1000 Firemen volunteer to help NO...are being used to hand out fliers

:wall:

Seriously. Can we get new people in charge of FEMA and Homeland Security NOW? The ones in charge now are incompetent.

[quote name='E-Z-B']:wall:

Seriously. Can we get new people in charge of FEMA and Homeland Security NOW? The ones in charge now are incompetent.[/QUOTE]
No, we can't because the one who appoints them is also incompetent.

Hasn't Bush already stated he will not fire Brown?

Why is it that the clearly inept (Brown currently, Rumsfeld after Abu Ghraib, Porter Goss, John Bolton, etc.) keep their jobs, yet others (The director of the Bureau of Justice Statistics among several others) lose their jobs or are demoted for promoting scientific research, or an agenda that contrasts from the administration? It's so fucking blatant, I just want to bitchslap any Bush voter (because it's so frustratingly obvious to myself that I don't know what else Bush can do, short of eating a raw fetus on television, that might lead people to realize everything that's wrong with him and his).

He already said that Brown was doing a great job in a terrible situation then he flew back to DC I guess the stench of death was too much for that fragile man

It's even worse....some were used as human props for Bush's visit. Look at the last paragraf of the cited Salt Lake Tribune article:

http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_3004197

"But as specific orders began arriving to the firefighters in Atlanta, a team of 50 Monday morning quickly was ushered onto a flight headed for Louisiana. The crew's first assignment: to stand beside President Bush as he tours devastated areas."

Sooooo....Bush could send these guys to save lives, or to make himself look more "presidential." Should I be surprised which route he took?

[quote name='usickenme']Brown will get the Presidential Medal of Honor[/QUOTE]

There's no such medal. You may mean the "Medal of Honor" that some people call the "Congressional Medal of Honor", or you may mean the "Presidential Medal of Freedom" the highest honor a civilian can receive.

Well, to be fair, with a screw-up this bad, Bush is probably going to have to invent a few new medals to give away. Tenet was only responsible for 2000 American deaths (Iraqis don't count.) The Red Cross is currently estimating in the range of 25,000 in New Orleans. Surely Brown deserves a bigger medal for killing so many more people, right?

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No attack ever fed a hungry child.

Words to live by![/QUOTE]
If you mean no attack in Iraq ever fed a hungry child in New Orleans, I'd have to agree.

[quote name='PittsburghAfterDark']No attack ever fed a hungry child.

Words to live by![/QUOTE]

This is the new Rovian tactic that's been handed out to Repubs in an attempt to avoid their share of responsibility for the New Orleans horror.

Get used to hearing the phrase "blame game," as well.

Because, you know, the current Republican government doesn't believe in demanding accountability for one's actions or inactions. Or removing people who have proven criminally negligent and replacing them as soon as possible with people who could get the job done.

[quote name='dennis_t']Because, you know, the current Republican government doesn't believe in demanding accountability for one's actions or inactions.[/QUOTE]

Of course they do. Just not for themselves. They're already screwing bloody murder by any failings, real or imagined, they can dredge up about Democrats in this disaster.

bread's done
Back