11/4/18 - 11/17/18 Buy $150 Best Buy egiftcard, receive FREE $15 future savings code

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Best Buy is running this promotion again, just in time for Black Friday.

Details:

$15 SAVINGS CODE OFFER

• Valid 11/4/18-11/17/18 online only.
  • $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 12/16/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 12/16/18-12/29/18.
  • Maximum of 3 $150 e-gift card purchases during promotion time period per customer and savings codes will be sent via e-mail in $15 increments.
  • Valid e-mail address required to receive savings code.
  • Savings code may be redeemed online and in store.
  • The value of the savings code will not be refunded if merchandise is returned or an order is cancelled.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/electronics/gift-cards/cat09000.c?id=cat09000#/

Last edited by a moderator:
Messed up
I spent $150 by now
Shoulda bought Gift card and spent the $150 that way
No way u can return and repurchase all that I’m sure
Not worth it either I think
Oh well

This is just a reminder that if you did this promotion you should be getting an email with your $15 egiftcard savings code tomorrow, 12/16.

Just got 1. Should i be worried if I was expecting 3?

Edit: nm. Just got the 2nd. They are coming in staggered.

Edit: Got all 3 now.

Used mine on a Switch game preorder. I hope they don't cancel it once they decide on a release date, as I'm assuming I'd lose the codes since they can only be used during a short time window.

Last edited:
Used mine on a Switch game preorder. I hope they don't cancel it once they decide on a release date, as I'm assuming I'd lose the codes since they can only be used during a short time window.
yep you'll lose them if they do that's why I only use these in store and on stuff they have now :D

I'm pretty sure you get new ones if that happens. I think I'll use mine in Mario Odyssey :)

I preorder a lot from Best Buy and I've only ever had one preorder canceled (Owlboy CE), so you are likely safe. If they do cancel for some reason you may be able to get the $15 back as another gift card since it is technically a gift card code. Just check with Best Buy customer service if it comes to that. For what its worth I've used these limited time use gift card codes on preorders before and they have always been fine.

yep you'll lose them if they do that's why I only use these in store and on stuff they have now :D
Maybe I should have used them on 3DS games that are coming in January or February to be safe, but I guess it's too late now since I went with Fire Emblem Three Houses.

I'm pretty sure you get new ones if that happens. I think I'll use mine in Mario Odyssey :)
Hope so. Awesome, great game.

I preorder a lot from Best Buy and I've only ever had one preorder canceled (Owlboy CE), so you are likely safe. If they do cancel for some reason you may be able to get the $15 back as another gift card since it is technically a gift card code. Just check with Best Buy customer service if it comes to that. For what its worth I've used these limited time use gift card codes on preorders before and they have always been fine.
I've just had one preorder canceled as well (Octopath Traveler, then they relisted it months later). I'm hoping the same doesn't happen with Fire Emblem Three Houses, but I already preordred, so too late anyway. Hopefully it's a one edition game unlike fates. But like you say, probably not too likely that they'll cancel and hopefully I'll get my three $15 gift cards back if they do.

So the value of the $15 can be only be used from 12/16/18-12/29/18?

Just wanted to confirm since I was about to make a big purchase on a new 4K TV!

I feel really stupid asking this... but does anyone know for sure if the bonus gift card can still be used tomorrow 12/29? I want to get a gaming related item, but I still have more Christmas gifts that I’m getting tomorrow, so since there are no returns I just don’t want to spend them until I know what I have... but I also don’t want to risk losing $60 in gift cards.

I feel really stupid asking this... but does anyone know for sure if the bonus gift card can still be used tomorrow 12/29? I want to get a gaming related item, but I still have more Christmas gifts that I’m getting tomorrow, so since there are no returns I just don’t want to spend them until I know what I have... but I also don’t want to risk losing $60 in gift cards.
if it says until 12/29 should be fine :)

bread's done
Back