$10 OFF Purchase of Any 2 Videogames COUPONS in TARGET Holiday Toys Catalog

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
The annual Holiday Toys Catalog should be making its way into Target B&M soon. However, Target online is nice (or foolhardy) enough to make the coupons within available for printing directly here:

http://sites.target.com/images/2009HolidayCoupons/holiday_coupons_print.html

There are 3 videogame-related coupons on pages 5 & 6 (EXPIRES 11/25 - day before Thanksgiving):

:360: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 XBOX 360 GAMES

:ps3::psp: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 PS3 or PSP GAMES

:wii::ds: $10 OFF PURCHASE OF ANY 2 WII or DS GAMES PURCHASE

Remember, you can also check the endcap aisle by the Toy Dept. or at the front cashier stations for the actual Toy Catalog. Good luck!
FYI, there are no price restrictions, works on clearance games, and stacks with the current Wii B2G1 promotion (exp. 11/07). Happy hunting !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dachemists']free games at target for the psp - god of war 4.99 + socom 4.99 + $10 off coupon = free[/QUOTE]
I haven't seen GOW PSP in the Targets since last weekend. I did see one restock on Bigs2 (360) today. Also another one had the clearance section overflowing....they left a box by it with more games. They took away their clearance section for some time (over a month), so I was surprised to see it. However, all of them were overpriced right now. For example NCAA Basketball 09 (360) was almost $30.

[quote name='ryne candy']I haven't seen GOW PSP in the Targets since last weekend. I did see one restock on Bigs2 (360) today. Also another one had the clearance section overflowing....they left a box by it with more games. They took away their clearance section for some time (over a month), so I was surprised to see it. However, all of them were overpriced right now. For example NCAA Basketball 09 (360) was almost $30.[/QUOTE]

That's one thing I will never get about the Target clearance. I got NCAA 09 from a store for $14.98 like two months ago now yet other Targets nearby are still trying to sell it at $41.98.

[quote name='ryne candy']BS....unless they can show you scratches, I would never allow them to charge me a fee. I had them take the fee off once when they tried to tell me my disc was scratched....when he couldn't show me, he took it off. I'm sure the manager told them to do what they could to increase profits.[/QUOTE]

That guy was just being a douche. Each store has a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goal for trade in the scope of total trade dollars. So his actions would hurt the store.

On topic: Any word if the stores that do clearance mark-downs late in the week will do them early due to Black Friday?

[quote name='V Gundam']That guy was just being a douche. Each store has a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly goal for trade in the scope of total trade dollars. So his actions would hurt the store.

On topic: Any word if the stores that do clearance mark-downs late in the week will do them early due to Black Friday?[/QUOTE]

My local Targets have never altered their clearance pricing schedule for Black Friday.

[quote name='Gbear09']haven't seen too much at target worth getting on my recent trip, did see the pop star guitar for wii bundle for 7.97 or 2.97 w/ coupon if i find another game to couple with it. is it even worth it at that price?[/QUOTE]

No, it's not.

What's funny about PopStar is according to the GS TIV thread, the game w/o the mics get more money than if you were to trade it in with the mic grips!

I always passed on PopStar clearance b/c all the boxes were beat up and practically ripped open.

Picked up 6 games: Guitar Hero Metallica, 2 Mass Effects, God of War PSP, Monster Hunter Freedom Unite PSP, Lego Star Wars 360 -- used 3 coupons plus a coupon I got earlier in the week for $5 off a $50 toy purchase...total for all 6 games--52 bucks...some decent Xmas gifts, etc in there...

[quote name='loserboy'] used 3 coupons plus a coupon I got earlier in the week for $5 off a $50 toy purchase...[/QUOTE]

Hmm I have one of these...so this coupon works with videogames?

I picked up some more games today and at checkout I got a coupon for $10 off $100 on black Friday morning only.

I was planning on picking up Halo3ODST for 37 and the Wiiplay w/remote for 39 on BF. Do you think this coupon will work with the Wiiplay?

[quote name='Echelon79']I was planning on picking up Halo3ODST for 37 and the Wiiplay w/remote for 39 on BF. Do you think this coupon will work with the Wiiplay?[/QUOTE]

the coupon expires BEFORE Thanksgiving; so no, the coupon won't work then.

Feel very fortunate to have scored :360: Wolvy. Don't forget, if you have troubles printng the game cpns online, Targets have the physical toy catalogs in stores around the toy aisles or even upfront by the registers. Good luck and happy cheap gaming from Target.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='confoosious']I bought pop star guitar for $4 at Kmart and it's the worst wii game I've ever played.[/QUOTE]

The PS2 version is ok, I guess since it works with Guitar Hero controllers. It's too bad so many songs are covers.

[quote name='dachemists']free games at target for the psp - god of war 4.99 + socom 4.99 + $10 off coupon = free[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, i've been meaning to get GoW PSP anyways. :D

I was able to score 2 copies of Scribblenauts for $20 by using this coupon and a mistake by Target.

I was at Target and didn't see any clearance games that I hadn't seen already. On the way to the door, I looked at the 14.99 Wii/DS games they have up front. I rarely look at them because they are usually horrible games (IMO). I couldn't believe my eyes that they had a stack of Scribblenauts (10-13 copies) up front for $15. I grabbed 2, not even thinking it was a mistake but how fast this game had gone down in price. When the lady rang it up, it came up as $29.99, so I told her about the stack of games. She knew about it and didn't look to happy, I guess she had told someone to take it down but they weren't fast enough. Gave her the coupon and walked out spending $20 on 2 copies of Scribblenauts.

Got a good deal with the coupon today:

:360:Fallout 3 DLC (Broken Steel and Point Lookout) $9.98
:360:GI Joe: Rise of the Cobra $12.48
- $10 off 2
= $13.08

Then...

Trade-in :360:GI Joe at GS + Edge
= $15.67

So, in the end I got Broken Steel and Point Lookout for a $2.59 profit.

Made my final run with the coupon tonight, decided to save myself a trip to BB on Black Friday:

:ps3:Dragon Age: Origins $44
:ps3:The Bigs 2 $13.98
- $10 coupon
= $50.38 AT

Then...

Trade-in :ps3:Bigs 2 at GS + Edge
= $16.50

So in the end, I got :ps3:Dragon Age: Origins for $33.88 AT.

where can i find how much trade in value for games at gamestop are? i want to flip like 12 games, how many can u trade in at once?? and do u guys unwrap the new games??

[quote name='polo14player']where can i find how much trade in value for games at gamestop are? i want to flip like 12 games, how many can u trade in at once?? and do u guys unwrap the new games??[/QUOTE]

If you go to the top of this page, on the right there is a tab that says "retailers". Pick Gamestop, and then search the games you want to trade, and if a CAG has put in a trade-in price it will show up. Also, I usually just call my local GS and ask. They will normally look up the trade-in value, no problem.

For new games you must unwrap them or GS won't take them. Some GS employees will give you a crooked look if the game is too obviously new, so I usually keep my original receipt in pocket just in case.

Also, you can trade in as many as you want at a time.

Picked up Wolfenstein, GH Metallica, NCAA 09 and Endwar (chrimbo prezzie for a friend) all on 360 for $47.50 after 2 coupons, not too shabby.

Scored two copies of Borderlands (PS3) for myself and a friend:

$44 + $44 - $10 (buy 2 coupon) - $5 ($5 off $75 purchase register coupon) + $5.02 (NM tax) = $78.02.

Borderlands for $39.01 for both me and my friend.

Me likey.

[quote name='kidu']If you go to the top of this page, on the right there is a tab that says "retailers". Pick Gamestop, and then search the games you want to trade, and if a CAG has put in a trade-in price it will show up. Also, I usually just call my local GS and ask. They will normally look up the trade-in value, no problem.

For new games you must unwrap them or GS won't take them. Some GS employees will give you a crooked look if the game is too obviously new, so I usually keep my original receipt in pocket just in case.

Also, you can trade in as many as you want at a time.[/QUOTE]

You can trade in as many as you want, however, most Gamestops will not take multiple copies of a game at once, so if you have more than one of the same title you may have to make more than one trip.

On a side note, the trade-in price search thingy is cool, but it REALLY needs a date the value was last updated. I went the other day to take advantage of the trade-6-get-an-extra-40%, and one of the games that was listed here to trade in for $5 got less than $2, disqualifying it.

Target never received a second shipment of Rabbids Go Home and never received a second shipment of Phantasy Star Online (Nor did Best Buy, apparently) so I haven't found a use for this coupon yet.

I got bestbuy pricematch with Target coupon book today. Scored Ape Escape on the loose (PSP) $5, Sega Genessis Ultimate Collection (PS3) $15.
I'll stop by bestbuy again tomorrow ;)

Got L4D2 and Borderlands for $80. Don't have to wait until Black Friday and worry about not getting L4D2 for cheaper. (I know Best Buy had it for $35, but I doubt they'll be there when I go around noon.)

[quote name='argyle']You can trade in as many as you want, however, most Gamestops will not take multiple copies of a game at once, so if you have more than one of the same title you may have to make more than one trip.

On a side note, the trade-in price search thingy is cool, but it REALLY needs a date the value was last updated. I went the other day to take advantage of the trade-6-get-an-extra-40%, and one of the games that was listed here to trade in for $5 got less than $2, disqualifying it.[/QUOTE]

I thought the tiered trade promo has no minimum trade in requirements?

Wait.. so let's say I use the Xbox 360 "Buy 2 get $10 off" coupon at my local Target. Can I reprint the same coupon from the same computer/printer and revisit the same Target store and reuse the coupon??

Just need some reassurance on this as I'll be heading there tomorrow after class!

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Wait.. so let's say I use the Xbox 360 "Buy 2 get $10 off" coupon at my local Target. Can I reprint the same coupon from the same computer/printer and revisit the same Target store and reuse the coupon??

Just need some reassurance on this as I'll be heading there tomorrow after class!

Thanks :bouncy:[/QUOTE]Hm, I don't understand. You want to know if you can use the coupon more than once?

Yes. If I print it (XB360 $10 off coupon) out multiple times.. use it once at my local Target.. then come back later and use the other coupon (same coupon, just different printout) will it work?

I guess my real question is... is every coupon I printout unique?

I just figured I could use the coupon on two clearance games from Target, go home, jump back on the Target website, reprint the same coupon, go back to Target a few hours later, and use the coupon again.

Sorry, its pretty simple, I'm just making it more complex than it should be. :bomb:

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Yes. If I print it (XB360 $10 off coupon) out multiple times.. use it once at my local Target.. then come back later and use the other coupon (same coupon, just different printout) will it work?

I just figured I could use the coupon on two clearance games from Target, go home, jump back on the Target website, reprint the same coupon, go back to Target a few hours later, and use the coupon again.

Sorry, its pretty simple, I'm just making it more complex than it should be. :bomb:[/QUOTE]As far as i now, you can use this coupon as many times as you want. You should even be able to use multiple coupons in the same transaction. But I don't use coupons a lot. This is just from my experience.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Yes. If I print it (XB360 $10 off coupon) out multiple times.. use it once at my local Target.. then come back later and use the other coupon (same coupon, just different printout) will it work?

Sorry, its pretty simple, I'm just making it more complex than it should be. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

The only issue is that the coupon printer they use to allow you to print it only allows so many prints of any given coupon. I believe the number is 2. It would probably be easier for you to go back to the toy section or ask CS for their toy coupon book which has the same coupons in it. my store had a stand up that had about 60 in it on Friday. Monday it was empty so YMMV.

I have printed a ton of these coupons, and used them multiple times across the same stores, so no problem there. If the website will only let you print so many, just copy and paste one of the images from this thread.

I'm about to head out and try to utilize the coupons one last time at a remote Target.

I've used 3 coupons in the same transaction with no problem, all 3 worked.

Does anyone know if the coupon can still be used tomorrow, 11/25 or if it's dead tonight at 23:59? These "expires on" coupons and "expires" wording alway mess me up :(

[quote name='SnotRocket']I've used 3 coupons in the same transaction with no problem, all 3 worked.

Does anyone know if the coupon can still be used tomorrow, 11/25 or if it's dead tonight at 23:59? These "expires on" coupons and "expires" wording alway mess me up :([/QUOTE]

You can always use it on the day it says that it expires. It is pretty simple. If it expired on the day before like you are thinking, it would say the day before.

[quote name='shoe478']You can always use it on the day it says that it expires. It is pretty simple. If it expired on the day before like you are thinking, it would say the day before.[/QUOTE]

100 % correct! This is English 101- expires means has not expired yet.

Also, I used 3 printed and copied
iconps3.gif
coupons in one transaction (6 games) and there was no problems. I used the same copies over and over and over....but just case I always keep a catalog with the original coupons in my pocket. The catalog is by the toy section.

Final two days to use the coupon! Also, final two days to pick up clearance games before they are wiped out by Black Friday shoppers!

[quote name='Josef']Final two days to use the coupon! Also, final two days to pick up clearance games before they are wiped out by Black Friday shoppers![/QUOTE]

Seriously. Last year my Target had a good 20-25 games on clearance before Black Friday. I went on the following Saturday and every single game had been purchased.

[quote name='Josef']Final two days to use the coupon! Also, final two days to pick up clearance games before they are wiped out by Black Friday shoppers![/QUOTE]

Yea you just beat me to posting this. It is a good point to reiterate to everyone though, especially if you are new here. This is your last chance to use the coupon on clearance games. Everything will be gone by next Monday because to the average Black Friday shopper there is no waiting for the next clearance drop so if you had your eye on something I advise you to head out and make your purchase today or tomorrow.

i will say that since this coupon has been around, there's almost no clearance 360 games in my local Target store. i guess it's a good way for them clear out old clearance games...

I've gotten so much out of these coupons (must've used like 8 of them) with flipping Bigs 2 and Skate 2 to GS. I've just gotta go out today and try one more time before the Black Friday soccer moms see Wolfenstein and Ghostbusters at $41.xx, think its the greatest deal ever, and buy up all of our clearance games.

bread's done
Back