$14.69 Mega Man Legacy Collection 3DS at Amazon.com + Free Shipping With Prime

Tempted. Any reason NOT to pull the trigger?
It will be cheaper. It isnt that old and almost 50% off already.

Too many complainy pants crybabies keep crying about how it should include every megaman game because they dont understand what "legacy" means. And constantly say "but ps2 had a better megaman collection" and just in general act like they are entitled to their version of what a collection is.

Im going to get the ps4 version once its around 10

Digital version is $14.99. This game works well as a "always there, quick access" option.

Of course, there's no resell value that way.
I don't mind digital versions of games, but with 3DS games - and particularly ones my sons would enjoy like this it is preferable to be physical. My oldest has recently discovered the joys of old school Mega Man. We have three 3DS systems for me and my two sons, so a cart is nice so we can use our own systems. Unfortunately Nintendo locks the digital content to a single 3DS.

So what is everyone on the internet supposed to never buy the game or talk about its price?
I know right? Some people on here act like these deals are not posted anywhere else, I had posted about a deal on a Vita game on here once and had people blaming me for the price going up by a few cents throughout the day. If you see a deal and like the price buy the damn game! I know this is Cheap Ass Gamer, but sometimes I am amazed at how cheap some people really are.

This is a solid deal for anyone interested though. These are excellent ports of the classic NES Mega Man games along with the Famicom Rockman counterparts. Will the game get cheaper? Probably, but it may end up going out of print before it gets much cheaper and you can always get the cheaper digital version now.

Own the Mega man Collection for the old Xbox. Don't know how different this collection is from that one but, dang, just like with Mario All-Stars, I find old games to be far harder and more unforgiving than today's games. I'm a long-time gamer and remember trying to beat games from those early days. Don't think I ever beated any one of the Mega man games in the collection but it was fun trying until I just gave up when I couldn't beat a particular level.

how is this game on 3Ds? does it fill the entire screen?
No. It retains the original 4:3 aspect ratio. There aren't any versions anywhere of the original games that have widescreen format. There is an option to add arcade style side bar art so the areas on the sides aren't just black space.

From a technical perspective, the games are somewhat disappointing. There are subtle framerate issues. Usually these are not noticeable (except MM5, which is solved by switching from NA/EU version to "Rockman" JPN version) but if you have a sharp eye you can see it, similar to Bloodborne. Ultimately the games are playable and enjoyable but the frame issue is disappointing. On the positive side, the coloration is good, clean and clear, unlike the VC versions of the games which include an inexplicable dark filter that muddies the colors.

The extra features are nice. There are save states, "encyclopedias" of characters and enemies, art galleries, and music players for each game. There's also a challenge mode which includes stage remixes (very minor, usually just different screens from different stages chained together in new ways), boss rushes, and so on.

While I was disappointed by the frame issue, the overall package and price is good and I'm not unhappy with the purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
I paid $20 for this and as an old school Mega Man fan, I think it's a steal. The challenges are fun when I have a couple minutes (that turns into 30) and now I'm starting Mega Man 4 again since I haven't played that since on NES.

I'd say pull the trigger on $15.

bread's done
Back