$100 Nintendo DS at Target B&M w/ DEC Catalog (YMMV)

FatBoyInside

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1137 (100%)
Sweetness! The upcoming TARGET stores monthly catalog "GATHER AROUND" December issue reveals a $99.99 price-tag for the Nintendo DS system. You can observe the caption thru this link (scroll to pg.56 and click on the child with the blue DS) :

http://catalog.target.com/december/.../kidscatalog/flash/toycatalog/&versionnum=1.4

UPDATE: Appears to be an ad misprint, but Target stores WILL HONOR $99.99 DS price (provided that you have the December catalog on-hand or want to attempt an online print-out). For more details, look here:
http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000563069679

I was able to verify this deal using the original catalog with no hassles, but YMMV if you decide to use a print-out. Good luck and the promotion ends Dec.12.

UPDATE #2: I guess they already corrected the price for the DS on their website's online catalog, but you can still utilize the Target Guest Relations hotline number to authenticate the mis-price. It seems the promotion now ends Dec.5. Good luck.

[quote name='cougr']hey, do you happen to know what the cashiers name was, or what time you went down?

i was JUST there and some little manager guy said that nintendo has a price freeze and they arent allowed to match prices on consoles... i was like uh..that is bs, someone just did it, and he told me 'well whoever did it is now fired' which sounds like even more bs

i tried in mid-town manhattan too, but the woman knew about it and said that since it was a mis-print, they won't PM it[/QUOTE]
I didn't catch her name... and, well, now I hope she didn't get in trouble. I think a lady manager came over to check out what was going on, and she seemed to approve, so maybe you should try back another time, at the checkout nearest the video games upstairs.

But of course that's crap about Nintendo. Sorry it didn't work out for you...

TRU is no longer PMs.......Only best place to get them Pms is Sears, BB , CC and Compusa!

Also, Can some Re-SCANN the Highest version (resolution) of the Target Catalog Page (the previous version is very dark & hard to read).

[quote name='Masterkyo']TRU is no longer PMs.......Only best place to get them Pms is Sears, BB , CC and Compusa!

Also, Can some Re-SCANN the Highest version (resolution) of the Target Catalog Page (the previous version is very dark & hard to read).[/QUOTE]

I used this one from the other thread in deal discussion

http://douglas.min.net/nds-ad.png

[quote name='paz9x']whoever mentioned the miramesa target, its on there.
zero problems i was greeted with actuial pleasant customer service.

the clerk actually said they wanted the screen before the popup window showing the price, because it has the page number. according to the clerk, they send in the pages and the stores get reimbursed because it was an error on the catalogs part.

anyway, they only have silver but if anybody in the area wants a ds with no hassle at all stop buy the miramesa store.

good luck, and thanks to everyone who helped in this thread.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the LOD named Jamie wanted the one with the page number 56, not the blown up one, there were only Silver DS's but I couldn't care less, at least I got it for $99.99.

Nice to see an actual CAG visit the Mira Mesa store.

I just picked up one today at the Target in Colma (a.k.a Serramonte), near San Francisco. I was greeted by a confused clerk. He sold me the DS after I showed him the copy of the scanned catalog and the letter and after he asked one of his fellow co-workers for confirmation. As the clerk was ringing it up, another clerk walked by and asked where I got the catalog. I told her its posted all over the net, and she laughed and said "Oh crap, that's so cheating!". Heh...

There were 4 DS's left there, and all of them are Electric Blue.

What do you argue when they say it was fixed. I mean they know you are trying to cheat them at this point in the game. I am sure they have relased memo's on it and to not just let it go.

Went in last night using the print out from this thread. The electronics person wasn't sure she she called her manager so took one look at the paper and said to honor it. So I walked away with my DS for $100.

[quote name='shadylane']where in the catalogue does it say 99.99? i looked at the picture with the boy and it says 129.99[/QUOTE]

It's already been updated.

[quote name='menikmati']Yeah the LOD named Jamie wanted the one with the page number 56, not the blown up one, there were only Silver DS's but I couldn't care less, at least I got it for $99.99.

Nice to see an actual CAG visit the Mira Mesa store.[/QUOTE]

yea the catalog scan itself looks like the way to go for anybody still trying to get in on this.

and theres no rebuttle needed when using the catalog scan, because that was printed and shipped that way.

I took a screen print of the online catalog (without the pop-up window but with the text in the red box magified showing the $99 price) to Circuit City. The customer service person was very pleasant. He asked his manager, but the manager wanted more. The cashier went online and I directed him to the Holiday Catalog. He asked if it was the same as my print out and I said yes. He said he needed something else and he did a search on Nintendo DS at Target.Com. I said that it was "in store" only. But he kept searching. He could NOT find a stand alone Nintendo DS on the target site - one link was broken, so he did a search and only games or bundles came up. After about 5 minutes I asked if it would help if I brought in the actual catalog (which I didn't have). He said if he couldn't find the DS on target, he would just give it to me. After a few more minutes of searching he gave up and I purchased a Nintendo DS silver for $96.99. I got very lucky!

I also picked up Advance Wars: Dual Strike for the DS at Best Buy using Best Buy Bucks... after $32 in BBB, it was only $3.17! Is this a good game for the DS? - it got great reviews.

[quote name='cheapfrag']
I also picked up Advance Wars: Dual Strike for the DS at Best Buy using Best Buy Bucks... after $32 in BBB, it was only $3.17! Is this a good game for the DS? - it got great reviews.[/QUOTE]
I'm loving it so far. Very good strategy game. Graphics aren't anything special, but you don't really need them.

i went to CC and pm'd got the game too no questions asked.... so they charged the DS as 80 and the ATV game as 20 so i will return the game and keep the DS for 80 bucks! :)

now to decide if im going to keep it or just get the new sp instead

[quote name='TheKindred']looks like a pretty solid deal to me ...i just recieved the book today[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I got one today too. I had already done a printout and plan to go in the morning - but now i've got the real deal!

So yeah, they are officially still shipping printed versions with the mistake not updated. Just FYI, so you may still get one if you haven't yet!

Where I am located, I was able to get the last blue DS that was in stock. I was the first one to capitalize on this "mistake" in the area and the staff was even kind enough to allow me to use the '$10 off $100 in electronics' coupon (in front of catalog) along with the markdown. A non-silver DS for 90 dollars along with a free travel case! Huzzah!

A big thunbs up for the Target crew, unlike the wankers at CC and BB who scoff and head straight for the break room whenever I attempt to price adjust anything.

For anyone near enough you can still go since there were about a dozen Silver DS systems in stock.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']if u think about this deal isnt as great as 12 pages makes it out to be

go to circuitcity.com
order a DS
use the $15 off $100 code
receive DS and free game promo(charged seperately in receipt)
return the free game get $20 back
and you basically have the target deal with couple dollars off without the PM hassle
and if you dont want to return the free game the same day then dont(i suggest waiting til next week til the free game promo is over so no one catches onto it)[/QUOTE]

How do I get the free game promo?

When this deal first broke I attempted to get a DS at the Target in Springfield, PA. The girl working in the electronics section told me that the sale wasn't until December and wouldn't do a price match until then.

Last night I went to the Target on 202 in north Delaware and they were of course sold out.

I then tried the Circuit City a half mile away. Initially they were going to do the price match. Unfortunately I had made the mistake of handing over the Joystiq article along with my printout of the online catalog. When the cashier saw that she went to ask the manager who quickly put the kibosh on it. Since it was Target's mistake they didn't want to do the match (even though Target was still honoring the price).

I didn't feel like arguing with them over it so I left and went to the Best Buy that's in close proximity (yes, this area is glorious for shopping, lots of stores, no sales tax). Best Buy had only a single silver DS on the shelf. I checked with the sales guy and thankfully they had more in the back. So I got the Blue one from him, listened to his PRP speech and went up front. The cashier was really friendly, and gave me the price match without any problems which then led me to buy the PRP for 9.99. I guess I'm only a quasi-devil customer.

Since BB was out of Mario Kart DS I then headed back to Target to snag that. After a bit of driving about, mission accomplished. And CC who did nothing for me got none of my business.

-Rob

That's what the deal is on the DS for the week at CC, it's in the circular. I think that's what I'm going to do and hopefully they won't have it ready in 24 minutes, so I can get another $24 off. :D

[quote name='craftangel']How do I get the free game promo?[/QUOTE]

It's a good chance you won't...I did mine today and was told I could get the pricematch or the free game but not both. Since I would play the game once anyway I took the $30 off :) Circuit City didn't even call...they just looked it up on Target's website and said good to go.

I got the PM at Circuit City today but it was a little trickier than I planned. On Monday, I decided to give the PM a shot at Circuit City where I could use my $250 GC that I purchased for $180 (1 year of AOL for $14.95/month) on Black Friday. I brought in a printout of the online catalog page but was denied because Target had already changed their price on their online catalog earlier that same day. Later on, I went home and decided to just bite the bullet and use the $15 off $100 Circuit City coupon.

On Tuesday, I noticed that the Action Replay I bought on Sunday at Circuit City was suddenly $10 cheaper so I went back to Circuit City with only a printout and my original reciept and to my surprise, they quickly refunded the difference with absolutely no hassle. So I put two and two together and told my little brother that I was too busy to help him with his Math homework any longer because I was still trying to find a way to get Circuit City to PM the DS.

I slept on it and today I decided to give it another try. I came back to Circuit City with another printout of the Target ad and asked for the difference. The customer service rep took a look at the page for literally no more than 5 seconds was refunded the difference. All in all, I think it was worth it, especially since I only really paid around $30 for the DS if you take into account the GC deal.

My Target says they are only honoring the price if you have the ACTUAL CATALOG IN HAND. Can anyone who already did this deal ship an actual catalog to me? I'll paypal you the $ for shipping + some more for your time/effort.. PM me.

TIA!

No offense to anyone with a blue DS, but why wouldn't you want silver? I chose Cobalt over Silver with the SP and regretted it forever, becasue it just looked like a toy, where as the silver at least looks like some sidekick phone or something.

I don't know...I would never take that color blue over silver...and blue is my favorite color!

Although...if graphite was stateside...I would get graphite over all of them...

I price matched myself a blue one (already got a silver one) at the CircuitCity in Norwalk, CA. I didn't get the game ATV game, but whatever. thanks go out to the OP and DT778 for posting up the scan. just showed them a copy of it, saying my sister was using the original at the moment so I photocopied the page. and recieved it with no problems whatsoever.

i went to best buy in worcester, ma. it was kind of a pain in the ass to price match. they lady said they only price match from "flyers'' not "catalogs" good fuckin life. so then tehy called over like 3 managers and htey were like we cant do it, its not a flyer. so iwa slike it has an expring date adn everything. they called target, and eventually tehy honored it. worth every penny. also snagged the last copy of mario kart, and got it for 24 after the coupon from 360. its not a flyer. what a crock of shit.

[quote name='craftangel']How do I get the free game promo?[/QUOTE]

the way i got it was from ordering the DS online, not price matching the target ad

i actually asked a worker if they had anymore DS's in stock and he said no, so i went online and the inventory online showed they had one at the store, so i decided to order one and try to get the $24 gift card since the worker said it was OOS, but i guess they had it in the back

when you check out online(remember to use $15 off $100 code expires 12/3) it shows the free game in your receipt, looking something like this:

DS $129.99 -$19.99=$110
Promo Code -$15.00
Promo game(ATV) $19.99
=$114.99

so when i picked up my DS, they didnt give me the free game, i asked about it, showed them their CC ad and the CSR said your right, rang up everything over again and got the game(ad says: free game with any dual screen purchase) go ahead and return the game next week or to a different store and u'll get a DS for $95+tax

What's the CC $15 off $100 code? I'm mulling whether or not I'll use the DS enough to warrant a purchase and if I decide to get one, everyone B&M will probably be out by then.

[quote name='maudig1']What's the CC $15 off $100 code? I'm mulling whether or not I'll use the DS enough to warrant a purchase and if I decide to get one, everyone B&M will probably be out by then.[/QUOTE]
8LAR296A5H

I think it expires on 12/3 though.

Blarg, they changed the online catalog back to $129. I need to hurry up and pick up on this deal before they cut it short. I just gotta find me a copy of the mailed catalog.

I just PM'd at CC, and they did it with no questions asked. I would have gotten the game, but they didn't have any left. I'm going to try another one to see if they have it, but for now I'm happy. Thanks OP and the people that posted the screenshots and catalog scan.

CC is full of bitches. The first thing that happen when I asked for a price match, they said the have to call the store to confirm the price. Then the store said it was 129.99, I said that was incorrect and thats why they have been sold out for like a week. Then they said it has to be local when I said it is 99.99 and you can call target corprate to check and they then said we only PM local deals. Then I said there was a catalog out and they said they only honor fucking ads that are local. It sounded like they kept just making up BS not to do a god damn price match. I dont want to know how hard it is to get a price match if something really is less.

Agreed. I went to CC and asked about it...they gave me excuses like the target has to be within 30 miles of their location, the 10% difference is on the price difference between the two stores (which is $3)....blah blah blah.....i hope Target will restock DS soon

[quote name='PapiChullo']I just PM'd at CC, and they did it with no questions asked. I would have gotten the game, but they didn't have any left. I'm going to try another one to see if they have it, but for now I'm happy. Thanks OP and the people that posted the screenshots and catalog scan.[/QUOTE]

Well, I went to the other CC and they actually had the game, so I was thinking I was going to be able to get it. I get to customer service, and the guy is processing it through, and then all of a sudden he has a problem. Well turns out that I had to either get the PM or free game because they were actually selling the system for $110 and the game for $20, equaling the $130 for the system. So I went with the PM, and headed off to KB. There I picked up Mario Kart DS and Mario 64 DS for a total of $36.74 and I'd already gotten Polarium from TRU. So all in all I got my blue DS and 3 games for $149.07, not bad.

[rant]
I'm happy I got the system for $99.99 and all, but I think it's kinda shady the way they are handling the free game. Because when I went to the first CC and they didn't have the game, the lady said I couldn't replace it with anything or substitute it. Which really doesn't make sense if you're really buying the game anyway, but buying the system at a discounted price. But what I think is shady is that if I weren't getting it PM'd, I would be willing to bet money that I would have still been charged $129.99 for the DS by itself because they didn't have the free game. Can anyone who works at CC confirm or deny this?
[/rant]

Anyway, I'm glad I got in on this and thanks to everyone who helped out.

Is it me or does the catalog now say $129.99 for DS on Page 56? I clicked on the kid w/ the blue DS and it says Our Price: $129.99

I had no trouble getting this price honored at Target last Friday... my brother however, did have trouble last night, at a Target in a different part of the state. So, he called the 1 800 number from the joystiq article in the original post. They then told him that they would call the store and tell them to honor the price. He went back, and they said they had received the call and would now honor the price until Dec 5th.

SO.... CALL THE NUMBER AND THEY WILL MAKE YOUR TARGET HONOR THIS PRICE FOR YOU!!!

[quote name='mkg12']Page 11 of this thread has a scan of the actual catalog[/QUOTE]

Hmmm...thats good. I think though a screenshot of the online $100 price might help my case more. Still, I appreciate the reply.

[quote name='Machikunas']I had no trouble getting this price honored at Target last Friday... my brother however, did have trouble last night, at a Target in a different part of the state. So, he called the 1 800 number from the joystiq article in the original post. They then told him that they would call the store and tell them to honor the price. He went back, and they said they had received the call and would now honor the price until Dec 5th.

SO.... CALL THE NUMBER AND THEY WILL MAKE YOUR TARGET HONOR THIS PRICE FOR YOU!!![/QUOTE]

Some of us don't have the time to go backa nd forth trying to get a dumbass Target to the price right.

So...

IT MIGHT NOT MATTER IF THE fuckING TARGET DOESN'T LISTEN ANYWAYS!!!!!!

The target in San Ramon, California did the PM no questions asked. The guy i got said someone had came in earlier about the Winter Catalog, I didn't even have to show him the copy i had brought with me :). I signed up for the target card thinking they would do the 10% off this purchase, cause that is what the guy made it sound like, but the lady the checked the card form crap said they mail you a 10% off thing if you get authorized...:whistle2:? O, well....I got a DS now!!!($108.24 after tax)Time to get mario kart!

[quote name='mkg12']The target in San Ramon, California did the PM no questions asked. The guy i got said someone had came in earlier about the Winter Catalog, I didn't even have to show him the copy i had brought with me :). I signed up for the target card thinking they would do the 10% off this purchase, cause that is what the guy made it sound like, but the lady the checked the card form crap said they mail you a 10% off thing if you get authorized...:whistle2:? O, well....I got a DS now!!!($108.24 after tax)Time to get mario kart![/QUOTE]

That's not how it works. If you get approved, you get approved right then and there. And you get the 10% off. You got hosed man.

WTF that BIIIIIIIZZZCH!!!!!!!!! So should i go back and ask about it? cause i was like....so what about this purchase and the 10 percent? and she was like authorized blah blah i am fulll shit! damn! it! THAT WAS THE ONLY REASON I SIGNED UP!!!

*edit*
maybe i shouldn't jump to conclusions so fast. She was nice and all. I asked if it was like a coupon, and said ya. Do you think it might be different in some stores? I am going to go back and ask, no questions about that. What people should i talk to about it?

bread's done
Back