$ 14.99 or 2 for $20 hddvd @Hollywood Video

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Hollywood Video is closing out there hd dvd's. You can get what they have left for $14.99 or 2 for $20. The original cases are not included. The clerk told me they got the memo today so this should be every hollywood video.

Thanks OP, I just picked up the 5 Harry Potters and 3 Bourne movies for $60 at my local Hollywood(Norfolk, VA). They just had to ring it up as 2 per coupon.

Snagged Blade Runner and American Gangster, might go back for Eastern Promises and V for Vendetta. I was hoping that they had the Kingdom, the guy said that they still had some rented out though, so check back in a few days.

Man, went to a few HVs in my area, one had Transformers until they opened the box and both discs were gone, so that sucks.....

Got some good movies but really wanted to get that.
Also wanted to find a copy of Across the Universe (dunno if it made it to HD or not, but was hopeful) but was out of luck there......

Picked up a ton of crap between the two stores I did find that had them though.

Potter 5
American Gangster
Blood Diamond
Mummy
Blade Runner
V for Vend...
Disturbia
16 blocks
Terminator 3
Zodiac
Alpha Dog
Knocked up
Star Dust.

[quote name='grrouchie']Also wanted to find a copy of Across the Universe (dunno if it made it to HD or not, but was hopeful) but was out of luck there......[/quote]It's distributed by Sony, so, nope. Hopefully we see some BD deals again...

I picked up a ton

Zodiac
MI 1
MI 2
MI 3
The Invasion
Bourne Identity
Bourne Supremacy (Bought Ultimatum to but it would not work so i returned it)
Constantine
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
The Departed
We Were Soldiers

I really wish i could find another copy of Ultimatum :(

I hope the other stores have The Invasion, Stardust, American Gangsters, and Beowulf. Those are really the main ones I want to buy.

I made a second trip to HV. This time was another store. I was able to pick up:

Stardust
Invasion
V for Vendetta
Swordfish

hey guys just got back from two HV & they told me they can not sell beowulf as part of the sale cause they said they might have to send them back to the studio cause HV only carries bluray now but im not to sure if this will happen but just a heads up for tuesday

They had okay titles... but when i was looking at them i realized, "If these where in SD i wouldnt even buy them if they where half this price"... So i had to pass. Bad movies in HD are still bad movies. Waiting on amazon.

HV sucks badly on HD rentals. I mean they had horrible movies.

I got Smokin Aces, and Oceans 13.

American Gangster was the only HD DVD up for rental. And no Beowulf to be found. Might have to go back on Wednesday or whenever Beowolf gets priced to leave the store.s

I managed to get a copy of Transformers. Will be looking to trade it for something other than what I already own. Looking for Top Gun, Shaun of the Dead, or 2 Fast 2 Furious.

only 1 store in the Wichita area has hd dvds, but still was able to pick up a few. Got Shrek 3, Oceans 13, Next, and Potter 5.

[quote name='poisonedpawn45']Used B1G1 coupon, got Blade Runner 5 disc set and Chuck & Larry for $15. Thanks OP[/quote]Holy shit, thats great for blade runner alone.

Well went to HV and got to use the B1G1 coupon too.
Picked up
H. Potter 1,2,3,4,5
Transformers
Evan Almighty.

Going back tomorrow for American Gangster, Mummy 1 & 2, Happy Feet, and Beowulf.
The clerk said they haven't opened the box with Beowulf in it yet, but to come back right before close Monday night and I could get a copy.

I picked up;

The Mummy Returns HD
The Hitcher HD
Smokin' Aces HD
King of California HD

for $30.00 using the "buy one, get one free" coupon. The clerk did say they had Beowulf in but not sure what they were going to do with it yet. Will check back tomorrow or tuesday.

[quote name='Lice']They had okay titles... but when i was looking at them i realized, "If these where in SD i wouldn't even buy them if they where half this price"... So i had to pass. Bad movies in HD are still bad movies. Waiting on amazon.[/quote]
Agreed that most of the titles aren't very great, but if you get lucky, you get away with some nice movies. Completing my Bourne and Potter sets in HD makes me happy. I (personally) spent $72 on 5 Potters and 3 Bournes, or about $9 a movie. (Most of the Harry Potter I got from Amazon w/ a BOGO, and Ultimatum was a Christmas gift.) For HD, I think that's pretty good.
Debating on the Mission Impossibles that were there... but I just can't keep buying movies.

If anyone knows a Hollywood Video in the Orlando area running this sale, let me know. The only HV around me is on Colonial and they're going out of business. Good sales going on there if you like movies that have been torn to shreds and you don't know about Blockbuster's 4 for 20 sale.

i went there and the chick wouldnt let me use the b1g1 coupon, so I got 6 movies. Does any1 know If I could take them back the next day and rebuy them?

I swung by Firday night...I got American ganster and Blade Runner 5 disc. for $!5.88 out the door!

The others were ok but as its been said if they were regualr DVD releases I would not buy them, so I dont buy them in HD.

I already had all the HP's in HD.

if anyone lives near a store with an extra transformers and is willing to work out a trade or I'll buy you ship type of deal let me know..... NONE of the HV's in my area had it, and the one that did only had the case minus the DVD's ..... arghhh.....

If you are willing i'll give you the list of what I own on HD now and it could be a 2 for 20 deal and I'd pay $30 ....... thanks in advance if there are any takers!

[quote name='grrouchie']if anyone lives near a store with an extra transformers and is willing to work out a trade or I'll buy you ship type of deal let me know..... NONE of the HV's in my area had it, and the one that did only had the case minus the DVD's ..... arghhh.....

If you are willing i'll give you the list of what I own on HD now and it could be a 2 for 20 deal and I'd pay $30 ....... thanks in advance if there are any takers![/quote]

I managed to get a copy of Transformers but it came with the typical HV case not the Red One. PM me a list or tell me what you want to trade it for if interested.

Thanks

Just got back from the ONLY Hollywood Video that's staying open in our area (all the rest are closed or in the process of closing.) No B1G1 coupons, but I did manage to snag the following for 2 for $20:

The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Ultimatum
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Shrek the Third
Transformers

Especially nice since I never got around to picking these up on DVD.

After I picked mine, there wasn't much left-- about 10-15 odd titles. The manager told me she had somebody buy over $200 worth of them yesterday, so someone beat me to a lot of them.

if anyone's HV is combining the 2 for 20 and BOGO I would love for someone to pick me up the 3 bournes and transformers and i will paypal you. also looking for american gangster and bladerunner

Just snagged Superman Returns and 300! =D

[quote name='Silkk_34']Well went to HV and got to use the B1G1 coupon too.
Picked up
H. Potter 1,2,3,4,5
Transformers
Evan Almighty.

Going back tomorrow for American Gangster, Mummy 1 & 2, Happy Feet, and Beowulf.
The clerk said they haven't opened the box with Beowulf in it yet, but to come back right before close Monday night and I could get a copy.[/quote]

B1G1 coupon? Go on...

I picked up Hot Rod and V for Vendetta yesterday. I wish they had American Gangster but they didnt! Hopefully this stays till I Am Legend comes out. Is the B1G1 coupon printable?

I got Meet the Parents, Meet the Fockers, Harry Potter atOotP, Knocked Up, The 40 Year Old Virgin, and Stardust yesterday. Excellent deal.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I picked up Hot Rod and V for Vendetta yesterday. I wish they had American Gangster but they didnt! Hopefully this stays till I Am Legend comes out. Is the B1G1 coupon printable?[/quote]I guess if someone scanned one, but not sure how well that would work. Of course the girl at my store had no idea where I got mine, so YMMV on the whole thing. I don't have anymore myself or I would just scan it up.

I don't think the previous poster knows where the coupon came from so he's asking for a scan.

For those not reading previous replies, HV puts out a small pamphlet of upcoming movies and such. On one of the last pages, there is a small coupon where the BOGO PV titles 14.99 or less is.

All of my HVs that I visited (four so far) has those pamphlets on the shelf by the door. Tons of them. Forgot what is was called though.

The only YMMV seems that you MAY be able to combine this and the 2/$20 to make it 2/$10. Didn't work in my HV's so it was 2/$15 which is still good.

Picked up Transformers, Knocked Up, Bourne Ult, Blade Runner 5 disc (score!), HP5 and Vendetta. Had to trade Bourne for another today due to a cracked hub. I think I was lucky to find one in the area as most locations have been picked over already.

Where's this B1G1 coupon everyone is using? I got shot down on the 2 for 20 deal and I know I could get these discs new or at least in original cases for less than $15...

I don't understand how anyone is getting turned down on these deals. It states right on their signs that ALL dvds 14.99 and under are 2/$20. Half of the hd dvds are combos to begin with but they still count as a dvd and are in the same sale. The computer wouldn't allow it otherwise.

The coupons are in the little preview booklets that are posted throughout the store and usually up front. They're in the middle at the bottom of one of the pages. They are limited to one per customer per day but it'll be YMMV on use of more than one per person.

The cashier I had just didn't like having to ring up 2 at a time and pay each transaction. She didn't have anything better to do I figured. Thanked her numerous times and all worked out fine. Just wish I had the original cases but for 7.50 each and no tax in OR I don't mind the no cases. I don't keep the discs in them anyway but doesn't look that great.

Everything scans and works fine so you shouldn't leave without them AT LEAST doing as many 2/20's as you want and at least 1 BOGOF.

BTW I got all BOGOF. Nearly every one were upgrades to the dvd version I already own and most were combo formats as well.
Bourne Identity
Bourne Supremacy
Eastern Promises
Blade Runner
Shooter
Kingdom
Disturbia
Oceans Thriteen
Departed
Alpha Dog
Smokin Aces

[quote name='Britshady']I don't understand how anyone is getting turned down on these deals. It states right on their signs that ALL dvds 14.99 and under are 2/$20. Half of the hd dvds are combos to begin with but they still count as a dvd and are in the same sale. The computer wouldn't allow it otherwise.
[/QUOTE]

I am one of those people, but I think I found out why some of us are not getting the 2/$20 deal. The last HV I went to was aware of the 2/$20 and they had a little plastic holder which held the barcode for the 2/$20 discount. So if your HV isn't scanning that barcode, you're getting the $14.99 pricing. Apparently, it's not automatically applied at the register....at least at the 4 that I've been to so far.

So if your CSR is not aware or says HD DVDs aren't included, you might be SOL anyways. Just ask them to scan the 2/$20 barcode and it should work fine.

However, as noted above, BOGO and 2/$20 combined are YMMV. At the aforemented HV who knew about the 2/$20 and barcode, wouldn't stack w/BOGO, so I got 2/$15 which was fine since one of those were the Blade Runner 5 disc'er.

went to 2 around me and seems the deal is now 3 for $25 :D the first one I went to had 4 I wanted and the girl there was even nice enough to let me get all 4 for $8.33 each so that was about $35 and change w/tax. the other was pretty empty (most likely due to having a gamecrazy next door :roll:) but got 3 others I didn't have yet for $26.

my manager @ my store hates the fact they are going 2 for $20 or BOGO. i was like its all over the net, what are you going to do. im still waiting on American Gangster to come back, the person didnt return it yet, and it was due today. my shelves are just about bonedry now tho.

That's the number one thing that bugs me about going to ANY store. A manager or worker that acts like the shit is coming out of their pocket!! The lady that let me use like 7 BOGOF coupons could care less and the manager said "I wish you'd by them all so we could have the shelf space.

I seem to always get the cashier at Target or Walmart that when something rings up like a dollar less than they think it should be they take 10 minutes to call someone and confirm it. My wife worked at a Target for quite a while and they're taught to just let stuff go by if the percentage isn't that much.

Yet I get the person who acts like I'm taking their first born kids next meal or something!!! I was SO pleasantly suprised by the Hollywood I went to because the one right down the road from me was almost sold out because some lady went in the second they started selling them and bought like 400 dollars worth at 2/20. So I had to go to another Hollywood I'd never been to and expected to pay 2/20 but when I gave her the coupon she was fine with it.

BOTTOM LINE.... If the computer lets you do it OR it rings up to the customer's advantage, why do you fucking care if I'm get a deal?? Makes me happy and might come back sooner. Where as when I'm put out and have to go through some hassle I usually stay away from the store longer.

Sorry.... End rant.

yea i had customers coming in, and i was like if you want u can use the BOGO deal w/ these. if they did mutiples, i just did different transactions. i mean realistically its just shelf space, and believe if HW cared enough, they would of put in the memo that werent part of the 2 for 20 or BOGO, but they didnt. now i wish we would PV some Blu-Rays. id be all over that. lol

I have only found one HV in the Columbus, Ohio area that has HD DVDs. AND unfortunately, this one didn't get Beowulf.

So if anyone out there comes across an extra copy, could you pick it up for me? I'd be happy to pay for any shipping charges as well. PM me, please!

bread's done
Back