$129.99 - cheapest I'll find a 360 arcade?

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Target is selling the arcade for $129.99, but local targets don't have it in stock so no $30 gift card, so I was wondering if I should buy it online.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase it now or wait. Are these being "on clearance" or is $149.99 the new price and this is just $20 off?

I really don't need one 'till Gears 2, since I see nothing else I want 'till then(except Alan Wake), but was wondering if this price is good or I should hold out for awhile

I have my 20GB hard drive still since my old 07 model crashed.

The Arcade bundles are being phased out. The regular price is now $149.99 until they are gone forever. The Target sale was huge, but is probably dead now. I imagine Target just wanted to get rid of the damn things.

There might be a slim version of the Arcade bundle, but currently the 250gb slim model is the only Xbox 360 in production.

As an aside, Best Buy has a ton of Arcade bundles that aren't moving. They should probably start a sale on their units.

Depends where you are at....at a store in Omaha they had the arcades for $99.99 out the door.....but this store almost always undercuts other stores in the area. Same store has the Elite bundle for $199.99.

I was thinking that I wanted to get the current Xbox 360 S bundle, but now that the gamestop trade-in promo is effectively dead, I think I'll just wait for the Arcade Xbox 360 and just start using a flash drive for all my XBLA titles, and run my disc-based games from DVD, since doing that is quieter on the S - am I correct on that? How noisy are games from DVD? All my download stuff fits easily on a flash drive. The vast majority of what's on my current HDD are disc game installs, and 90% of those seem not to make loads any faster so the only benefit for me was noise.

I think the price is good. Really, I would buy one now which is what I did. It is doubtful that the 360 Arcades will drop in price. The reason for this is that a few weeks ago there was the original price drop ($150+$50GC or $130+$30GC) and then a few days ago the same deal popped up again I believe at Target. The current repair price for an Xbox360 is $99. So essentially, unless you buy a used console/refurbished console I doubt you'll find an arcade for less than $100. And even then, $100 for a console is pretty damn cheap.

If you can find it, though. None of my local Targets have it anymore and since the Arcade bundle is being phased out, I doubt they will get many more.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']I was wondering if it would be a good idea to purchase it now or wait.

I really don't need one 'till Gears 2, since I see nothing else I want 'till then(except Alan Wake), but was wondering if this price is good or I should hold out for awhile

I have my 20GB hard drive still since my old 07 model crashed.[/QUOTE]

I got lucky and found one on Amazon Warehouse for like $75. The only thing wrong with it was the box the 360 comes in. Other than that, it was new/like new. Hope this helps!

[quote name='Chronotrigga']I think the price is good. Really, I would buy one now which is what I did. It is doubtful that the 360 Arcades will drop in price. The reason for this is that a few weeks ago there was the original price drop ($150+$50GC or $130+$30GC) and then a few days ago the same deal popped up again I believe at Target. The current repair price for an Xbox360 is $99. So essentially, unless you buy a used console/refurbished console I doubt you'll find an arcade for less than $100. And even then, $100 for a console is pretty damn cheap.[/QUOTE]

Are they phasing out support for the Arcade and Elite as well? So if you get any RRODs you are stuck with it?

Yeah. I think the fact a lot of people took the jump on buying the Arcade and the fact that the units have been purchased so immensely in the past few weeks because of the price drop, it's doubtful the price will drop much more.

As for support, I think support is strong if not stronger than ever. Microsoft price-dropped the Arcade down to $150 (or practically $100 with your free gift card). Many people that haven't owned an Xbox360 took this jump and people that didn't want to get the new Xbox360 Slim such as myself got the Arcade. I'm sure system sales for Microsoft have boosted nonetheless. Of course, you still get the RROD warranty with any of the older consoles. If Microsoft decided to cut all support for the Arcade/Elite consoles now, it's not good PR and i'm sure the majority of the public would be outraged. Support will still be strong for now, but in the next couple years, i'm sure Microsoft will try to push out a better more "fit" console since the Microsoft Slim is practically a prototype kind of deal.

Bottom line, if you have an Arcade/Elite, you should be set for awhile. People that have decided not to purchase the new slim such as myself are waiting for either a better version/price drop of the slim to come out before making such a premature move.

[quote name='faceturd']Are they phasing out support for the Arcade and Elite as well? So if you get any RRODs you are stuck with it?[/QUOTE]
The RROD three year warranty for all Xbox 360's (except for Xbox 360 slim) still applies. It's a one-year warranty for everything else. That means if you buy an Arcade bundle today, it's covered for three years against RROD defects.

I am not aware of any upcoming changes to the warranty except in the case of Xbox 360 slim. The warranty for that version is one year.

Good to hear that the 3-year warranty is still there, I've been worried about my current arcade dying and think that the cheaper arcade is probably the way to go then.

[quote name='Chronotrigga']Yeah. I think the fact a lot of people took the jump on buying the Arcade and the fact that the units have been purchased so immensely in the past few weeks because of the price drop, it's doubtful the price will drop much more.

As for support, I think support is strong if not stronger than ever. Microsoft price-dropped the Arcade down to $150 (or practically $100 with your free gift card). Many people that haven't owned an Xbox360 took this jump and people that didn't want to get the new Xbox360 Slim such as myself got the Arcade. I'm sure system sales for Microsoft have boosted nonetheless. Of course, you still get the RROD warranty with any of the older consoles. If Microsoft decided to cut all support for the Arcade/Elite consoles now, it's not good PR and i'm sure the majority of the public would be outraged. Support will still be strong for now, but in the next couple years, i'm sure Microsoft will try to push out a better more "fit" console since the Microsoft Slim is practically a prototype kind of deal.

Bottom line, if you have an Arcade/Elite, you should be set for awhile. People that have decided not to purchase the new slim such as myself are waiting for either a better version/price drop of the slim to come out before making such a premature move.[/QUOTE]

MS is going to release an Arcade XBOX 360 Slim -- it hasn't said when exactly it will release it (this Fall though). For those who don't care about the add-ons, the current Jaspers are no doubt terrific deals.

I bought one, Wednesday.

Target.com said they didn't have any, but when I called and asked she said they did. When I was checking out she mentioned they received some in the morning. Man, I'd been off for almost 3 months...

bread's done
Back