12+1 month Xbox Live Gold card - $29.99 @ Costco B&M

[quote name='DirkBelig']$10 off regular price. Tax charged on $39.99. Deal ends 3/13.[/quote]

So the regular price is $39.99 and it takes 10 off that? Just checking it wasn't a typo

First off, thanks for the deal post OP. I think I'll pick one up for my little bro's birthday.

Now, this $29.99 sale has been at what..Sears, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us, Buy.com, Amazon, and a couple other places now right? Does anyone NOT think this is a prelude to a permanent price cut on the XBL subscription?

[quote name='BarbblerElf']So the regular price is $39.99 and it takes 10 off that? Just checking it wasn't a typo[/quote]Correct. Just warning that you'll be paying an extra 60 cents (or whatever; MI has 6% sales tax) than if it was a straight $30+tax. For MI residents, it'll be $32.39, not $31.79 OTD.

Just came back from Costco and saw the Xbox Live cards, but no sign like they usually have for these kinds of sales indicating a discount. Is this advertised or does it not start until tomorrow?

[quote name='bojay1997']Just came back from Costco and saw the Xbox Live cards, but no sign like they usually have for these kinds of sales indicating a discount. Is this advertised or does it not start until tomorrow?[/quote]

Sometimes Costco won't have signs up but the discount will be applied when you checkout. I had this happen when they had the "$5 off various $15.99 games" sale.

It does seem like there is a pricedrop coming. I'll just wait for the price drop and get a better deal then. Live subscription is good through September 09 so I can wait.

I've been lucky in that my first renewal was with a $40 Live Vision bundle from Amazon and then I got two more a year later with $8 K-mart Live Vision blowout deals and I bridged those with a free month from GTA IV, so I got over three years of XBL for less than $60.

So this is in-store only? I don't have any Costco stores nearby, but I do have a Costco membership oddly enough. Was there a limit on how many you can pick up? Love to know.

[quote name='anch']is this returnable after redemption?[/quote]

the real question is, is your soul redeemable after return?

Just a heads up, but this item IS available online. Keep in mind though you have to pay shipping and tax, but still an option for those who have Costco memberships. I'm considering to order a couple even though I'm suspicious that we will be seeing a universal drop soon enough. It just seems really obvious, but who knows...

yep its 29.99 online but im not a member so it would come out to 41.99 with surcharge and tax and shh no thx damn i wish i had money last week

just got back from Costco, thanks form the heads up OP...fyi: the display box you bring up to the register is only for the 12 month gold membership but they give you the 12 month + 1 month free card!

[quote name='killer9']yep its 29.99 online but im not a member so it would come out to 41.99 with surcharge and tax and shh no thx damn i wish i had money last week[/quote]

get a print out online and PM at BB/walmart... thats what i plan to do...
i missed out on the sears one last week...

Will BB PM against Costco? I wouldn't think they would since not all shoppers are allowed to shop there.

[quote name='jskang']Will BB PM against Costco? I wouldn't think they would since not all shoppers are allowed to shop there.[/quote]

Mine would not price match even though I'm a member. I plan to get one next week, I've been holding off on each sale, as for now it's only worth the discount for the gold sale. I don't yet have games that people play online.

i thought xbl subscriptions didn't get charged tax. am i wrong on this? is it only live points that are tax free? am i crazy? =p

[quote name='jskang']Will BB PM against Costco? I wouldn't think they would since not all shoppers are allowed to shop there.[/quote]

BB this week has the 12 month Live kits with the PGR4 game and chatpad for $50 total - plus 2 free tickets to Watchmen. A much better deal IMO than $30 for 13 months of XBL.

[quote name='spideymike']BB this week has the 12 month Live kits with the PGR4 game and chatpad for $50 total - plus 2 free tickets to Watchmen. A much better deal IMO than $30 for 13 months of XBL.[/quote]

can you give me a link please? i just got a 360 from dell and would like to get the best deal out there... i searched BB and couldnt find it... thanks... :)

Anyone know roughly where in the store these should be? I checked the video games section but couldn't find it.

There is a glass case??? Man not even mine has that, mine was just a card board cut out and I brought it to the cage and got my stuff

Walked into my costco today for some shopping.. they had it listed at 39.99... is this random regionals or what.. Tempe, AZ was where i saw them. anyone local to me can confirm 39.99 vs 29.99?

[quote name='ramenXnoodles']It says above "39.99-10.00 Manufacturer's Rebate = 29.99"[/QUOTE]

ill double check and have them verify the price since i didnt see a 39.99 -10 off... its the only way to be sure...

Quick question for you Costco-ers...

I wanted to get in on this and buy a replacement for my now dead 360.

I am not a member of Costco though so is it possible for me to go in store and be able to purchase these things without being a member (via a guest pass maybe?).

Also, if I buy the 360 with the guest pass, would I be able to enjoy the same generous return policy should the 360 crap out on me sooner rather than later, even though I am not a member and bought it as a 'guest' or whatever?

[quote name='IronsideGrunt']Quick question for you Costco-ers...

I wanted to get in on this and buy a replacement for my now dead 360.

I am not a member of Costco though so is it possible for me to go in store and be able to purchase these things without being a member (via a guest pass maybe?).

Also, if I buy the 360 with the guest pass, would I be able to enjoy the same generous return policy should the 360 crap out on me sooner rather than later, even though I am not a member and bought it as a 'guest' or whatever?[/quote]
Your best bet is to go with someone who has a membership if you want to purchase at Costco without joining (they'll need to buy it for you).

Costco can give you a guest pass to look around the store and see if it's something you'd be into joining, but they do not allow anybody to make a purchase without having a paid membership. Sorry.

Got one of these at CostCo on Saturday. Also noticed that at the CostCo in Orland Park, IL they no longer have PS3 software. Just Wii, 360 and DS. They still sell the hardware though.

[quote name='thx1138']Got one of these at CostCo on Saturday. Also noticed that at the CostCo in Orland Park, IL they no longer have PS3 software. Just Wii, 360 and DS. They still sell the hardware though.[/quote]
WTF. Costco ditching PS3 games?!

Hey guys! if anyone has a spare that they would love to sell for 30 + tax I would appreciate it. Think of it as my birthday present since it is today. PM me and I will send out money asap

Thanks!

[quote name='thx1138']Got one of these at CostCo on Saturday. Also noticed that at the CostCo in Orland Park, IL they no longer have PS3 software. Just Wii, 360 and DS. They still sell the hardware though.[/quote]

Yea I went to 2 costco's this weekend and now that you mention it neither of them had any PS3 games either.

bread's done
Back