11/8-11/14 Bestbuy.com $20 off $100 purchase when paying with Paypal

This should come in handy for MW2.

Buy 2 copies for 120+tax- $20 off and 2*$10GC basically makes it about $90 for 2 copies of MW2.

[quote name='Estebon']This should come in handy for MW2.

Buy 2 copies for 120+tax- $20 off and 2*$10GC basically makes it about $90 for 2 copies of MW2.[/QUOTE]
The FINE PRINT of the paypal offer states that gift cards disqualify the offer.....so NO GO on any of the free gift card offers with video games....be warned...

Excluded transactions from this offer include, but are not limited to the following: PayPal Plug-In transactions (formerly named: Virtual Debit Card), gift certificate payments, gift card purchases, PayPal Debit Card payments, automatic and/or recurring payments that you have scheduled, and PayPal Plus Credit Card/ eBay MasterCard payments not made through your PayPal account. If the payment is refunded or cancelled at any time, you are not eligible for the Offer. If the payment is refunded after you receive the cash back, PayPal will deduct the cash back amount from your account.

[quote name='awesome gamer']The FINE PRINT of the paypal offer states that gift cards disqualify the offer.....so NO GO on any of the free gift card offers with video games....be warned...[/QUOTE]

Here's a hint: do not pursue a career as a lawyer.

What they *mean* is that you cannot use it to buy gift cards. That is, you cannot expect to get a $100 gift card for $80. That deal involves you paying full price for something, and BB *giving* you gift cards... completely different business practices.

I reiterate: do *not* become a lawyer... you will lose people money and look like an idiot constantly.

[quote name='ssssss']Wow, I had no idea bestbuy.com even accepted PayPal.[/QUOTE]

Promotions like this are specifically designed to inform people of these kinds of services... or, this is a very recent partnering, and (again) they are merely using this as a means of informing people of the BB/PP alliance.

[quote name='zenintrude']Here's a hint: do not pursue a career as a lawyer.

What they *mean* is that you cannot use it to buy gift cards. That is, you cannot expect to get a $100 gift card for $80. That deal involves you paying full price for something, and BB *giving* you gift cards... completely different business practices.

I reiterate: do *not* become a lawyer... you will lose people money and look like an idiot constantly.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that BB rings up the GC and discounts the game price...they don't *give* you sh!t. You just have to make sure that your purchase total - GC deals > $100.

And you don't get $20 off a $100 purchase, you get $20 deposited back to your paypal account 2-3 weeks after the end of the promotion which is mid-November according to the fine print.

Guys please remember we are dealing with BB here. The Gift Card for MW2 is for IN STORE PURCHASE ONLY.So since this is a .com order, you will not be able to "double dip".You either get the $10GC in stores with each MW2 order OR get $20 deposited back to your PAYPAL account in 2-3 weeks if you do a $100 or more purchase at Bestbuy.com

There is also a BING Cashback of 5% if I am not mistaken for BB.Com orders.I dont want to go into more details on this since I strongly think its very YMMV for both to work at the same time.

[quote name='180husher']I'm pretty sure that BB rings up the GC and discounts the game price...they don't *give* you sh!t. You just have to make sure that your purchase total - GC deals > $100.

And you don't get $20 off a $100 purchase, you get $20 deposited back to your paypal account 2-3 weeks after the end of the promotion which is mid-November according to the fine print.[/QUOTE]

This is correct. No company just "gives you a gift card" because then people just return the game and keep the gift card.

[quote name='180husher']I'm pretty sure that BB rings up the GC and discounts the game price...they don't *give* you sh!t. You just have to make sure that your purchase total - GC deals > $100.

And you don't get $20 off a $100 purchase, you get $20 deposited back to your paypal account 2-3 weeks after the end of the promotion which is mid-November according to the fine print.[/QUOTE]

You have to use PAYPAL as mode of payment and it can only be done online so there is no price adjustment/ ring ups whatsoever.You don't go to the cashier and tell her you want to pay using paypal.:D

[quote name='zenintrude']Here's a hint: do not pursue a career as a lawyer.

I reiterate: do *not* become a lawyer... you will lose people money and look like an idiot constantly.[/QUOTE]

Placing the gift card in your cart, even though it is FREE, still kills the deal according to the conditions. You are "buying" a gift card. Sorry, but I'm right.

281x211m.jpg
Vs.
chiles8.jpg

[quote name='zenintrude']I reiterate: do *not* become a lawyer... you will lose people money and look like an idiot constantly.[/QUOTE]

Sound advice for ANYBODY thinking about becoming a lawyer. Applies equally well to becoming a member of Congress.

I found my own answer..................

"The cash back will be deposited into your PayPal account within 2-3 weeks after the end of the promotion."

That kind of sucks I was hoping it would come off this purchase..

bread's done
Back