stay on the line while you place the order and then take the $10 off.

Obviously the code should just work, and of course it's lame that you have to call, but you really just have to decide if it's worth 10 mins of your time to save $10. If not, it's a little surprising that you're frequenting this web site!

I'm getting the same 10% off error. Ill wait it out though. I hate dealing with Game stop customer service. Some of them can be pretty arrogant. Ive had this same issue before; I swear that Game Stop does this crap on purpose. They figure, hey if we trick 30% of the community that will not double-check the discount, we are on top of the game" HAHAHAHA. Its almost as good as selling "New" games without the seal. That's a Game Stop classic.

[quote name='Hulkamaniac418']I filled out the sweepstakes thing last night and still haven't gotten an email. How long should it take?[/QUOTE]

It takes a few days, and doesn't appear to have any rhyme or reason. I signed up with email addresses 1, 2, 3, and 4, on different days in that order (kept trying because they weren't coming and I thought it didn't work). Yesterday I got codes for 2 and 4 and have yet to get codes for 1 and 3. I tried one code in my cart, it wouldn't stack with 20PRE but did stack with Edge, I didn't try SAVER, but it was coming up as 10% off. I'm waiting and hoping they fix it, I don't want to call in

aww shucks... i got two (so far :p) coupon codes, the first i used earlier in the week for Burnout Revenge on the 360, and it took off $10. Now i was trying to get some more games and i'm getting the same problem as everyone else..i'll try again tomorrow. i really hate calling gamestop customer service...

It seems as though they are trying very hard to compete and keep up with the ongoing onslaught of online retailers that they are spitting out promos and codes before they even have the stuff up and running Right.

This has been a very active week so far with Gamestop emails in my inbox.. The thing that pisses me off is that I wish they would stop with the "Online Only" pricing and have it in store as well because I much rather get it now if its something I want...

The best is when they have online only pricing on an item thats no longer available online because it got wipped out with a promo a week or a few days before..

Show some damn love to us B&M shoppers who put up with your stinky stores and most of the time idiot employees...

Double Post time :

Well got off the phone with customer Service and they gave a code to get $10 off..

3BSF2FT $10 off code they gave me, dont know if this is single use.

This along with 2D15 and SSFIV (PS3) $19.42 shipped :D

Okay, this is really strange. Similar to what happened with the first code I was emailed, the second one I attempted to use didn't reflect the $10 off discount until a day AFTER I first applied it to my cart...

Not sure if it's Gamestop playing catch-up, or if there is some time buffer on these codes; either way, I got two codes that gave me $10 off.

[quote name='intoxicated662']my code is 10% off. anyone got an extra $10 off code that I may have? Am looking to get left 4 dead[/QUOTE]

PC or 360?

You might be better off getting the B1G1 used game sale going on (Use code BUYTWO) at checkout.

Edit: Looks like the deal is dead (you now need a total of 3 games).

I signed up again with an e-mail that wasn't on the gamestop list and I was able to get another $10 off coupon. I was able to use it today with no issue (unlike the first coupon I received which only was applying to shipping, and I had to call them to apply the coupon for me) on a pre-owned Wii game that was $11.99. I though they finally fixed it, but I guess a lot of people are still having trouble with it.

[quote name='guyver2077']so the $10 code doesnt work on preorders? i am trying to order UFC 2010[/QUOTE]

It does work on preorders, not to mention it's not console specific. Also for accessories (minus gift cards and point cards).

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It does work on preorders, not to mention it's not console specific. Also for accessories (minus gift cards and point cards).[/QUOTE]

Unless mine was a special case, I believe it does work on preorders. I just had UFC 2010 in my cart, but it was only giving me the 10% and it wouldn't let me get the free overnight.

actually just a question for everyone who's codes are only giving off 10%- what letter does your code start with?

i noticed my first code i got (entered on friday, got the code on tuesday) started with M and worked fine, but the 3 codes i got after (entered on tuesday, got them yesterday) all start with D and are only 10%.

My first three codes started with letters (K,R,Y) and all work. The new ones I got that only give 10% all start with the number 2.

It doesn't work with my preorder. My coupon comes up as:

"Receive $10 off your next online purchase. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or hardware. Single-use coupon. Limit 3 items. Expires 10/31/2010 11:59PM"

but it doesn't take the $10 off of my preorder.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so we're supposed to wait for the coupons to work right? or call?[/QUOTE]

I called and was told to place the order first then call them up and have them fix the order. I did that and was told that my order would be updated in 24-48 and if not call back. I am not sure how help the CS person was yet. I guess I will know by tomorrow.

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']so we're supposed to wait for the coupons to work right? or call?[/QUOTE]

Well, you can do whatever you want of course. You can wait and see if they fix all of them. Or you can just call and have them fix it for you. Depends on if you'd rather spend 5 mins doing it now (and get your order in immediately) or spend 30 seconds a day monitoring this post until Gamestop gets around to a universal fix, which they may or may not do.

[quote name='multicoloredyoshi']well looks like it gets worse. Turns out they really didn't take off the $10 like they said as my credit card was charged the price before coupon today. I even called them again to make sure the change had been made when I saw my order wasn't updated on the site before it shipped. Now it's shipped and I was charged price minus coupon. What kind of incompetence is that? Not even sure if calling these guys up again will accomplish anything. Can't believe they pulled this.

EDIT: Ah should have checked out the post above... hopefully that's what they're doing for me... as I should be getting one for purchasing the game already so if that's true I should get 2 $10 coupons... not really a good deal though... forces me to make another purchase with them just so I can use my second code. I'll make sure to get some cheap stuff with it I guess so I don't give them too much more of my money for their mistake.[/QUOTE]
Well now my order is showing up with the correct total... but that doesn't change the amount that they charged me. Guess I'll wait to see if they actually refund me.

Might just be an authorization. That's the way they did it for me.

I originally ordered SSFIV only, but then canceled so I could add a pre-order and 3DDGH to take advantage of the 25deal coupon. Turns out SSFIV was one per household, including canceled orders. So I called GS customer service and they said make another order with a different game and call back and they would substitute it for SSFIV. I did that but the coupon wasn't applied to SSFIV (but it was to 3DDGH) so I called back. They said the correct price wouldn't show up right away but I would get charged the right amount. Well, the right price didn't show up until today on my GS account and they put an authorization of the amount minus the discount (just for SSFIV). I called again and they're supposed to refund the difference (~$8). The $10 gift card is still valid as well.

A bit of work, but everything will work out in the end.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']It does work on preorders, not to mention it's not console specific. Also for accessories (minus gift cards and point cards).[/QUOTE]

I guess I will have to call then. I get this message when trying to apply it to UFC on the 360

The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:******* - Save $10 off your next online purchase. Not valid on consoles, hardware or pre-release limited/collector's editions. May not be combined with other offers.

[quote name='Jackr']Just a reminder, the $10 dollar off codes were not intended to work with pre-orders, the fact we got them to work on them was a glitch(which they are well known for with codes). You can keep trying and hope they will give it to you on a pre-order via a glitch in the system, or save it for an in stock item that doesn't qualify for any other codes. According to the description it wasn't supposed to stack with anything, but it seems it will work with saver.[/QUOTE]

Um...nothing which you said is true/makes sense.

The coupon specifics says it works with pre-orders.
"Not valid on consoles, hardware or pre-release limited/collector's editions"
It means you cannot pre-order Limited/Collectors Editions, not that you can't use it for pre-orders.

Saver stacks with everything I have ever tried it with. Saver is like EDGE, regardless of promos saver and edge stacks.

Interesting, mine was phrased differently. What I read was "Not valid on consoles, hardware, pre-release, or limited/collector's editions"

Edit: Actually you are right, the original e-mail is phrased like you said. However the e-mail I got from customer service when I told them my code didn't work was phrased as I quoted. Guess they don't exactly have the same grasp on the promotions from rep to rep.

I called in and they were able supposedly to apply it over the phone. We will see once UFC ships.

Do the normal $10 off codes from a game purchase work with game preorders? I tried using the one from SSFIV but it wouldn't take it either for the same reason. It doesn't mention excluding pre-release games at all so if so I wonder if it is my account or the game that is bugged.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Double Post time :

Well got off the phone with customer Service and they gave a code to get $10 off..

3BSF2FT $10 off code they gave me, dont know if this is single use.

This along with 2D15 and SSFIV (PS3) $19.42 shipped :D[/QUOTE]

tried your code and it does appear when entered, but doesn't alter the cart total price, so you see the coupon with no effect. And this is with 2 games in my cart $19.99 and $3.99.

"The coupon entered will not provide a discount based on the current contents of your shopping cart. You may continue checkout without a discount or read the coupon description below and make the appropriate changes to your shopping cart or shipping method selected. Coupon description :
Coupon:3BSF2FT - $10 off your order. Total order value must be over $10. Any unused portion will be forfeited. May not be combined with other offers."

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']What does 2D15 give off?[/QUOTE]
Coupon 2D15 - 15% off and free Ground Shipping all in-stock games $49.99 or more. May not be combined with other offers. Not valid on consoles or other hardware. Expires 5/31/2010 11:59PM

bread's done
Back