12 Days of Deals at Best Buy - Today: Gears 5 $4.99

Well isn't that something?  Bestbuy already restocked on Zelda's Loftwing and Metroid Dread Amiibo.  The gaming gods must really hate me.

12 days of overstock/undersold (and the occasional sports title).

Day 1 was nice.
So far this only applies to Deathloop and my store could barely move 10 copies at that price. Expect that to drop even further if actually they want to clear stores out. Gears 5 isn't even stocked in stores anymore but it was probably the only thing MS wanted to offer for this sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well isn't that something? Bestbuy already restocked on Zelda's Loftwing and Metroid Dread Amiibo. The gaming gods must really hate me.
I am sure you have scored deals others here have missed out on. I think it balances out for a lot of us here. Win some lose some. Kind of like ordering from Gamestop.

I just want a Simpsons port on Steam and current consoles.

I am sure you have scored deals others here have missed out on. I think it balances out for a lot of us here. Win some lose some. Kind of like ordering from Gamestop.
Where did I imply it was a competition with other CAGs? I get one sealed used Xbox One game from Gamestop and I guess it was all downhill from there because of it. Yeah, totally balances out.

Back on topic. I so would like that Simpsons Arcade if only I had the space for it and money for it.
Wish these 1-up machines would take cartridges and you could easily swap out for another game.

Where did I imply it was a competition with other CAGs? I get one sealed used Xbox One game from Gamestop and I guess it was all downhill from there because of it. Yeah, totally balances out.

Back on topic. I so would like that Simpsons Arcade if only I had the space for it and money for it.
Wish these 1-up machines would take cartridges and you could easily swap out for another game.
Where did they imply it was a competition with other CAGs? They are just saying “can’t win ‘em all”.

Well isn't that something? Bestbuy already restocked on Zelda's Loftwing and Metroid Dread Amiibo. The gaming gods must really hate me.
BBY (like any retailer) allocates a certain number for each of these sales. It's not always the case that it's looking to clear out every one they have.

Just Dance away day 11 and bring on a decent day 12.

I figured a sale at a loss is better than no sale at all on an item. I guess Best Buy doesn't see it like that.
BBY definitely doesn't see it that way. I think as more and more games become digital and physical inventories move to warehouses, retailers are fine with keeping some physical inventory on "shelves" to sell to niche customers who seem more willing to pay the physical premium.

BBY definitely doesn't see it that way. I think as more and more games become digital and physical inventories move to warehouses, retailers are fine with keeping some physical inventory on "shelves" to sell to niche customers who seem more willing to pay the physical premium.
I don't know by that logic. Gathering dust in a warehouse, in the hopes of that niche customer is willing to pay for that premium profit.
Sitting on physical inventory, doesn't really make sense to me. When some profit can be made now.

I don't know by that logic. Gathering dust in a warehouse, in the hopes of that niche customer is willing to pay for that premium profit.
Sitting on physical inventory, doesn't really make sense to me. When some profit can be made now.
you also wrote:
I figured a sale at a loss is better than no sale at all on an item. I guess Best Buy doesn't see it like that.

So is it profitable or a loss?

They wouldn't have had the deal at all if not for Nintendo giving them a price break but that deal limits how many they can sell before they have to mark it sold out.

you also wrote:

So is it profitable or a loss?
Like Tyrok said, Best Buy wouldn't put something on sale if they weren't making a little bit of money/profit. Still a loss in profits on that sale item, but I see it as some profit over not sold.

They wouldn't have had the deal at all if not for Nintendo giving them a price break but that deal limits how many they can sell before they have to mark it sold out.
This makes more sense if that's the deal between Nintendo and Best Buy.

Last deal: additional free white Xbox controller with $300 Series S.

Deal of the WEAK. Target and Amazon had Series S for roughly $200 (assuming store credit = cash) and controllers have been $40 most of the last month. That makes this deal $60 more than earlier deals.

No deal, Howie.

Last deal: additional free white Xbox controller with $300 Series S.

Deal of the WEAK. Target and Amazon had Series S for roughly $200 (assuming store credit = cash) and controllers have been $40 most of the last month. That makes this deal $60 more than earlier deals.

No deal, Howie.
Yikes. I miss the days when Microsoft would add digital game vouchers to their consoles. I know they want you to sign up for Game Pass. Could have at least thrown in something like Minecraft.

Also, what are some couch co op games that would make a free second controller worth it? I honestly don't know any 2 player games in this day and age of online gaming.

Yikes. I miss the days when Microsoft would add digital game vouchers to their consoles. I know they want you to sign up for Game Pass. Could have at least thrown in something like Minecraft.

Also, what are some couch co op games that would make a free second controller worth it? I honestly don't know any 2 player games in this day and age of online gaming.
Minecraft would be a good pack-in. They did include Halo Infinite on those bundles limited Series X but at additional cost. I think their plan is to make all profit on Game Pass so they don’t want us thinking there are other ways to play games. Like the printer manufacturers charging little for printers and making all profit on the ink.

Mostly have to go back a generation or more for the best couch co op games. Sonic Racing Transformed, Halo Master Chief Collection, Borderlands, etc. I like Rocket League and that’s free.

They're oldish (360 games), but if you're talking xbox I loved the co-op in Splosion Man and Ms. Splosion Man, and I think they're BC.

Thank you CheapyD and everyone.

Fairly lackluster 12 days.

I was looking forward to a better sale. I think it was a couple years back where it was 10 or 12 days, that was a better sale.

Good luck to the winner of $250.

Anyone else having their purchases delayed? Wondering if my copy of Deathloop will get cancelled eventually.

bread's done
Back