$ 14.99 or 2 for $20 hddvd @Hollywood Video

dmes65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
79 (100%)
Hollywood Video is closing out there hd dvd's. You can get what they have left for $14.99 or 2 for $20. The original cases are not included. The clerk told me they got the memo today so this should be every hollywood video.

I totally lucked out on my lunchbreak. American Gangster and Beowulf were returned just this morning. Apparently, Beowulf was put out for rent on Tuesday by someone who hadn't read the memo to clear out the store's HD-DVD stock.

Two days and two Hollywood Video visits (not including the two I stopped in that didn't even carry HD >.< ), I got:

40 Year Old Virgin
Blood Diamond
Elizabeth: The Golden Age
Fast and the Furious
Knocked Up
American Gangster
Beowulf
Bourne Supremacy
Bourne Ultimatum
Mummy
Mummy Returns
Superman Returns

All were purchased at the 3 for $25 rate. Total $116 after tax for 13 movies. Ultra sweet deal.

I couldn't tell if my store was either extremely picked over or if they never had much of an inventory to start with. Pickings were extremely slim. I picked up Miami Vice and The Reaping.

[quote name='captainfrizo']I couldn't tell if my store was either extremely picked over or if they never had much of an inventory to start with. Pickings were extremely slim. I picked up Miami Vice and The Reaping.[/QUOTE]

It's been going on for a week or so now. Once people got wind of the BOGO coupon, I'm sure there was a big run by CAGs. I picked up about 20 titles at 3 of my HVs.

[quote name='shotime']Has anyone heard anything about the Blockbuster stores that still have HD DVDs selling off their stock? The one HV by me that carried HD didn't have anything left by the time I got there.[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, Blockbuster never carried HD in store, just BluRay.

i poste dthis in the otehr thread but:

my brother bought like 12 hd dvds the other day for like a total of $70. it was 3 for less than $20 at all 4 stores where were at.

they gave him the cases for all the dvds as well.

some of the titles he got were Beowulf, American Gangster, Knocked Up, Balls of fury, Hot Rod, 40 yera old virgin, and chuck and larry along with others.

oh and we have 4 hollywood videos around here and none of them are going out of buisness

oh and i was mad cuz he didnt get the blade runner multi disc set. its was like $5

[quote name='JLazzuri']To my knowledge, Blockbuster never carried HD in store, just BluRay.[/quote]

My local blockbuster had HD. They're all in a bin near the front for the "clearance" price of 19.99 each

oh and i was mad cuz he didnt get the blade runner multi disc set. its was like $5
It was the same price as all the others.. though at one HV it was 14.99, at another it was 29.99. Weird.

Oh well, I ended up grabbing a ton. Mummy, Mummy Returns, Transformers, Stardust x2, Blade Runner, Knocked Up, 40 Year Old Virgin, Zodiac DC, Eternal Sunshine, Chuck and Larry, Superman Returns, V for Vendetta and several others.

Was able to use the B1G1 coupon for four seperate transaction (CS girls were very cool). Picked up:

Bruce Almighty- $14.99 + tax
Stardust- Free

Zodiac- $14.99 + tax
The Brave One- Free

Invasion- $14.99 + tax
Balls of Fury- Free

I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry- $14.99 + tax
Mr. Bean's Holiday- Free

I have Beowulf on hold, they didn't know if they were allowed to sell and I wasn't going to argue because they were so very cool about the coupons. They said they would call me if they were allowed to sell. Going to hit another Hollywood in the area to see what they have.

Dang, my Hollywood Video is going out of business. ZERO HD-DVDs. Not cool.
I REALLY wanted American Gangster, The Departed, and Bourne Ultimatum.
Anyone wanna hook me up? I can pay shipping, maybe some compensation if it ends up cheaper than Amazon or DeepDiscount.

My store actually had a decent selection...although I passed for now.

I really wanted American Gangster...so if anyone wants to trade, my store had these:

- Bourne Ult
- 3 Harry Potter Movies
- Shrek 3
- World Trade Center
- Disturbia
- 40 year old virgin
- King of Cali
- Disturbia
- Alpha Dog
- channels
- Stardust
- Smokin Aces
- Black Snake Moan
- All 3 MI movies
- Amateurs
- Chuck and Larry
- Mummy Movies
- Eastern Promises
- Fast and the Furious
- Oceans 13
- Next
- Dreamgirls
- Miami Vice
- Mr. Bean
- Bruce & Evan Almighty
- Hot Rod
- Heartbreak Kid
- The Reaping
- Constantine
- Training Day
- Tomb Raider

Ok, that is all I remember...so, if anyone has American Gangster or Beowolf they want to trade I will try to pick some up for whomever. Just PM me and let me know. I still may get a few for myself....I just cannot jusify them yet. Maybe Disturbia and Alpha Dog and Black Snake Moan...

Went back today and picked up

Bourne Ultimatum
Fast and the Furious
Stardust
We Are Marshall
World Trade Center
Knocked Up
Superman Returns
Heartbreak Kid

Still looking for

Shrek 3
Jesse James
Bourne Identity and Supremacy
Zodiac
and Definitely Blade Runner

Pm if you can get a hold of any of these.
I'll be glad to pay cost and shipping first as long as you are an experienced trader.

I picked up quite a bit, with the only excitements being 2 American Gangsters and a Blade-Runner which was stickered at $537.45. They graciously sold it to me for $14.99 though.
Still on the hunt for Beowulf and Jesse James, but I think that the MOD have stolen those, so to speak.

WEll, I stopped at another one.....they had no HD at all (just Blu-Ray to rent).

I did stop at my one that had all the other HD-DVD's (LISTED ABOVE ^^^^^)

If anyone is interested in those, I'm willing to pick up and trade....I'd rather trade, not just ship as that does not seem to be cost effective.

I did add about 6 more movies that I noticed....there are probably a few more they have, but nothing spectatular.

I really want American Gangster or Jesse James (possibly a few others)...hit me with a PM and I will pick them up as they do not seem to moving from this HV.

They said they sold beowolf right away. i was like wow u had it on the shelf instead of the bin so i didnt pick it up. Same goes for AM i was there last week saw it on the shelf but it said 3 days rental. They said that one got taken off the shelf too. I was like wow just wow.

Over the last 2 days I picked up a total of 10 HD DVDs .

1st trip : Bruce Almighty & Training Day

2nd trip : The 40 Year-Old Virgin & Blood Diamond

3rd trip : Harry Potter [all 5] & Chuck & Larry

The guy who rang me up even volunteered to give me PS3 boxes for all the discs I bought .

Pretty nice , I wish I paid atttention to this thread alot earlier , I would have liked to score a copy of Shrek 3 .

Can anyone give me the code below the barcode on the march coupons? I really need it so that the cashier at Movie Gallery can type it into their system, I tried printing out the pamphlet scan but both the barcode and code are blurry. thanx!!

i got blade runner, mr bean, and the first 4 harry potter movies all for ~$60 with the 2 for $20 deal. now all i need is the 5 disc HD DVD case for my blade runner :( any one know where to get one...

[quote name='DLXZero']Can anyone give me the code below the barcode on the march coupons? I really need it so that the cashier at Movie Gallery can type it into their system, I tried printing out the pamphlet scan but both the barcode and code are blurry. thanx!![/QUOTE]

It is ' +CMA2CAB1G1 '

I think it's reffering to the coupon in the laminated flip book tethered to the register .

[quote name='DLXZero']Can anyone give me the code below the barcode on the march coupons? I really need it so that the cashier at Movie Gallery can type it into their system, I tried printing out the pamphlet scan but both the barcode and code are blurry. thanx!![/QUOTE]

I tried it last week and the computer would not accept it. The cashier couldnt manually overide it either.

Managed to snag the following from going to 4+ HV's, all at 2 for $20 (couldn't find B1G1 coupon or get 3 for $25 deal):

The Bourne Identity
The Bourne Ultimatum
Harry Potter 1
Harry Potter 2
Harry Potter 3
Harry Potter 4
Constantine
The Reaping
Channels
Aeon Flux
40 Year Old Virgin
Black Snake Moan
Shooter
Blood Diamond
The Mummy
The Mummy Returns
Disturbia

I saw Shrek 3 but didn't get it. Might head back there tomorrow and see if it's still available.

Also got 2 titles from Fry's for $9.99:

Top Gun
Sky Captain & the World of Tomorrow

Oh, and ordered Batman Begins from Buy.com with GCO for ~$7 shipped this morning. =D

Btw, Transformers is $16.99 at Frys...should I jump on this or wait for a better deal?

I drove 12 miles to my nearest hollywood video today. They had a lot of pretty good titles on hddvd. I couldn't find any of the papers in the front with the coupon in them. I wasn't willing to pay 2 for 20 on any of the hddvds they had because I had everysingle hddvd film they had on standard dvd already.

Can anyone please scan the 2 for 15 coupon? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, does anyone think it would be a good idea for me to spend 2 for 20 or 2 for 15 on high selling hd dvds like transformers and 300? If they're readily available, I was figuring that they may be like 1 or 2 dollars later at walmart or target or half.com or something like a month or 2 from now.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']I drove 12 miles to my nearest hollywood video today. They had a lot of pretty good titles on hddvd. I couldn't find any of the papers in the front with the coupon in them. I wasn't willing to pay 2 for 20 on any of the hddvds they had because I had everysingle hddvd film they had on standard dvd already.

Can anyone please scan the 2 for 15 coupon? I'd greatly appreciate it.

Also, does anyone think it would be a good idea for me to spend 2 for 20 or 2 for 15 on high selling hd dvds like transformers and 300? If they're readily available, I was figuring that they may be like 1 or 2 dollars later at walmart or target or half.com or something like a month or 2 from now.[/quote]

I doubt they'll be $1 or $2.

I'm looking for Transformers, if you find any, pick it up and lemme know! :bouncy:

I picked up at mine.

Harry Potter 1-4
Transformers
Smoking Aces
Mission Impossible 1-2
Blood Diamond
Shooter

I did see Bruce Almighty and Evan Almighty, Aeon Flux, Stardust, and a handful of others that escaping my mind right now.

They did the coupon. But they had to do separate transations. So being the CAG I am. I made them do every purchase separate. But being kind and apologizing alot helps. ;-)

EDIT:

I remember Oceans 13, The Invasion, We Were Soldiers as well.

I don't have the time or the money this week to get them. But will next week if they are still there (by the looks of it, they will be).

But if any CAGer is interested in Shooter or Smoking Aces and wants to trade, I'm looking for Serenity, 300, Batman Begins, Beowulf and American Gangster. Send PM if interested.

They will NEVER get below $5 unless a year from now you find them at a pawn shop or something. They are getting gobbled up by the hd owners at 15 and below already. All the Hollywood Videos that I know about have been cleared out at 7.50 and 10 dollars each.

Keep in mind that these are USED copies that aren't always in the greatest condition and they don't even come with the original case most of the time. Even somewhat unknown movies will be gone before prices go that low.

Simple reason is that regular dvds are still a lot more expensive than these are be lowered to and a lot of them are combo format so it's a steal. Dead format or not they still play and always will. I am glad I went HD now because I'd rather clean up these at low prices than have the format keep releasing every week at charging 30 bucks each.

So grab what you can around the 10 dollar point or you'll probably miss out later on.

For those waiting to find or have a CAG find The Assassination of Jesse James, you will not find this movie at any Hollywood Video store. Evidently HV Corporate stated that they would not carry this or "Snow Buddies" due to the value that the vendor wanted for the movie. Also the Bee Movie coupon did not work today and when she scanned the coupon it rang up with some sort of accessory coupon instead of a B1G1. The "Why did I get Married" coupon still worked though.

The guy at mine wouldn't let me use the B1G1 with the 2 for 20. I picked up Babel and The Fountain. I kind of wish I wouldn't have. I think I'll sell them if someone wants them. Price + shipping.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']For those waiting to find or have a CAG find The Assassination of Jesse James, you will not find this movie at any Hollywood Video store. Evidently HV Corporate stated that they would not carry this or "Snow Buddies" due to the value that the vendor wanted for the movie.[/quote]That explains why my store (a blockbuster as it were, until Tuesday when I leave anyway), only got 16 Jesse James' and a few Snow Buddies on dvd. No idea why but these two titles are very popular. I think the studios might have priced them super high and not cut deals with rental stores in the hopes that constant advertising can drive people to buy them. I swear it's like something's in the drinking water, all I ever hear about is how much people want these two movies which honestly look decent at best.

Just came back from another trip and what a lucky haul it was! Not only did I find some hard to find titles but finally got to use the B1G1 free coupon.

Blade Runner 5-Disc Set (someone just returned it from a rental, soo lucky!)
Transformers
Shrek 3
Meet the Parents
Meet the Fockers
The Invasion
Alpha Dog
Stardust
Babel
I Now Pronounce You Chuck & Larry

i talked to the manager at the hollywood video near me and she said the 2 for 20 deal didn't apply to hd dvds i am one pissed off CAG!!

Too all those that'd bought HD-DVDs at HV. Make sure they work.

My brother told me Smoking Aces didn't work in my 360 add-on, and the disc looks good as new almost. Which of course I had to go through all the discs I'd bought. O well, switch it for another movie!

[quote name='crazyfoot491']i talked to the manager at the hollywood video near me and she said the 2 for 20 deal didn't apply to hd dvds i am one pissed off CAG!![/quote]

Don't be, it's not CAG's fault. Did you go to another HV?

I went to over 7+ HVs and they all had the 2 for 20 deal.

[quote name='crazyfoot491']i talked to the manager at the hollywood video near me and she said the 2 for 20 deal didn't apply to hd dvds i am one pissed off CAG!![/quote]

Don't feel bad, samething happened to me with a young brat not knowing about it and saying "if it was 2 for $20, they would be in that section" :bomb: pissing me off that I had to pay $48 for 3 but I didn't wanna let go The Mummy, The Mummy Returns, and V For Vendetta.

Lucky enough, today was good at the same spot i grabbed the first 3 Harry Potter movies and for the hell of it Constantine and at first the guy was about to charge me full but then I said weren't they 2 for $20 and he check and got even better as the store is going by 3 for $25 and applied it to all of them, so each came out $8.33 and ended up paying $35.64 :D

I'm not really a Harry Potter fan so if anyone in NJ area wants to trade, I'll gladly take the bourne trilogy for them. ;)

Gone to 3 HV and 1 Movie Gallery in the Indy area and only the Fishers store had any. About 10, I believe.

Sorry but I was so frustrated that I can only remember a couple:

Channels
Transformers

[quote name='defmonkey05']Too all those that'd bought HD-DVDs at HV. Make sure they work.

My brother told me Smoking Aces didn't work in my 360 add-on, and the disc looks good as new almost. Which of course I had to go through all the discs I'd bought. O well, switch it for another movie![/QUOTE]

I had that problem with another hd-DVD with the 360 so I deleated the cookies and unpluged it for a day and it worked fine after that

[quote name='defmonkey05']Too all those that'd bought HD-DVDs at HV. Make sure they work.

My brother told me Smoking Aces didn't work in my 360 add-on, and the disc looks good as new almost. Which of course I had to go through all the discs I'd bought. O well, switch it for another movie![/quote]

I'm in the process of testing all my hd-dvds with my 360 HD-DVD player hooked up to my computer with PowerDVD 6.5 and AnyDVD.

Some movies don't display, but I hear audio such as Transformers, Black Snake Moan, Shooter, Babel, Stardust and Disturbia. I'm assuming they will work when I finally get my 360.

Just now I ran into a title that doesn't not show up when I put the disc in; Bourne Ultimatum. The DVD side works fine however. Should I be concerned that the hd-dvd side isn't even detected?

I've had issues with about 3 movies (all Universal) but only one was from hollywood. the bourne ultimatum, the other two i got from amazon chuck and larry and hot fuzz. the dvd side plays fine but my 360 add-on doesn't like the hd side. I'm getting a new toshiba tomorrow and hopefully I can finally see my movies on the hd side.

[quote name='getsmackd77']I've had issues with about 3 movies (all Universal) but only one was from hollywood. the bourne ultimatum, the other two i got from amazon chuck and larry and hot fuzz. the dvd side plays fine but my 360 add-on doesn't like the hd side. I'm getting a new toshiba tomorrow and hopefully I can finally see my movies on the hd side.[/quote]

You too on Ultimatum...interesting. I got mine from Hollywood Video. Do you think it's a disc issue or player issue?

I haven't tested out any on a 360, but have any of the hd-dvds you tried play without the video working properly (black screen) but with just the audio working?

Btw, where are you going to get the Toshiba hd-dvd player and for how much?

For those with Combo disc issues, try washing them under warm water and soap. There is glue residue from their gluing of the two discs together that doesn't necessarily allow for smooth playback. Washing helps in most instances. If this does not work, I'll be sure to find the address to request a replacement disc. I have it somewhere in my files.

i called hollywood video near my house the first day of this sale and asked them if they carried hd dvd's and they said no

went to game crazy to pick up something and cut through hollywood video and they had a HD DVD section but only 6 movies were left

:(

HV has a lifetime warrenty on movies you buy from them(at least my local one did). If they stop working they'll replace them or resurface it for free in store if you bring it with the receipt.

[quote name='GogoTheMimic']HV has a lifetime warrenty on movies you buy from them(at least my local one did). If they stop working they'll replace them or resurface it for free in store if you bring it with the receipt.[/quote]

Better yet, Buy the movies on your HV account and they will be able to pull up your purchase without your receipt.

[quote name='lurknomore']For those with Combo disc issues, try washing them under warm water and soap. There is glue residue from their gluing of the two discs together that doesn't necessarily allow for smooth playback. Washing helps in most instances. If this does not work, I'll be sure to find the address to request a replacement disc. I have it somewhere in my files.[/quote]

Wow, this actually worked! But not 100%...

The disc now can be read by the hd-dvd player but when I try and select any chapters from the main movie, PowerDVD 6.5 would just stop and default to the main player screen or give an error message and quit. The intro plays fine and the extras seem to work, but the main movie just won't play. =(

I think I'm going to bring in the disc to Best Buy and test it out any HD-DVD players they still might have on display. I'll report back later.

My HWV scanned the new B1G1 coupon and said it didn't work on HD DVDs. After debating this for 10 minutes , I came to one conclusion. You have to be an idiot to get hired at HWV. That explains how my ex got a job there. lol

[quote name='Silkk_34']My HWV scanned the new B1G1 coupon and said it didn't work on HD DVDs. After debating this for 10 minutes , I came to one conclusion. You have to be an idiot to get hired at HWV. That explains how my ex got a job there. lol[/quote]

I posted this a few pages back. The Bee Movie coupon doesn't even work on movies. There is a glitch with the coupon where it is saying that there needs to be an accessory on the order. The "Why Did I Get Married" coupon still works though.

i had the same problem but what i did was i came back w/ my receipts from my other purchases & they gave it to me

[quote name='twanky']does anyone want to pick up beowulf and american gangster for me? i could paypal them. =)[/quote]

Chances of finding them are slim to none at this point. I was lucky enough to score Blade Runner 5 disc set last Friday, almost a week since these deals have started.

bread's done
Back