128MB MP3 Player $6 shipped AR

[quote name='guessed']$3.95 handling.[/QUOTE]

Not to mention the CA sales tax I had to pay. Came out to $57.XX. $17 isn't too bad. I picked it up as a cheap Mothers Day gift.

192 left.

There was probably around 500 when I bought this 2 hours ago. If you're waiting I wouldn't wait much longer.

Are ecost and their rebate realiable?

Also what would you estimate is the number of songs that can find on 128 MB?

[quote name='Steve Dave']Are ecost and their rebate realiable?

Also what would you estimate is the number of songs that can find on 128 MB?[/QUOTE]

Yes they are reliable. If we say the average size of an MP3 is 5MBs than it can probably fit about 25 songs.

[quote name='XboxHardcore.com']Nice. I got one. Since it is 4 in one. Mp3 Player, WMA player, Voice Recorder, and Storage.

Nice. $17 for me too, I'm also in Cali.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on the length of the song and the bitrate at which the song was encoded.

Example: My Chemical Romance - I Brought you my Bullets.... 11 songs total. As MP3s at 192kbps bitrate it is a total of 56.4 MB

That same album at 128kbps WMA is a total size of 37.6 MB

A difference of 18.8 MB ... quite a difference... you could add in about 5 or 6 more songs with that extra space.

[quote name='vherub']i wonder if its better to get the 256 for $29 or the 512 for $49[/QUOTE]
In terms of the space-to-price ratio, clearly not. But if you need more, then, well, you need more. But meg-for-meg, the 128 is the best price.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']How shitty is this? I tihnk I may bite anyway.[/QUOTE]

Hopefully decent quality. I bought a good MP3 player this weekend, but getting an extra one so me and my GF can both have one for walking/jogging for only 9 bucks is too good to pass up.
What MP3 player isn't worth 9 bucks?

Okay, my order is backordered when I was one of the first to order this. Out of the first 500 I ordered 34th! Anyone's order shipped? I really wanted to get this before Sunday for Mother's Day and it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. :(

[quote name='zewone']Okay, my order is backordered when I was one of the first to order this. Out of the first 500 I ordered 34th! Anyone's order shipped? I really wanted to get this before Sunday for Mother's Day and it doesn't look like that is gonna happen. :([/QUOTE]

Same here, it lists as back-ordered... how gay.

[quote name='BigB']I wonder if they're keeping them all on back order until the rebate expires. Would that be illegal?[/QUOTE]

I don't know if its illegal, but I'll be cancelling my order if it gets close to the 10 day mark and I'll never shop at Ecpost again.

Normally I would say no, but considering how many they had to start and a lot of the early orderers are on backorders that theory sounds possible. I'll give them a couple days then I'm calling to cancel.

[quote name='BigB']I wonder if they're keeping them all on back order until the rebate expires. Would that be illegal?[/QUOTE]

I hope they send by Friday... I really wanted this.... mp3/wma player, voice recorder, and thumb drive for only $17 after rebates. (For me)

[quote name='zewone']I sent them an email, asking them what is up. I'll post their reply here if it is worthwhile.[/QUOTE]

i as well emailed, results to be posted, hopefully the purchase date will be considered when the item is in stock, ships and your card is charged.

I ordered on monday, site said they still had over 300. Got next day shipping and got everything else i ordered today except the mp3 player.

Would have been nice if they told you it was backordered when i placed my order.

[quote name='D_s']do you know its backordered after you checkout?[/QUOTE]

I ordered this on Monday. Now its out of stock. When we ordered it wasn't.

[quote name='zewone']I ordered this on Monday. Now its out of stock. When we ordered it wasn't.[/QUOTE]

Same thing with me. It didnt say OOS or backordered when i completed checkout.
Only found out when i unexpectedly got the package today. They didnt even email me telling me it shipped.

I just checked my eCost account online and it says that I have no orders, but yet I still have a message in my inbox that confirms that I did indeed order the MP3 player. I'm logging in with the correct account, but still, my order just seemed to disappear. Did this happen to anyone else?

Why doesnt anybody ever listen to me and checkup on places they buy from?

(click me)
ECOST SUCKS

P.s. From now on, check reseller ratings just to be safe. Its save me MANY headaches and will save you a bunch too. I promise.

I received MP3 player but the headphone connection isn't working properly. I have to constantly apply pressure to the headphone input with my thumb in order to get a solid connection and be able to hear the music clearly. Anyone else recieve a somewhat defective product?

I recieved my mp3 player today, having received no answer from my email. The website did evntually update with tracking information sometime between friday and this morning. But as early as Wednesday it said completed and order shipped.
I would suggest calling for anyone nearing the 10 day mark.

As for the product itself, it looks cheap, in fact the box it came in is nicer and sturdier (magnetized lid!) but the more important part, how it plays is great, it really seems powerful featurewise, is as simple as any usbdrive to install and load songs and plays music fine.
The supplied headphones are a little bizarre and the supplied documentation does not deal with them.
There are two songs preloaded, i deleted them though. And a minicd with drivers and some audio utilities I have not fully explored.
I am happy with the product and hopefully the rebate will go through fine. (Did I mention I really like the box, it's better constructed than a lot of anime boxsets)

Please note that you have to send in the rebate 10 days after PURCHASE!

At least, that's what it said on the forms I had.

bread's done
Back