1080p Converter

pdiscool

CAGiversary!
Hey i have a westinghouse 37inch 1080p from few years back. Its a great set incredible picture, but everyone that i have talked to as well as my own set says it doesnt convert a 1080 i signal well. Most peeps get a seperate converter box to convert the signal to 1080p so the set doesnt have to. Anyone know of any good but inexpensive ones? Thanks

Your best bet would be a audio-video receiver that does upscaling to 1080p from any source. There's a number of them out there, with a wide range of prices.

Besides that option, I can't think of one off-hand. AVSForum.com might be a better place to look.

We have a 42 inch 1080p Westy in our basement. If your video source does 720p try that, you should see a difference when sitting 6 feet or closer vs. the 1080i (read: Gaming). When handling 1080i the picture is slightly muddled up-close. Shrike is right, a 1080p upconverting receiver is your best bet for best image quality from a 1080i source but I wouldn't drop the dime for one unless you are really unhappy with the video quality. If your video source is an upconverting 1080i DVD buying a new 1080p upconverting one is a cheaper option. If it is your cable box just hold off for a little because you might find 1080p upconverting models popping up in about 6 months to a year.

bread's done
Back