$10 off Madden 09 at 7-Eleven

djcrestone

CAGiversary!
Hey!

I was at my local Denver, CO 7-Eleven and there was a Madden 09 promotion on the front pane glass window. Basically it stated if you buy a Snickers bar you can come in at midnight on the eve of the release (AUG 12?) and buy MADDEN at the store and get $10 off with the wrapper. Weird.

Anyhoo, I hope this hasn't already been posted....I'll try to get a photo and upload it.

Also, it stated that it's only at participating locations...

-djcrestone

i heard if you wait 9 or 10 months after release you'll be able to get it for $50 off. just call it a hunch ;)

I heard that if there was actually competition for EA from someone like 2K Sports- then you could actually get a game for 30 or 40 dollars.

It is always unfortunate when there is no competition- consumers LOSE.

HAHA!! 7-11 entering the gaming world?!?!?! I did get those sweet little Halo 3 cups filled with the my favorite Slurpee, but never have I seen a game for sale. Hilarious. If they do actually sell Madden 09 there, I will buy a copy on principle alone!!!

i think ill pass on the walking into a 7-11 at midnight holding a dirty snickers wrapper to trying to buy a video at a convenience store.

fuck MADDEN!

Yep, it's true. Some 7-11 stores indeed will have the game.
They only seem to have the mega hits upon their release though; several in Philadelphia had Halo 3 when it was released last year (but no deal to go with it)...

[quote name='kearns710']i think ill pass on the walking into a 7-11 at midnight holding a dirty snickers wrapper to trying to buy a video at a convenience store.[/QUOTE]

That comment made me lol.

I went to 7 Eleven today and got two Madden 09 Slurpee cups. There are 4 in all. I got the Tony Romo and Eli Manning cups. There are also Reggie Bush and L.T. cups.

[IMG-L=4634]1464[/IMG-L][IMG-L=4634]1465[/IMG-L]

I think I'll go ahead and pass being that I dont know of any 7-Elevens that sell or have ever sold games around me.

Don't mean to thread crap but after seeing what some people have had to say about the game, I think I will skip out yet again (3 ...or is it 4 years in a row now?) due to the lack of any real additions/improvements to the single player Franchise mode of the game...unless you consider them taking features out a feature...I mean when they dumb down the player editor to something worse than what Tecmo Superbowl had, I need to draw the line.

when i went to japan a year ago it wasnt uncommon to see games at the local corner store. it was weird seeing it then and its even weirder hearing this practice in the states

bread's done
Back