12 Month Xbox Live Messenger Pack $54.99 @ Costco.com

safire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Link

If anyone has a costco membership, this appears to be an OK deal. With shipping it may not be that much better than Amazon's price, but if anything "goes wrong" with the messenger pad, you should be able to return it to costco for a full refund.

honestly, this isn't really a deal for 2 reasons...

1. the 12+1 month XBL card was just $29.99 with either free or almost free shipping for last few days...

2. i've never seen a Coscto store sock a single 360 accessory, ever, so after shipping you're paying about what you would pay if you walked into Target and purchased it...

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']
1. the 12+1 month XBL card was just $29.99 with either free or almost free shipping for last few days...[/quote]

It WAS, but not now.

[quote name='VxExLxVxExT']
2. i've never seen a Coscto store stock a single 360 accessory, ever, so after shipping you're paying about what you would pay if you walked into Target and purchased it...[/quote]

You are quite right about Costco B&M hardly ever stock gaming accessories, but Costco.com will still beat the regular, not-on-sale price of Target and BestBuy by $10-13 even after tax and S/H.

[quote name='jooanyenna']It WAS, but not now.

You are quite right about Costco B&M hardly ever stock gaming accessories, but Costco.com will still beat the regular, not-on-sale price of Target and BestBuy by $10-13 even after tax and S/H.[/quote]

Thanks for this.

Just for reference, at Costco the xbox live 12 month card is $39.99, and most accessories (e.g. controllers, memory cards) have about that same 10% discount from msrp.

I will not endorse it (hence my tongue in cheek language), but in reference to my op, if you have a problem with the game or messenger or headset, you should be able to return it to a warehouse for a full refund. What complicates matters is that the live card can obviously be used and valueless at this point. For an xbox live card alone, I can see Costco refusing a return, but in this package, I can see them allowing it (again, no endorsements or promises).

[quote name='MasterSprtn117']Aw I wish I had a Costco card. But I only have a Sam's..[/quote]

You dont have to be a member to buy from costco.com. Anyone can buy from them online.

[quote name='safire']Thanks for this.

Just for reference, at Costco the xbox live 12 month card is $39.99, and most accessories (e.g. controllers, memory cards) have about that same 10% discount from msrp. [/quote]

Just 'cause I'm anal, that's 20% :lol:

This is a sweet deal OP, if I was low on gold time I'd totally nab this. You could probably flip PGR on eBay for 20$

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Just 'cause I'm anal, that's 20% :lol:

This is a sweet deal OP, if I was low on gold time I'd totally nab this. You could probably flip PGR on eBay for 20$[/quote]

You wouldn't know I was doing statistical work before and after writing this, would you?

[quote name='bywaytm']You dont have to be a member to buy from costco.com. Anyone can buy from them online.[/quote]

From the website faq:

Costco members need to enter their membership number during the registration process in the My Account section. Non-members will be charged a 5% surcharge over the member's posted product prices (except for prescription drugs and gift certificates).

I'll let you do the math on this one ;)

bread's done
Back