1000 Heroz CAG Smackdown - Cutoff is 2 PM EST Daily - 1st app update coming soon

Yes, until I found the trick - don't go down at the start, go up! Yes, slam into the big ball and jump as soon as you hit it. I go slightly down the little hill toward the ball and jump, then jump when you hit it and you'll pop up to the top! I only got the chance to try it twice once I figured out how to do it, but it got me into the 19s. That was pretty satisfying to find. Just run off the edge and you'll drop right into the under ramp. If I can do the rest clean it should be a good time.

My experience is that if slightly delay your jump off of a bubble or catapult you will get a little boost. Very helpful at the beginning and end of this course.

Yeah, I think I see that. It's like a double jump. The high road worked pretty well for me, though I didn't always make it up there. 18.939. But I don't think I can do any better. One thing's for sure - I didn't end up taking it casual! Addict.

Day 9 Results:
photojun1625408pm.jpg

I joined Tenchim86 for the stage wins lead, with 3 wins.

Day 10 "Ropopo":
photojun1625426pm.jpg

Ok, now this is pretty cool, though I don't get the credit. Johannvonstranovic at toucharcade found this, I only reproduced it as seen below. In yesterday's stage there is a secret! If you hit the bouncing ball and do that funky kind of like double jump thing, but go LEFT, you'll end up on top of the hill to the left, and over there in the sky is this mysterious message:

photojun1625351pm.jpg

photojun1625330pm.jpg

Secrets are all over Trials HD, so it's no wonder that there's some here too! Something to look for in the stages. There may not be a secret in every stage, but I'll be shocked if there aren't others, probably lots of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far I haven't even been able to get gold on day 10. Ouch. It's a simple course, but I can't find the rhythm. FYI, I think I'm going to stop posting the daily results screenshots and such. Doing that every day is a bit of a pain, and next Wednesday I'll be going on vacation for a bit and probably couldn't do it anyway. Plus, I'm not sure anyone thought it was of value.

Got my first gold on today's course. Found a nice line, and kept at it. Interesting how, once you get a gold on a course, when you retry it there are more coins to collect. It's like the game is encouraging you to do even better.
crhuchewy: I've enjoyed seeing the screenshot on the forum; seems like a good jumping-off point for conversations. But as I don't check this too often, I am not part of those conversations.

Yeah, but nobody else posted them and it was getting to feel like a chore. Oh well.

Tenchim86 won again yesterday. Somebody needs to catch him!

Tenchim86 is continuing to dominate. Today's course is simple enough and at least for a while there I was dominating the CAG board. Ok, so I was the only one with a time. :) Still, not a bad start.

Am I the only one who finds it tough to beat their very first complete race time? I don't even watch the flyover, but it usually takes me a half-dozen times to post a better score. Beginner's luck, I guess.

Not myself. I do an initial run and then the pretty much every future run is better then that, at the least. Probably because I don't study the preview closely.

Tenchim86 - you're not really going to let me win Pog's stage, are you? :)

@violentlee: I'm with crunc on this. It may try a few tries to beat my initial time, but I can usually shave a few tens of a second away if I keep playing.

@crunc: Haha. Nice job. I was at work all day so I couldn't play. Again, nice job on taking #1 on that stage. How many times have I gotten #1? :lol:

Damn you Prim4444 (and Tenchim86)! :) I thought I had a pretty good time there.

I have to say that no longer trying to post results screenshots every day, etc, etc, has allowed me to enjoy this game so much more again. Also, taking some courses easy. I'm loving it again. But I wish I was in the lead on Flea. Maybe at lunch....

The first update to 1000 Heroz will be submitted today (available after review, of course):

Latest news on 1000 Heroz, we are submitting the first update to Apple today. Among the usual improvements, tweaks, and some security concerns, we are adding Game Center achievements (yay!) and some new track elements.

Multiple Friend League support is definitely on the list for a future update.

As posted here by the dev: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=1804524&postcount=248

[quote name='willc23']Day 25 is a grind. Hardest course to gold medal so far. To me, at least.[/QUOTE]

Hardest course ever. I literally hate this one. It took for ever just to get gold and then I had to get the best time.

I'd give tips but it's more fun wasting an hour of your life failing on this course. I'll try to give tips before I head out for the weekend (if I remember).

I give up on trying to get #1. When I start this course, I run straight until I get to the bridge. This should allow you to bounce off the first spring and just catch the end of the second spring. The third spring should send you clean over the rock pile. I jump as I touch the bridge to maintain momentum and jump again over the 2 small hills and land on the down slope. You may need a tiny jump off the fourth spring so you get over the small hump.

Near the steam vent, I hold back so I'm in the middle of the steam vent and rock pile. Hold forward again and jump as the steam pushes you forward. If you're lucky, you'll get sent over the hill and then down the slope. If you're too close to the vent, You'll be launched into the button of the floating hill. If you're too far, you'll hit the rocks. The end.

Have a great July 4th weekend!

Those hints are kind of annoying. It obscures when I have my Hero jump on the monster truck and ride it off the cliff. :(
Nice to get GameCenter achievements, though.

I've been distracted with other games of late, but finally jumped back in last night. I'm not quite managing to a get a great time, perhaps due to being out of practice. Especially seeing how Ascension's online is currently a wreck, I'll try to fit some more runs in today.

[quote name='ViolentLee']Those hints are kind of annoying. It obscures when I have my Hero jump on the monster truck and ride it off the cliff. :(
Nice to get GameCenter achievements, though.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I tried to go for a ride and was similarly annoyed. They could have picked a better spot for it. Oh well.

I haven't been trying as hard lately. I try to play every day, but once I get gold I only do a few more runs and then quit. Before I would compare my times to CAGs and try to best them (damn you Prim444, lol).

I wish they would show the ghost of the top 10 runs after that day is over. Would be cool to see how you got left in the dust (by Prim).

Btw I'm Cantisama. Friendly hi to my competition :)

I usually don't press the issue much when I get gold, either. Though I do check my score and try to get at least around 650.

I've enjoyed the race for 5th overall in the CAG league with Slainet, who's currently ~800 points ahead of me.

Any day now it's looking like Prim will nab 2nd from me. Well deserved too- he has some sick times. I've been playing for golds since crunchewy first posted about the app.

I haven't been playing much for a while. I got way burnt out on it, trying to compete every day. I still enjoy it on occasion, but the icon badging that you can't remove got me to delete it from my iPhone. It was pretty annoying seeing the count get into the teens! For the occasional player, that badging is obnoxious. The devs says they are going to make the icon badging optional in the next update, though. I'll reinstall on my iPhone when that hits. I did leave the game on my iPad, so I can still play it - I don't mind the badging there as much for some reason.

I think they did a better job with this type of competition in their game MotoHeroz for WiiWare. Having multiple courses to compete on each day, and having different race types (there's try as many times as you want ones, but also one-shot courses where you can practice as much as you want, but only get one shot at the leaderboard), really helps keep it fun. But also perhaps because I haven't been trying to compete in that every day. That helps too.

bread's done
Back