$10 off PS3 Game Pre Order at Amazon (PS3 bundle buyers only)

[quote name='CENNY']Thanks. Is it emailed to you, or is it automatically applied to your account and taken off when you make another game order?[/QUOTE]

It is applied to your account and will show up when you go to place an order.

Sent an e-mail in myself. Really I wouldn't mind if it was a broad $10 gc, but I'm not going to get anything in the tiny selection of games they gave me.

Didnt even know it was suppose to be Game of the Year Edition :p I emailed them though asking for just $10 off any game, not just the pre-order stuff.

[quote name='burger96']So i just got off the phone with Amazon, and was told that there will be an additional email that is going to be sent on Friday with additional concessions. My CSR, who didn't really seem to have a clue, read a memo sent out to all of the CSRs telling them no additional adjustments will be made as this compensation in an email on Friday is supposed to fix everything. I'm not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]
Huh, thanks for the info. Guess we'll find out in a few days.

I called and they gave me $30 credit.

Really annoyed by their mistake.
The ONLY reason I ordered that set was for that game of the year Uncharted.
I do love amazon and their customer service so I'll stay a loyal customer.
But it was such a dumb mistake of theirs.

I wish they would just let me switch out the games at no additional charge.

I'm not sure where else this thread could be placed, but I don't see how this is a general "video games deal" when this only applies to those few who purchased a PS3 Bundle from Amazon.

Just saying...

Chatted with a rep and apparently the video game department is going to send me an email early morning. Better be something good.

At first I talked to the live chat rep and they told me to send the entire bundle back for a refund. I want to keep the bundle, so I sent an email again asking for an exchange and this is what I got ... "Also, I searched our website but I can't find the Game of the Year version of this item. We don't offer an exchange program, but you're welcome to return the item. " ... Then I got the $10 pre-order credit email.
This is the first time I'm very dissatisfied with Amazon customer service. =(

I'm going to be disappointed with anything less than a $35 refund or credit. I ordered this as a gift, and now I look like an idiot and they don't have the game they wanted to play.

Sent them an email in the evening and the first response had the $10 off preorder offer. Sent another email and 2nd response from them said they'll put in a request for a $50 refund within 2-3 days so it turned out to be an amazing deal ($300 - $50 refund - $25 credit = $225)

[quote name='darksurtur']I'm going to be disappointed with anything less than a $35 refund or credit. I ordered this as a gift, and now I look like an idiot and they don't have the game they wanted to play.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I want to keep the bundle because I bought it as a gift for my brother. The worse thing was I told my friend about this bundle and she bought it for her husband. Then she asked me yesterday ... "isn't it supposed to be the game of the year edition?" .... I am really upset about this ... especially one of the rep told me to return the entire bundle, the second said there is no game of the year edition of the bundle and the third offered me $10 pre-order credit towards the games I'm not interested in.... :cry:

After sending an e-mail about the $10 credit I got a response saying this:

"
Hello,

I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.

We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon."

-_-

[quote name='7dustfan']It is applied to your account and will show up when you go to place an order.[/QUOTE]

Ah ok, thanks.

Sent off my second email to CS within 8 hrs (first one sent yesterday evening, got no response yet which is a little worrying). Wonder if I'm going to get anything. I really wanted that GOTY and thought I would be getting it. Needless to say I will not be happy if other people who had the same issue as me get credits of 20-60 bucks when all I get is a $10 preorder credit.

I have already had two bad experiences this year with other companies, really hope I have better luck third time around because I'm pretty PO'd right now.

Also, about this "mystery email" that we might be getting- how good can it really be, given that some people already got such big credits when they contacted CS? I doubt they're going to give some nice offer to people after some have already been gived so much store credit/refunds or whatever.

My e-mail was very automated, basically telling me how a gift card works. I, um, will be e-mailing again or calling. That was annoying.

Hello,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience.

Due to incorrect information from the vendor, we promoted the wrong version of a game in the PS3 Black Friday bundle. I'm very sorry for that. The $10 promotional credit will not make up for it but we thought that it would be in best interest of our customers to issue such a credit due to the inconvenience caused by it.

Our marketing department is working to take care of it and you will receive another email concerning the issue shortly.

One of our aims at Amazon.com is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we haven't met that standard. I'm truly sorry, and I hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

We look forward to your next visit.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A2YR88HHEETW5N&k=hy

If no, please click here:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/survey?p=A2YR88HHEETW5N&k=hn

Their response seems to be random. I was just offered a $25 refund, not the $60 some have received, so I'm not sure what to make of it. I honestly wanted the GOTY edition. And for this Friday email...???

First time I called, they told me that they're out of the GOTY edition even though it's in stock right now. Offered nothing other than the $10. Called back and spoke to another person and got a $35 gift card (good for anything shipped by amazon, not just video games).

Last edited by a moderator:
I had some success. Here's what I got in an email:
"I'm so sorry that you have not received the free "Uncharted 2: Game of the Year edition." as promised.

Please place a new order for the "Uncharted 2: Game of the Year edition." selecting standard shipping and write back to us with the order number we will refund the complete order charges"."

If this works, I'll be giving my original copy to a friend of mine for Christmas.

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']I'm not sure where else this thread could be placed, but I don't see how this is a general "video games deal" when this only applies to those few who purchased a PS3 Bundle from Amazon.

Just saying...[/QUOTE]
:applause:Exactly. This is not a general deal that EVERYONE can get in on, so it belongs in the Deal/Shopping Discussion section.

Enough people ordered this that it should be of interest to people in this forum.

So far, two emails, no reply yet. One phone call- told the rep I was not happy with this situation at all, just kept getting the same answer. Still got nothing to show for it. I'm pretty upset right now, I have to say. Feel like writing them a long letter telling them that I will be taking my business elsewhere in future. Ugh.

[quote name='CENNY']Enough people ordered this that it should be of interest to people in this forum.

So far, two emails, no reply yet. One phone call- told the rep I was not happy with this situation at all, just kept getting the same answer. Still got nothing to show for it. I'm pretty upset right now, I have to say. Feel like writing them a long letter telling them that I will be taking my business elsewhere in future. Ugh.[/QUOTE]
But it's NOT a "deal" that everyone can get in on. Besides which there's already a thread on the Deal/Shopping Discussion forum, so why was a new one needed?

Old thread on Deal/Shopping Discussions: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279809

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Exactly. This is not a general deal that EVERYONE can get in on, so it belongs in the Deal/Shopping Discussion section.[/QUOTE]

Not everybody frequents that forum though, so it makes more sense to keep it where most people who got in on the deal will see it. Don't read the thread if it doesn't apply to you, it's not that hard.

I wouldn't have seen the thread if it wasn't in this forum... sent amazon an email last night, no response as of yet.

[quote name='dashrendar']Not everybody frequents that forum though, so it makes more sense to keep it where most people who got in on the deal will see it. Don't read the thread if it doesn't apply to you, it's not that hard.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. More people who got the deal will see it in this forum. Please just ignore the thread if it doesn't interest you.

To anyone who contacted CS and wasn't satisfied: Make sure you reply to the automatic followup email asking you for your opinion. If you're not satisfied about something, let them know it in the comments section (make sure to describe your situation so that they know what you're talking about), because maybe it will help us get something better out of this- if there is another "mystery email" that's going to go out soon, the feedback will help them understand how we feel and then they can act accordingly in the next email...

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause:Exactly. This is not a general deal that EVERYONE can get in on, so it belongs in the Deal/Shopping Discussion section.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']This. Maybe a mod can have this moved?[/QUOTE]

LoL at the forum police. Don't you guys have anything better to do? Many deals posted don't apply to everyone. Glad this was posted here, as I never visit the deal discussion forum and am enjoying Amazon's various responses to this issue.

As for me, I received a response e-mail yesterday saying that they had to look in to it and would get back to me. Wonder what I'll end up with, will probably have to wait until Friday like everyone else, heh.

I e-mailed Amazon last night, complaining about the $10 preorder credit they offered me. I explained that I wasn't interested in preordering any of those titles, and that the credit was worthless to me. I told them that, since the Uncharted 2: GOTY edition retails for $50, that was what I wanted refunded on my purchase. Lo and behold, I just received an e-mail refunding me $50. Very little hassle for me, and a good resolution to the problem. I'm pleased with Amazon once again, they at least did right by me. Good luck to the rest of you seeking compensation.

[quote name='BingoBrown']I e-mailed Amazon last night, complaining about the $10 preorder credit they offered me. I explained that I wasn't interested in preordering any of those titles, and that the credit was worthless to me. I told them that, since the Uncharted 2: GOTY edition retails for $50, that was what I wanted refunded on my purchase. Lo and behold, I just received an e-mail refunding me $50. Very little hassle for me, and a good resolution to the problem. I'm pleased with Amazon once again, they at least did right by me. Good luck to the rest of you seeking compensation.[/QUOTE]

I had sent them an email saying I didn't want to preorder any of those game, and I got a $25 refund. Still seems poor to me, seeing as it doesn't match the value of GOTY, and people get up to 20% refund, I'll be sending them another email.

I've called twice.

First time I got $30 credit.
Second time an additional $5.

I want the $50 or to get the Game of the Year editon at no extra cost.

Actually, Im satisfied with the $35 but seeing as some people are getting more makes me feel gipped and the greed in me pops out.

I apparently have the GOTY edition on the way to me and $39.99 crediting me for my purchase of it. I'm happy. We should compile a list of variations on how this has been handled so far.

The 4th reply I got:

I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your order. I understand you're concerned about your recent order for the PS3 160 GB Black Friday Bundle.

As mentioned earlier, we’ve discovered an error which displayed Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition as part of the offer where the offer should have displayed Uncharted 2 Standard Edition.
To help make up for any disappointment, we’ve already offered you a $10 promotional code to apply towards the pre-order of any of the titles on this page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000639131
I'm so sorry, but we can't offer any additional insight or action on this matter.
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Seriously? :bomb:

[quote name='lassiterb']LoL at the forum police. Don't you guys have anything better to do? Many deals posted don't apply to everyone. Glad this was posted here, as I never visit the deal discussion forum and am enjoying Amazon's various responses to this issue.

As for me, I received a response e-mail yesterday saying that they had to look in to it and would get back to me. Wonder what I'll end up with, will probably have to wait until Friday like everyone else, heh.[/QUOTE]

Those "deals" that don't apply to everyone, well they end up Regional Deals discussion, or in some cases Deal Discussion. This deal is no longer active (being offered to everyone) hence why it doesn't belong here.

I'm no square, but this definitely doesn't belong in this portion of the forums.

I called this morning and the rep said they can't do anything else besides $10 promo. What a load of bs! The GOTY comes with $35 additional content they are only offering 10 bucks??? I sent an email and am waiting for a response. They guy on the phone held his ground so I am not very confident at this point in being treated fairly as some of you have.

Amazon just needs to work with sony to get digital redemption codes to convert the normal version to GOTY version. I mean that's all the GOTY version is, the standard disc with bundled codes. They are soo overcomplicating this, and pissing people off in the process.

Sent an email earlier this morning and received the following:

Greetings from Amazon.com

We're writing to let you know we processed your refund of $45.00 for your Order XXXXX.

This refund is for the following item(s):

Item: PlayStation 3 160 GB Black Friday Bundle w/ Uncharted 2, Pixel Junk Shooter, Karate Kid Blu-Ray, and $25 Video Game Credit
Quantity: 1
ASIN: B0047ZC19W
Reason for refund: Item not satisfactory

Here's a the breakdown of your refund for this item:

Goodwill Refund: $45.00

[quote name='TraBuch']Sent an email yesterday and still no response. Maybe they're being swamped with complaints?[/QUOTE]

Me too, send them one around 6:00 PM PST, about 20 hours ago...still no response. They ALWAYS respond within a couple of hours!

I sent them another email. At first I wasn't too angry, but the $10 credit on specific pre-orders is really a crappy way to say "sorry, we f*cked up".

Question: Just checking, if my copy of Uncharted 2 says "Game of the year"/"Winner of 32 game of the year awards" on the front, but DOES NOT say "Game of the year edition" (and does not have anything about $35 more worth of extra content) do I definitely not have the GOTY edition?

[quote name='Z(+)DIAC']Those "deals" that don't apply to everyone, well they end up Regional Deals discussion, or in some cases Deal Discussion. This deal is no longer active (being offered to everyone) hence why it doesn't belong here.

I'm no square, but this definitely doesn't belong in this portion of the forums.[/QUOTE]Agreed.

Moved to Deal Discussions, since this is related to the PS3 bundle deal, not a specific deal itself.

Publishers, please pay attention!

If you have ANY plans to release a Game of the Year edition as a sperate SKU, DO NOT put the words game of the year anyhere on the original SKU!

I mean Amazon is to blame for the improper listing, but I really think Sony/Naughty Dog muddied the waters on this one.

Got the bundle myself, got the $10 email, and to be quite honest I didn't think much more of it. Now that you mention it, though, the $35 difference is actually quite disturbing. I'll see how this email goes on Friday and then take it up with CS if need be.

That said, the game is actually in the box with the system when it shipped to those of you that bought it, right? It wasn't loose in the shipping box? Just trying to make sure - the actual PS3 box says nothing about it being a bundle other than a sticker saying "amazon.com black friday".

[quote name='chiat']The 4th reply I got:

I've reviewed our previous correspondence and your order. I understand you're concerned about your recent order for the PS3 160 GB Black Friday Bundle.

As mentioned earlier, we’ve discovered an error which displayed Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition as part of the offer where the offer should have displayed Uncharted 2 Standard Edition.
To help make up for any disappointment, we’ve already offered you a $10 promotional code to apply towards the pre-order of any of the titles on this page:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/?docId=1000639131
We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Seriously? :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Exactly the reply I got. I wasn't that mad, but after one reply which didn't even pertain to my question and then this response, I'm starting to get angry.

I emailed amazon yesterday and their response was just return the bundle..I haven't even gotten any email about that $10 promo code either.

Btw, those of you who have received your bundles, did your ps3 box have an amazon bundle sticker on it or did it have a proper black friday sticker on the box?

My ps3 came with that ugly looking amazon bundle sticker and it was shipped from their kentucky warehouse which also happens to be their returns center. It looks like amazon just packed in uc2, karate kid, pixel shooter code with a returned ps3 and sent it me.. Maybe I should just send this bundle back.

[quote name='cloretsfresh']I emailed amazon yesterday and their response was just return the bundle..I haven't even gotten any email about that $10 promo code either.

Btw, those of you who have received your bundles, did your ps3 box have an amazon bundle sticker on it or did it have a proper black friday sticker on the box?

My ps3 came with that ugly looking amazon bundle sticker and it was shipped from their kentucky warehouse which also happens to be their returns center. It looks like amazon just packed in uc2, karate kid, pixel shooter code with a returned ps3 and sent it me.. Maybe I should just send this bundle back.[/QUOTE]
where was pixel junk shooter?

bread's done
Back