$10 off PS3 Game Pre Order at Amazon (PS3 bundle buyers only)

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']where was pixel junk shooter?[/QUOTE]
Pixel shooter voucher code was inside the ps3 box along with uc2 and karate kid blu ray. Maybe I'm just worrying over it too much but ever since I got several scratched copies of ssf4 and an open copy of a game with missing disc from amazon, I've been trying to avoid buying games from amazon. I figured a console would be a safe buy but I don't know now..:cry:

2 emails and 2 phone calls later and I've got nothing to show for it. Never thought I would be this PO'd at amazon. What really gets me is how easily some others seem to have got results. I WANTED that GOTY edition, this was a gift to my brother!

Like I said, if anyone is not satisfied with the response they got from contacting CS, make sure you reply to that follow up email they send asking you how it went. I know exactly what I'm going to tell them about my phone call experience. Plus, if enough people respond then maybe that will influence them in their next email on Friday or whenever.

When I ordered this on Friday, I was all happy that I got a pretty good deal. But now I'm just... gah. :(

[quote name='Syki']Hey I got a new email and I didn't even request anything! $25 ain't bad I guess.

"Thank you for purchasing from Amazon.com.

Your recent order XXXXXXXXXXX entitles you to a promotional credit which we have added to your account. This credit can be applied to your next qualifying purchase.
Promotion details:

Additional information on this offer can be found here.

It is our pleasure to let you know that you have earned a $25 credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com until 10/31/2011. To redeem your reward, simply visit http://www.amazon.com/games, add an item from the Amazon Video Games store shipped and sold by Amazon.com to your shopping cart, and the discount will be automatically applied.

The promotional credit must be used by October 31, 2011. This offer is subject to Terms and Conditions.

Thanks again for shopping with us.

Amazon.com
Earth's Biggest Selection"[/QUOTE]

That looks exactly like the email I got... except that it was for the credit that was supposed to come with the bundle. Was this the only email you got or did you get another one like it?

[quote name='cloretsfresh']I emailed amazon yesterday and their response was just return the bundle..I haven't even gotten any email about that $10 promo code either.

Btw, those of you who have received your bundles, did your ps3 box have an amazon bundle sticker on it or did it have a proper black friday sticker on the box?

My ps3 came with that ugly looking amazon bundle sticker and it was shipped from their kentucky warehouse which also happens to be their returns center. It looks like amazon just packed in uc2, karate kid, pixel shooter code with a returned ps3 and sent it me.. Maybe I should just send this bundle back.[/QUOTE]

Yup, mine came that way too. I doubt the PS3 is returned, rather they just opened it up and dropped the extra stuff in.

Good to see the forum police are out in full force this holiday season, lol. Maybe we should just all complain about deal threads that don't apply to each of us.

Back on subject, Amazon still hasn't responded to my email I sent last night. I sent it from the "Contact Us" Link on the Help page, I assume that's where everybody else had filed their complaints.

chiat, dashrendar and anyone else who might still be contacting them about this, you guys should check out Trueblade's sage advice here:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7909786&postcount=66

Which is from this thread, in case you haven't seen it:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279809

I followed this advice, called in, and it finally got me a $35 refund back on my c/c (this is after several emails and calls, I finally tried the part where you ask to talk to the manager and it did the trick). Good luck, guys.

[quote name='burger96']Yup, mine came that way too. I doubt the PS3 is returned, rather they just opened it up and dropped the extra stuff in.[/QUOTE]
I see. I was just worried because it came from their Kentucky warehouse. Anyway, I got another reply from amazon stating they're giving me a $10 credit. Still pondering whether or not I should just return this bundle.

I finally got an email reply, saying that they already sent me a $10 credit... even though I never had received any email from them.

Wrote them back and said $10, which I never received anyway, was not fair $35 was the LEAST they could refund to make it okay.

Waiting on response for that.

I e-mailed Amazon on Tuesday, I didn't hear a response until early this morning. I got the same canned e-mail several people have gotten (we already gave you a $10 credit, nothing else we can do, sorryyy).

In the follow up e-mail I received, I said I wasn't happy about my response since it was canned and it was not tailored to me and it did not show any attempt for Amazon to work with me. I selected the option for Amazon to call me.

I received a phone call from a customer service rep and I explained the $35 DLC discrepancy in the titles and how the $10 pre-order credit did not seem fair or appropriate. He agreed with me and said he would refund the $35 back to my credit card.

I told him one of the main reasons I called was due to the canned response I had gotten. I asked several questions, including how was a $10 credit for a pre-order bonus to a game we may not want adequate compensation and it wasn't answered (because it was a canned response, obviously). I was part of a website Amazon deals with (CAG) and it had several members who were unhappy and received the exact same response while others did receive help.

He said that no one *should* have received those canned responses and regardless if Amazon is swamped or busy, it shouldn't impact our customer satisfaction. He said he would take that info and forward it up the chain and see why people are being given the halt but he said that the unhappy people should call back and Amazon SHOULD be able to help them out. I didn't get his name, but he seemed very eager to help and on 'our side' of the situation.

Hope this helps some people.

Emailed 2 or 3 times, without any luck. Called this morning, and got a friendly agent who offered to apply $39.99 to my account to buy Uncharted 2 GOTY.

Called. I was probably too nice on the phone, but at least got my $10 moved to use on anything instead of the handful of pre-orders I didn't want.

Got my wife to call Amazon since she's better at getting what she wants in these situations... she managed to get $40 refunded to my credit card and the $10 applied to my account, instead of being limited to those pre orders, score!

So I sent off an email and got the form response about the $10 preorder credit. I clicked on the link for further assistance and talked to a rep on the phone. She said that Amazon is investigating how to address consumer dissatisfaction but it will take several weeks until they decide what to do. She couldn't give me a date but said they hoped to have something in place before Christmas. They will be sending a mass email to all consumers with their plan when it is complete. Hopefully they are working on something and not just blowing us off.

Interesting. Do you think they're waiting to see how many people contact them about the GOTY issue before they make a decision?

Anyone out there not satisfied with their order? Be sure to contact them and let them know, make your voice heard.

[quote name='CENNY']Interesting. Do you think they're waiting to see how many people contact them about the GOTY issue before they make a decision?

Anyone out there not satisfied with their order? Be sure to contact them and let them know, make your voice heard.[/QUOTE]

That could be a factor, I remember her saying that it was good I contacted them about my dissatisfaction. But it could mean nothing. My sense was she had dealt with a lot of callers on this issue. I'm mainly disappointed that their way of making amends is to have you spend more money on games that don't even come out until next year.

Just got an e-mail from amazon:

Hello,

We’re writing about your recent order for the PS3 160 Black Friday Bundle. Due to a miscommunication from the publisher, we displayed Uncharted 2 Game of the Year edition as part of the offer, while the offer should have displayed Uncharted 2 Standard Edition.

We’re very sorry about this. To help make up for any disappointment, we’d like to offer you code to unlock the bonus content contained in the Game of the Year edition.

How to Use Your Code:
Step 1: Open an account on the PlayStation Network (or use an existing account).
Step 2: Select "Account Management" from the "PlayStation Network" icon on the XMB (XcrossMediaBar).
Step 3: Select "Redeem Codes."
Step 4: Enter the first promotional code found below. Please note that the promotional code is case sensitive and must be entered exactly.
Step 5: Once the promotional code has been entered correctly click "Continue." Once you accept the terms you will be taken to the download screen.

Your code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Video Game Editors
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/

While I wished I had gotten a refund like some people here did (I don't care much for the extra GOTY stuff) I got what I paid for plus $10 off a pre-order so I am content.

Does it have to be the original buyer who uses the extra content code? The bundle I got (including Uncharted 2) was supposed to be a gift, so can the person who gets the gift use it instead or no?

[quote name='CENNY']Does it have to be the original buyer who uses the extra content code? The bundle I got (including Uncharted 2) was supposed to be a gift, so can the person who gets the gift use it instead or no?[/QUOTE]

It's just a PSN code, anyone should be able to use it.

Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with Amazon. Not sure why it took them so long to resolve the problem, and not sure why their initial compensation ($10 off pre-order) was so pathetic, but in the end, they did right by everyone.

[quote name='BingoBrown']

Gotta say, I'm pretty pleased with Amazon. Not sure why it took them so long to resolve the problem, and not sure why their initial compensation ($10 off pre-order) was so pathetic, but in the end, they did right by everyone.[/QUOTE]

I received the email with the GOTY content code as well. I agree that this is the appropriate response. Maybe it took so long because they had to work out a deal with Sony?

[quote name='blackvolk']I received the email with the GOTY content code as well. I agree that this is the appropriate response. Maybe it took so long because they had to work out a deal with Sony?[/QUOTE]

I assume this is why it was taking them so long, probably were working out payment options with Sony. At least we all get all the extras included in the GOTY edition in the end, but the non-uniformity of earlier compensation is still disappointing, they should have at least been offering $10 credit towards any games, not just a few pre-orders.

bread's done
Back