$11.99 Playstation 2 & Gameboy Advance Games at CVS Pharmacy

emperorx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I saw this deal in the CVS ad today. Here is the link to the ad:

http://cvs.shoplocal.com/cvs/defaul...ge&storeid=2367178&rapid=241863&pagenumber=37

The $11.99 price only applies with the CVS card which I assume is one of those free discount cards. I stopped by two CVSes, and they did not have anything spectacular. I saw the following:

-Intellivision Lives PS2
-Crazy Taxi PS2
-World Championship Poker PS2
-Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness GBA
-Popeye Rush for Spinach GBA
-Monster Bash Fishing GBA

They are the biggest pharmacy retailer in the nation. If there is a chain in your region and it isn't named CVS - chances are they own it (Eckerds, osco, Revco, sav-on, etc.

What I didn't know was that they had video games.

[quote name='CaoPi']CVS Pharm? never heard of it....[/quote]

[quote name='TexTuna']They are the biggest pharmacy retailer in the nation. If there is a chain in your region and it isn't named CVS - chances are they own it (Eckerds, osco, Revco, sav-on, etc.

What I didn't know was that they had video games.[/QUOTE]

Is CVS a bigger chain than Walgreens? I know none of the Osco stores in Chicagolnad are owned by them.

[quote name='SeraphiMichael']Is CVS a bigger chain than Walgreens? I know none of the Osco stores in Chicagolnad are owned by them.[/QUOTE]
CVS is #2 in revenue but #1 in stores now that they bought the Albertson's drugstore division in January. They do own the Osco's in Chicago (and everywhere else), they're just still going through the acquisition process.

i used to work at a CVS ('97-00) and they carry games from time to time. don't expect anything good and don't expect to see a decent selection. not to be a dick, but really, just because this CAG is known for getting games on the cheap, doesn't mean you have to jump at every deal thrown at you. a lot of the shit you people get is atrocious and not worth the trip out to the store, even if it's only to take a look. your best bet is to buy $12 in candy instead.

although, back when i worked there some of the games they sent were semi-decent at the time (NFL Blitz, Wild 9, Crash Bandicoot). then there were your really budget stuff like the generic racing/puzzle games.

seriously, buy candy. you can never go wrong with candy.

[quote name='ZR0 Limit']
seriously, buy candy. you can never go wrong with candy.[/quote]:lol: Best post I've read in a few days :applause: Well done

I was at a CVS today picking up a prescription...didn't see any video games but I didn't really look at the toy aisle too closely...I browsed the snack food and candy mostly. Mmmm...pizza flavored Combos.

I stopped by two more CVSes today. I saw nothing except Yu Yu Hakusho for GBA, an NSYNC Game Boy Color game, and two GBA games that had been slit open and probably had the carts missing.

[quote name='Damian']CVS is #2 in revenue but #1 in stores now that they bought the Albertson's drugstore division in January. They do own the Osco's in Chicago (and everywhere else), they're just still going through the acquisition process.[/quote]

CVS will be 2nd to Wal Mart pending deal gets finalized. Everything will be confirmed in Late May/Early June. It's not 100% but damn near. Meetings w/higher ups from both parties started meeting this week to discuss the changes, primarily benefits and lack thereof .

[quote name='Rictor']I was at a CVS today picking up a prescription...didn't see any video games but I didn't really look at the toy aisle too closely...I browsed the snack food and candy mostly. Mmmm...pizza flavored Combos.[/quote]

oh no,not Rictor again...

bread's done
Back