12 Mo Xbox LIVE & 1600 MSFT Pts $50 FS @ Costco.com (or just 12mo XBL: $34 in-store)

This is pretty good. Most of the deals for these two items that have been better have also been very YMMV. Namely the $20 12 month live card at Best Buy.

[quote name='bungletrpg']meh deal. You can get it cheaper if you search around.[/QUOTE]
Not by much, really. The best I've seen so far was $15 for the 1600 pts and $25 for the year, discounting the rare $20 from Sears earlier that were always gone when I looked, and people were being rat bastards about price matching. Plus, when you start doing all that B&M searching for better? Time and gas money kinda takes the "Ommph" out of what might be considered a better deal.

Bottom line, if you don't have the time, gas or patience to store crawl looking to save an extra couple of bucks, this is a pretty good deal, IMO. :applause:

[quote name='bungletrpg']meh deal. You can get it cheaper if you search around.[/QUOTE]

Oh yeah, so what's a hot deal on XBL cards? I've yet to see a reliable source of them for under $30, though those are common enough that I would never pay more. And you aren't going to find MS points for much under retail value, even the shady guys on ebay won't save you much on a $20 card.

Or maybe you're one of the fools who thinks 1600 points is $16? That's pathetically common even after all these years.

$35 for 12 months and $17 for 1600 points, $53 total at Amazon. Costco is a better deal if you have sales tax of 5% or less or if you get taxed at Amazon. It's still a good deal, it's not like the extra couple quarters over Amazon's already great price makes it completely horrible.

Decent deal...if you're a costco member. If not, then it's not worth it. Came out to $52.49 if you're not a member. If you need the points/year RIGHT NOW then it's decent. Otherwise, you can usually do better separately elsewhere throughout the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if the deal is online only or B&M as well.

FYI, they usually sell them for $54.99.

Here is the link.

EDIT: Oops, I didn't see this post.

[quote name='dsh3311']In store its 39.99. well at my the costco i work at in van nuys ca[/QUOTE]

now That I would jump on.
I'll check tomorrow.

Xbox 360 should be free online, since you have to buy the wireless adapter $75. I hardwired it, but still can't download some demos, wow they make u pay for an all in one lol. I have PS3, Xbox360 Elite and WII. was surprised to find the Wii had wireless capability, just hooked it up. Now PS3 has netflix capability, with a disk. maybe thats why microsoft will lower LIVE.

and I also ordered magazine with free demo disk for $25. why not just get live and DLoad demos. hope it gets cheaper for what you can get free on other systems.

[quote name='tech2000rw']Xbox 360 should be free online, since you have to buy the wireless adapter $75. I hardwired it, but still can't download some demos, wow they make u pay for an all in one lol. I have PS3, Xbox360 Elite and WII. was surprised to find the Wii had wireless capability, just hooked it up. Now PS3 has netflix capability, with a disk. maybe thats why microsoft will lower LIVE.

and I also ordered magazine with free demo disk for $25. why not just get live and DLoad demos. hope it gets cheaper for what you can get free on other systems.[/QUOTE]

Did you accidentally click the link for this thread and post here instead of your blog? No one cares. Not relevant.

[quote name='tech2000rw']Xbox 360 should be free online, since you have to buy the wireless adapter $75. I hardwired it, but still can't download some demos, wow they make u pay for an all in one lol. I have PS3, Xbox360 Elite and WII. was surprised to find the Wii had wireless capability, just hooked it up. Now PS3 has netflix capability, with a disk. maybe thats why microsoft will lower LIVE.

and I also ordered magazine with free demo disk for $25. why not just get live and DLoad demos. hope it gets cheaper for what you can get free on other systems.[/QUOTE]

I know why you are posting it on here, but it won't happen.
We would love that to happen but M$ doesn't care.

[quote name='tech2000rw']Xbox 360 should be free online, since you have to buy the wireless adapter $75. I hardwired it, but still can't download some demos[/QUOTE]

You're doing it wrong. Besides, you don't HAVE to buy the wireless adapter. Hardwiring (correctly) or bridging a compatible router works perfectly.

I'm just grateful they're not charging internet/cable prices. 1 month of cable or internet > 1 year of live. Heck, 1 year of Live < 1 year of HBO.

this deal is...alright.

considering deals are going on all the time for a 12 month card for $30, and 1600 points are generically $20...you're not saving that much...but to each his own

[quote name='tech2000rw']since you have to buy the wireless adapter $75[/quote]
No.

I hardwired it, but still can't download some demos
You need more practice using the internet.

I need to check with my Costco-employed friend on this one. Good deal - GREAT deal if it's actually $39.99.

[quote name='jcp42877']this deal is...alright.

considering deals are going on all the time for a 12 month card for $30, and 1600 points are generically $20...you're not saving that much...but to each his own[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why people come in here spouting off about how XBL 12 Month is $30 "all the time" - that's BS. I haven't seen it that cheap in months. Yeah, it was $20 with a YMMV pricematch at Best Buy (didn't work for me) or if you got lucky at Sears within the first hours of the deal...but other than outliers like that there's not an "easy" way to get it for $30 as everyone indicates.

$35 at Amazon.com has been the recent best (I personally bought in...didn't need the Microsoft points).

If $30 is so frequent, please post proof...thanks.

And I thought someone knew of a better deal, turns out it was just more "M$" crap. The system wars are over. Let them die.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']I don't understand why people come in here spouting off about how XBL 12 Month is $30 "all the time" - that's BS. I haven't seen it that cheap in months. Yeah, it was $20 with a YMMV pricematch at Best Buy (didn't work for me) or if you got lucky at Sears within the first hours of the deal...but other than outliers like that there's not an "easy" way to get it for $30 as everyone indicates.

$35 at Amazon.com has been the recent best (I personally bought in...didn't need the Microsoft points).

If $30 is so frequent, please post proof...thanks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Those kinds of posts do nothing to help. It's just basically saying, "well this isn't a deal. I got this cheaper, blah, blah, blah." Super annoying.

It'd be different if those posts said something like, "Well I just got it cheaper, such a deal can be found here....."

Please don't waste our time by saying it can be had cheaper if in fact it cannot at the present time. The bottom line is that it IS a good deal and even better at the $39.99 B&M price.

Having said that, still waiting on confirmation of the $39.99 in store price.

Last time I was at Costco in SoCal it was $39.99 for 12 month live, no points included.
Not a bad deal, but nowhere near as good as $35 shipped @ Amazon.
I am going to Costco in about 15 minutes, so I'll check and report back later.

update until 1/21/10 at Costco:
12 Month GOLD on sale $33.99 ($37.40 w/local 8.75% tax)
Does NOT include any MSP! But this is a very good deal for retail.
NOTE: Costco collects tax on the PRE-SALE price.
Calculate full price + tax - discount = final price.

Also 360 COD MW2 for $45.79 + tax ($8 off)

rr73hx.jpg

Apologize for the blurry ass cell-phone shot.

it may be worth the drive to van nuys if the costcos really are throwing in an xbox live points card as well.

i have had an xbox almost a year now and never used xbox live or xbox points, i can buy games with the points? like castlevania sotn?

[quote name='dracula']i have had an xbox almost a year now and never used xbox live or xbox points, i can buy games with the points? like castlevania sotn?[/QUOTE]Yes you can. Sometimes buying the points are better than buying the code for the game itself. (80MS = $1 USD)

bread's done
Back