12 mo XBL membership renewal via XBL Dashboard - $39.99

yotis

CAG Veteran
on the xbox 360 dashboard under the spotlight section. gold membership 39.99.. sorry for the picture quality I took it from my phone.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jb0Ogi3']I couldn't find this in my spotlight where is it?[/QUOTE]
it might vary it says 45.99$ for me

[quote name='ftlee']Do they mail you a physical card or, is it just applied to your account?[/QUOTE]

you pay with a credit card and they add the 12 months right away to your account

[quote name='rerun']Check the fine print. It may auto-renew you at the $60 price.[/QUOTE]

you can always turn off auto renew :)

[quote name='GUNNM']Why does MS up the price to 60$ but constantly have deals on their own dashboard?[/QUOTE]

so they can also up the price for their "deals" on their own dashboard.

It's like going through a jungle find an option to turn off the auto-renew on their website.

And even before that, they still trying entice you to renew because of their features.

It's hard to justify a yr payment of 40-60 bucks of online mulitiplayer when psn offers their for free. I know the online service is better on xboxlive. But with all these map pack you have to buy now days, I can't afford them.

Btw, mine shows 40 as well. An

All I'm getting is a $99/yr offer for a Family Gold Membership that comes with the Maw.

This is under the spotlight section for me. I don't have a "family" per se that I could use this with. Is there any sort of trick to get either the $40 or $45 offer to pop up or is it luck of the draw?

[quote name='movie_mike']I'll I'm getting is a $99/yr offer for a Family Gold Membership that comes with the Maw.

This is under the spotlight section for me. I don't have a "family" per se that I could use this with. Is there any sort of trick to get either the $40 or $45 offer to pop up or is it luck of the draw?[/QUOTE]

Probably luck of the draw. Maybe try resetting the console until you get it?

[quote name='Thekrakrabbit']Probably luck of the draw. Maybe try resetting the console until you get it?[/QUOTE]

I've turned it on and off several times with no luck. Maybe I'll keep on doing that to see what happens. Has anyone else had any luck doing this? (Thanks for the advice btw!)

[quote name='movie_mike']I'll I'm getting is a $99/yr offer for a Family Gold Membership that comes with the Maw.

This is under the spotlight section for me. I don't have a "family" per se that I could use this with. Is there any sort of trick to get either the $40 or $45 offer to pop up or is it luck of the draw?[/QUOTE]

This was all that I was seeing since yesterday......I need this 39.99 or whatever.

I've been on for 8 years and it came up as 39.99 .... also I called to turn off auto renew and the girl on the phone said everytime you activate a card or renew auto renew gets turned back on.

[quote name='movie_mike']I wonder if a person could call up Xbox and get the $39.99 price being all I see still is the $99 family plan...[/QUOTE]

Xbox support can be a pain to deal with, but I'm sure they're aware of the deal. I imagine you could get the deal with a bit of fighting with support.:bouncy:

[quote name='GUNNM']Why does MS up the price to 60$ but constantly have deals on their own dashboard?[/QUOTE]

Probably just to draw more attention to Live with numerous sales.

Will be checking this out again, so to reset as thekrakrabbit said do I have to shut my console on and off or just go into different sections and come back to the spotlight?

[quote name='irratebass']Will be checking this out again, so to reset as thekrakrabbit said do I have to shut my console on and off or just go into different sections and come back to the spotlight?[/QUOTE]

Meh, either one should cause them to reload. Or going into a game and coming out of one.

The problem is in convincing the ad's targeting sensors to find you. Change your online behavior, look at new things, play games online, do anything that trigger's a change in your advertisement targeting profile. Big Brother is watching you... because he wants to sell you crap. If he finds out you're only interested in cheap things, he'll likely try to pawn off a bunch of cheap things on you. Good luck, and have fun manipulating spotlight deals. (The same thing applies to manipulating movie reccomendatiosn on netflix, and targeted deals on amazon).

Mine shows up as $95 for two years. Meh. Maybe it's because I'm already on a dashboard deal? (The tiny writing for one of the xbox.com deals a while back said it wouldn't apply to those already on a discounted deal, not sure how that actually works)

I'll keep an eye out for $40 renew, but all I'm getting over here is $45 and I've been a member for only two years, though it feels like I've been getting screwed for at least five.

I can confirm this as well. I let my live cancel out in October and have been waiting for a deal. I first got the $44.99 deal popping up with the free Maw game, then the family pack kept showing up until this deal appeared on Sunday. Was kicking myself that I didn't jump on the Maw deal faster and will probably kick myself when they drop it further, but I bit.

Wow, that's a really bad thread title, OP, since it's not a 12 month card @ $39.99, it's a 12 month renewal via the XBL Dashboard @ $39.99. Fixed the title to be a little less confusing.

I called Xbox support yesterday and asked them if they could renew my membership for the $29.99 she said she couldn't and I told her about the deal on the dashboard, she advised me to wait a couple of days, like maybe after Christmas and they are going to have more deals pop up on the dashboard......she mentioned this 2x's so crossing my fingers and patiently waiting.

Mine said $39.99...maybe it has to do with how many months/years you have stacked? Mine is already paid through mid-2012.

[quote name='irratebass']I called Xbox support yesterday and asked them if they could renew my membership for the $29.99 she said she couldn't and I told her about the deal on the dashboard, she advised me to wait a couple of days, like maybe after Christmas and they are going to have more deals pop up on the dashboard......she mentioned this 2x's so crossing my fingers and patiently waiting.[/QUOTE]

Man you're desperate, calling India and begging for a better price on your video games/ gold subscription.

FYI the old auto renewal scam is back. They completely took off online account management on xbox.com. You know the upgrading from Wii people are going to give CCs.

For those that don't see this on their dashboard, you could try this.

Put in a code for 48 hours/month or whatever and then check again (possibly signing off/on).

I had to do this with a one month card the last time this deal came around in Oct/Nov. when I could not see it on the dashboard.

No guaranty it will work this time, but it worked for several others as well last time.

[quote name='XF Gator']FYI the old auto renewal scam is back. They completely took off online account management on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Has the auto renewal scheme ever gone away for those who have used a credit card? Account management is still there. I just turned off my auto renewal a few minutes ago via their website.

[quote name='XF Gator']FYI the old auto renewal scam is back. They completely took off online account management on xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Has the auto renewal scheme ever gone away for those who have used a credit card? Account management is still there. I just turned off my auto renewal a few minutes ago via their website.

"Upgrade/Manage Account" shows a page allowing me to sign up for more Gold or Family Gold or redeem code.

Before my reduced year kicked in (12/1/10) there was a check box to turn of auto renew. No such box anymore.

EDIT: A caveat.....It was warned in the last thread on this topic to not turn off auto renew until your reduced year kicked in or it would not activate.

All i have gotten for 2 weeks is that 99 dollar family plan thing. I tried using a 48 hour code, resetting, signing out/in and nothing. I think it gives me that offer because I have 3 accounts on my xbox. My main account and 2 guest ones for games that require a gamer tag for multiplayer.

weak

[quote name='PapaSmerf']
EDIT: A caveat.....It was warned in the last thread on this topic to not turn off auto renew until your reduced year kicked in or it would not activate.[/QUOTE]
This!! Don't turn off auto-renew until your new membership has come into effect.
You won't get charged until then, either, so if you accidentally turn it off and lose the deal you're not paying for nothing.

bread's done
Back