12 Month LIVE Messenger Gold Pack - $60 @ Amazon

How is this a Gold Box deal? - this is the regular price for this pack. I just bought it at that price (-$10 Discover Card bonus) last week. BTW, the chat pad is awsome - it fits controller tightly and is very easy to get used to.

[quote name='netscorer']How is this a Gold Box deal? - this is the regular price for this pack. I just bought it at that price (-$10 Discover Card bonus) last week. BTW, the chat pad is awsome - it fits controller tightly and is very easy to get used to.[/QUOTE]

I think he meant the name of the actual product itself.

"
Xbox 360 Live 12 Month Messenger Gold Pack"

[quote name='netscorer'] BTW, the chat pad is awsome - it fits controller tightly and is very easy to get used to.[/QUOTE]

I've always wondered what you'd use the chatpad for. Games that I play online (Forza, Soul Calibur IV) don't seem like they'd be ideal for typing.

I got one last year and use it for mostly games where you create a character and have to type...I guess its main use would be if you sent alot of messages to friends or used the new facebook/twitter features.

[quote name='bfauble83']I got one last year and use it for mostly games where you create a character and have to type...I guess its main use would be if you sent alot of messages to friends or used the new facebook/twitter features.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the chatpad is actually pretty nice.

I actually use it quite often as opposed to my mic as I only have the default one that used to come with the Cores. It's pretty handy and feels pretty natural. Of course, using it for Facebook and Twitter are a plus.

I picked it up for ~$45-$50 a little while back when ECA was up and running and I had the deal in my Goldbox. I just figured hey, I get twelve months of XBL Gold and some other shit for a little more cash, why not!

[quote name='hlaalumaster9']You can also use a regular USB keyboard with the 360 if you don't want to spend the money on the chat pad FYI[/QUOTE]

that's what I did.. save myself some moola for games.. :D

bread's done
Back