12-Month XBL sub + 5 XBLA games for $49.99 ($40 w/coupon) (Buy.com)

Blade

CAG Newbie
http://www.buy.com/prod/xbox-360-live-12-month-gold-membership-subscription-card/223400383.html

*Download codes for the XBLA titles will be emailed to each customer at the end of the promotion on 3/22/2012. THe 5 free XBLA titles include: Lode Runner, Aqua, Snoopy Flying Ace, The Maw, and R-Type Dimensions.

The retail MSP for all five games combined is $50, and they're just codes so you can trade/sell the ones you don't need. Pretty nice incentive.

EDIT: You can get $10 off to make it $39.99!

[quote name='apinunw']http://www.buy.com/retail/coupon.asp?prid=89435668&&

$10 off for new account (even though the total is only $49.99)
HTH[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='dark_inchworm']If I didn't already have every one of those games, I'd bite.[/QUOTE]

Yup, same here... and I predict we will see some of these codes pop up on the trading forum VERY soon ;)

[quote name='Gabrius']Yup, same here... and I predict we will see some of these codes pop up on the trading forum VERY soon ;)[/QUOTE]

Hope so, I could go for Lode Runner.

[quote name='tylerh1701']Hope so, I could go for Lode Runner.[/QUOTE]

That and R-type dimensions. Almost makes me want to pull the trigger.

Really tempted to pull the trigger. I've got $20 in credit on their site, so I would only be paying $30 if I bought it. And I own none of those games. If I get it, I'll be good on gold until Feb 2014.
I could buy it for $30 and then sell the Live sub for $30, netting me those 5 games for free...

Not that this is the right forum for it but if anyone buys this and wants to sell Lode Runner and R-type to me for like $10 I'd be a happy camper.

Freaking sweet deal!!! It is too bad I have all but one of those arcade titles. All not perfect games, but they are enjoyable!

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Not that this is the right forum for it but if anyone buys this and wants to sell Lode Runner and R-type to me for like $10 I'd be a happy camper.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: I did order it, so PM me if you want to buy my Lode Runner code for $5 when I get it.

Figures, I just bought and redeemed a 12mo code and I was looking at getting Lode Runner (been playing legend returns lately for some reason). Oh well, I'm sure someone will be looking to sell it on here for cheap.

[quote name='Gabrius']Yup, same here... and I predict we will see some of these codes pop up on the trading forum VERY soon ;)[/QUOTE]

Same issue. Have them all. Alas.

[quote name='JPLS']This deal doesn't work with paypal, or just the 10 dollar off thing doesn't? Either way I'm bust.[/QUOTE]

No problem here redeeming with paypal... did you click on the link above for the $10 off as new customer? It should show up as an item in your shopping cart if you did it correctly. Hope that helps.

Snoopy is freakin awesome. There probably isn't much of a multiplayer community left for that game, but it was so good when it first came out.

[quote name='shivan128']No problem here redeeming with paypal... did you click on the link above for the $10 off as new customer? It should show up as an item in your shopping cart if you did it correctly. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

I think I did it that way, but I'm going to try again just to be sure. It's a sweet deal.

Well heck. For $40 when I'm willing to spend $10 to get the games I want I might as well spend $30 and get a yet another year of live (3 stockpiled still after giving one card away) and some extra games. Aqua is also new to me, the rest I already have.

I bought this before the $10 coupon link was posted, so I called customer service (er, had them call me, like Amazon does) and they added the discount to my order. Easy, no hassle.

thx op and thx apinuvw for that promo code.

grabbed the deal now I'm good on live until August 2014 lol went ahead and got 2 day shipping (ugh hate paying for shipping) since I'm moving in a week.

Thanks for the post OP. Picked one up since the only game on the list I have is the maw which I think I got free (or 400 points during sale). Great deal even without the codes (after using the 10 off coupon anyway).

Difficult to purchase since I've been getting the $1/month promo on the dashboard. I already have Snoopy but I don't think I'll get around to playing the 4 considering I still haven't played a lot of other games I downloaded.

I went in with a new account for the $40 deal. (thanks, OP!).

Do not want: Snoopy, Aqua, The Maw (already have it and love it)
Feel free to PM requests. $5 equivalent seems to be the going rate in this thread. (I'm willing to negotiate)

Dibbed by XT14

ALSO: An alternate deal for those who just don't want the XBLA games is the new messenger pack for the same price:

12-months gold
black chatpad
black headset
400 MSP

I would be interested in a Lode Runner code or a Snoopy code. If anybody is looking to sell them off please PM me. I have sent a couple PM's out as well. thanks in advance

I purchased this as well since the only game I have is The Maw.

I don't need The Maw code and I would be willing to sell it for $4. Buy.com states that all the codes will be emailed on March 22, so won't be available until next week.

Solid find. Just got this for my lady to have as I am all paid up til 2013 (if it comes. End of the world and all that junk).

Thanks for that and the free games will make it worthwhile.

Cheers!

Wrong place for it I imagine, but due to the game relevance I'll throw it out. Anyone want to trade for my Snoopy code when it arrives? Preferably for another live arcade title.

I almost bit. Made an account and every thing...

My thinking goes: I got my last xboxlive code for 35 at amazon, so if buy.com deal is 43, then that is 8 dollars for those 5 games. A great deal, but I really only want r-type and maybe the maw. I dont know if I want them for 8 dollars. So... I.... passed...

I still have about 9 months on my current XBL account.

I don't really have anything to trade atm...but will be willing to pay $5 for a snoopy game if someone wants to PM me for it

bread's done
Back