120GB Hard Drive

Torn

CAG Veteran
So I had a bit of holiday money left over and I figured I would go get a 120GB drive finally to replace my old 20GB unit. Well, EVERYONE is sold out! Its looking like its discontinued as well. The only place its still available is direct from MS. Anyone know whats up?

If you check Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart et al...website, its no listed anymore. Went to GS to ask about it and they were rather surprised that it was listed as discontinued in their system. I'm thinking they are doing a refresh for the 250GB. Maybe that means the 120 will get cheaper. Here's hoping.

[quote name='Torn']Maybe that means the 120 will get cheaper. Here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so. I have had my 20 gb for going on 2 yrs and would like to get a larger hd at a decent price.

i bought a used one on amazon right before xmas. not sure if u want a used one or a new one but check amazon for non-amazon sellers.

[quote name='Torn']If you check Best Buy, GameStop, Wal-Mart et al...website, its no listed anymore. Went to GS to ask about it and they were rather surprised that it was listed as discontinued in their system. I'm thinking they are doing a refresh for the 250GB. Maybe that means the 120 will get cheaper. Here's hoping.[/QUOTE]

Weird. Maybe you are right that this is being done for the 250GB HDDs. Just last I checked they were still "out there", but I haven't checked in a while.

The wife actually bought me a 120GB on Amazon for I believe 80 shipped. Not sure if it was Certified or not but it works like a charm. I say check Amazon for sure. Can get a good deal on there for a 120GB

The used ones are definitely around, but I need a transfer cable and I had heard MS is not giving those out anymore. If anyone knows otherwise, I'm all ears.

MS charges about $15 for the transfer kit. Best part is that after you're done with it, you can sell them on eBay for $35-$40.

[quote name='Torn']The used ones are definitely around, but I need a transfer cable and I had heard MS is not giving those out anymore. If anyone knows otherwise, I'm all ears.[/QUOTE]

The transfer cables are sometimes loaned out for free around here if you ask. Other then that, pretty much no way to get it for free unless you bought an Elite too.

bread's done
Back