12+1 Cards permantly $30?

ChrisHookz

CAGiversary!
I was with a friend who bought some 13 month live cards from Sears in the ATL, and I asked the guy how much longer are they going to be on sale for $29.99 and he said "well there not really on sale, this is the price they will be from now on." So maybe i missed something from microsoft about a price drop but i'm very happy. Didn't argue with the guy or look into it more cause he seemed to know what he was talking about.

I think that it's a "quiet" price reduction. Think about it, if there is a press release on the reduction then people wont be as excited to go out and buy one when they see $30 in a sale ad. If they think it's a sale then they are more apt to run right out and grab one as soon as possible. I think it will officially be announced in may or june as those are the dead months on live being the start of summer. Notice how they have been on sale since after xmas every week? im sure MS is controlling that as well

i think at this point they want as many people as possible on XBL. thats why its cheaper. maybe it'll even go down more.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Huh, june a dead month a live? I thought it was busier because the kids are getting off school.[/QUOTE]

And now their parents want them to go outside and visit relatives and whatnot... it's easier to sneak in some gaming while you're supposed to be doing your homework. :lol:

In any case, a permaent drop to $30 would make me very happy.... then I can afford to keep it up and my Bf will quit hounding be about playing Halo with him...

Add Costco to the list of retailers (B&M and online) having a "sale" on the 13 month Live cards. I'm glad I haven't bit on these deals (I'm good through Sept 09). Hopefully, I can get a better deal if there is a universal price drop.

bread's done
Back