120GB PS3, Game/Controller Pack + another game $350 Walmart.com

ShockandAww

CAGiversary!
Feedback
110 (100%)
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Playstation3-Console-Starter-Bundle/8071631

I guess theyre trying to get rid of the older PS3s

You get the console + choice of Controller with greatest hits game (Killzone 2, GOW Collection, Infamous, Little Big Planet, or Resistance 2)

And the thing that makes it interesting I think is the extra game you can get. Some of the choices are Little Big Planet 2, Gran Turismo 5, Crysis 2, or Dead Rising 2.

Also for another $50 you can choose the 250GB bundle which also includes UFC Undisputed 2010.

Tax may kinda kill it I dunno.

[quote name='Jon Bon']prepare to get slammed[/QUOTE]

Not sure what he's talking about, this is a good deal.

You could potentially get 3 games and 1 extra controller with a 250 gb PS3 Slim. I still have my launch 60 gb ps3 with full backwards compatibility so I think I will probably stick with that. Otherwise I would totally bite w/ Gran Turismo 5.

[quote name='Darknuke']Not sure what he's talking about, this is a good deal.[/QUOTE]
I agree. You're getting an extra controller, a game that many were going to buy anyways (Gran Turismo 5, LBP 2, whatever), plus a GH game, all for $50. Granted, if you're one of the people that doesn't put out-of-state online purchases down when they file their taxes at the end of the year, then yeah, the tax makes it a little less appealing, but hey, you're supposed to be paying it anyways ;)

I'd suggest upgrading to the 250 GB for $50 more. Then, you pay retail for the system, and get everything else free. Much better deal, IMO. I may finally get a Ps3!!!!! Right now, I have the 250GB console, DS3/inFamous bundle and LBP 2 selected. Any games anyone would suggest over what I have picked???

[quote name='Mr Dude65']I'd suggest upgrading to the 250 GB for $50 more. Then, you pay retail for the system, and get everything else free. Much better deal, IMO. I may finally get a Ps3!!!!! Right now, I have the 250GB console, DS3/inFamous bundle and LBP 2 selected. Any games anyone would suggest over what I have picked???[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $50 more than MSRP for a 250GB, and Controller/Game Bundle is well worth it with UFC2010 and a choice game.

Nice find OP.

[quote name='thehoweller']Agreed. $50 more than MSRP for a 250GB, and Controller/Game Bundle is well worth it with UFC2010 and a choice game.

Nice find OP.[/QUOTE]

The $50 difference could go towards buying a bigger HDD separate though. Something to consider.

[quote name='thehoweller']Agreed. $50 more than MSRP for a 250GB, and Controller/Game Bundle is well worth it with UFC2010 and a choice game.

Nice find OP.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I thought MSRP for the 250 was $400. Still, awesome deal.

Definitely not a bad deal....

If I were to bite, I'd go for: 250 GB, GOW Collection with Red Controller, and Little Big Planet 2 at the $399 price. I'm interested in the Playstation move pack, so separately I'd spend another $100 for that.....for a total cost of $499

alternatively, I could wait a few weeks and get the new 320 GB pack with Playstation Move for $399 and then buy the other items separately: GOW with red: $59; Little Big Planet 2: $59 for a total cost of $517

So....for roughly $18 more I could get the bigger hard drive.....hmmmmmmm

I know I didn't factor in UFC, but I don't play one-on-one fighting games--so that's irrelevant for me. Extra hard drive space is also kind of irrelevant though--I've not come even close to filling my small 360 drive. Hmmmmmm what to do.

[quote name='BrerDan']Definitely not a bad deal....

If I were to bite, I'd go for: 250 GB, GOW Collection with Red Controller, and Little Big Planet 2 at the $399 price. I'm interested in the Playstation move pack, so separately I'd spend another $100 for that.....for a total cost of $499

alternatively, I could wait a few weeks and get the new 320 GB pack with Playstation Move for $399 and then buy the other items separately: GOW with red: $59; Little Big Planet 2: $59 for a total cost of $517

I know I didn't factor in UFC, but I don't play one-on-one fighting games--so that's irrelevant for me. Extra hard drive space is also kind of irrelevant though--I've not come even close to filling my small 360 drive. Hmmmmmm what to do.[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking!!!!

[quote name='BrerDan']Definitely not a bad deal....

I know I didn't factor in UFC, but I don't play one-on-one fighting games--so that's irrelevant for me. Extra hard drive space is also kind of irrelevant though--I've not come even close to filling my small 360 drive. Hmmmmmm what to do.[/QUOTE]

You're missing an extra controller and UFC2010 with the alternative 320GB package. =P

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='monkeydoodle']You're missing an extra controller and UFC2010 with the alternative 320GB package. =P[/QUOTE]

Just the UFC.

I still like BrerDan's deal. I'm not much on fighting games, so the 70GB and move upgrade for $118 is looking pretty good. Can't spend that much at one time, though!!!!!! I'd have a heart attack! Anyone have some coupons???

Has anyone ordered this from wal-mart yet? When I try to checkout the estimated shipping time is from 8/29/10 to 11/16/10. Not much point getting it if you have to wait 3 months for the thing.

[quote name='raiju']Has anyone ordered this from wal-mart yet? When I try to checkout the estimated shipping time is from 8/29/10 to 11/16/10. Not much point getting it if you have to wait 3 months for the thing.[/QUOTE]
It will probably ship separately; the console and whatever on the 29th, and the game (LittleBigPlanet 2, GT5, whatever) on 11/16.

[quote name='raiju']Has anyone ordered this from wal-mart yet? When I try to checkout the estimated shipping time is from 8/29/10 to 11/16/10. Not much point getting it if you have to wait 3 months for the thing.[/QUOTE]

Some of the games in the free list do not ship until said date. I imagine the items that are available will ship immediately with the game of your choice shipping out separately when it is released.

Good deal regardless for those who dont own a PS3 yet.

If only these kinds of deals would work in-store, then again I don't think I've ever seen the PS3 controller/game bundles in any of my local Walmarts.

If I could I would jump on 250GB w/UFC, Killzone 2/PS3 controller, and Dead Rising 2 or Gran Turismo 5.

bread's done
Back