$10 off select PS3 games at Amazon

Not a bad deal for Virtua Tennis. But all the other games will probably see a price drop soon anyway.

EDIT: Screw it! I ordered NBA 2K7. I've been waiting long enough and it is the main reason I got a PS3. Thanks Cheapy!

[quote name='icruise']So Cheapy, any reason you don't have a Playstation Network ID in your profile? Just curious.[/quote]

I never bothered to add it since I don't have any games that I can play with you guys. I do have Resistance, but the way the game was designed, I can only play with people in Japan.

p.s. my ID is CheapyD ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']I never bothered to add it since I don't have any games that I can play with you guys. I do have Resistance, but the way the game was designed, I can only play with people in Japan.

p.s. my ID is CheapyD ;)[/QUOTE]
Hmm, I didn't realize that they segregated players by region that way (although given language issues, it probably makes sense). Is it determined by the version of the game or by the version of the PSN that you have your account with? In other words, is there any way to play with someone who has a Japanese version of Resistance? I have a buddy in Japan who just got a PS3.

[quote name='icruise']Hmm, I didn't realize that they segregated players by region that way (although given language issues, it probably makes sense). Is it determined by the version of the game or by the version of the PSN that you have your account with? In other words, is there any way to play with someone who has a Japanese version of Resistance? I have a buddy in Japan who just got a PS3.[/quote] I have a USA PSN ID, so it is either based on:

1) The version of the game (USA/JPN)
2) The version of the hardware (USA/JPN)
3) IP address

I'm leaning towards 2 or 3

[quote name='The Mana Knight']I'm tempted to get Untold Legends for that price. If it was Genji 2, I'd buy it instantly.[/QUOTE]

is Genji good?

is there gonna be a price drop soon on nba2k7 or ridge racer? I might get them but i can wait like another month if they will drop to 40.

[quote name='Indonesia']is Genji good?[/QUOTE]I thought Genji 2 was pretty good. The camera isn't good, but the gameplay is still a lot of fun. IMO, pretty much the best samurai action game next gen, so far.

[quote name='The Mana Knight']IMO, pretty much the best samurai action game next gen, so far.[/QUOTE]
That's saying a lot. :lol:

Genji has some very nice graphics and a completely broken camera (with no way to control it). I rented it and tried to get as far as the "killer enemy crab" but I just couldn't stand it. The combat is repetitive and the game's goals are often unclear.

[quote name='icruise']That's saying a lot. :lol:

Genji has some very nice graphics and a completely broken camera (with no way to control it). I rented it and tried to get as far as the "killer enemy crab" but I just couldn't stand it. The combat is repetitive and the game's goals are often unclear.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like they rushed it for launch. Too bad since otherwise it sounds like a good game. I'll still rent it or buy it when it hits $20 (same for Ridge Racer 7 and Untold Legends).

hey icruise how did u buy a 260 console cuz from hat i kno its not region free and has no english support and is it any good?

[quote name='bobthecat23']hey icruise how did u buy a 260 console cuz from hat i kno its not region free and has no english support and is it any good?[/QUOTE]
I bought my Japanese 360 when I was in Japan and I read Japanese, so that's how I can play Blue Dragon. I'd say it's a very good game. Very impressive graphics, although also very cartoony in style.

[quote name='icruise']I bought my Japanese 360 when I was in Japan and I read Japanese, so that's how I can play Blue Dragon. I'd say it's a very good game. Very impressive graphics, although also very cartoony in style.[/QUOTE]

I guess I should ask in a different forum or something, but what games do you think it "feels" like? I guess it's programmed by Artoon (who I love), and I'm hoping it captures the fun of the "Final Fantasy guy's" other games.

Well, in terms of its combat system and whatnot, it's not unlike Final Fantasy or most other Japanese RPGs. I haven't entirely figured out the character development system (you can develop each of your characters as well as their "shadows") but it seems relatively deep. There are a lot of "charge" attacks where you hold down a button and try to get hit the sweet spot on a gauge to do more damage (but when you do this it pushes you back in the combat order, so there is some strategy involved). I like that you can see the monsters on the world map and don't have to deal with those annoying random encounters.

Maybe we should start a new thread in the 360 forum for this. I'll look into doing that.

bread's done
Back