$149 3DS XL @ Meijer Aug. 16-17 w/PM, coupons, and membership

Shabow

CAGiversary!
Meijer's Mperks program has a coupon running Aug. 16th through the 17th for $20 off a $99 general merchandise purchase.  Also, there is a rewards coupon that can be clipped for $6 off an Electronics purchase of $40. 

Combine those coupons with Target's 3DS XL price of $175 and you will get one for $149 plus tax.  You will need to bring a Target ad in to get the price match.  

You will also need to have an Mperk's account with those two coupons clipped to get the deal.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got 175 amazon credit for 135 on my first transaction and I went to get another 100 dollar card but chase froze my debit card so I gotta head back after work

Just picked this up for $150 + Paper Mario. Worked like a charm.

I may have had to "borrow" the display ad from target, but that's another story.

The first store I tried this at said if I was price matching, I could not use the $20 off coupon or enter the Mperks; I had to choose either or.  I politely declined and drove 5 minutes to another Meijer.

This store said that if I was price matching, I could not get the free Paper Mario game.  They said I could not combine Meijer's promotional offers with a price match, so I politely declined and drove to another Meijer about 10 minutes away.  

The third try worked without a hitch.  The manager came over, overrode to $175 and left, the employee scanned the Paper Mario game (which came up free), and I entered my Mperks number with the clipped coupon.  Thanks OP!

Honestly though, I think the first two Meijer's were technically right.  If Meijer was offering a free $50 gift card on an XL for example, and Target had the price $50 off, then you know any official price-matching policy wouldn't allow you to get both offers.  So, this deal is YMMV.  

Thanks for the help guys. I actually bought it without the price match just to make sure I got the Sticker Star(only 2 copies left at that store). The service desk informed me I have 10 days to get the price adjust and I live within 5 minutes of the store so I am OK with popping back in to save the other $25.

I didn't want to bite since I don't really play my handheld games but I figure $92 off is really hard to beat. ($20 school bucks + $25 price match + $40 game free + $7 off later purchase = $92 off)

Edit: I formatted it so it wasn't such a word fuster cluck. XP

Thanks to the OP for posting this deal, it was a great one. I got 275 dollars amazon credit for 215 cash. I paid off my watch dogs ps4 bundle, gta5, and still have 80 bucks to spare.

I went to another location and got this too. Very easy price match... Too bad the one I went to have no black color unit available. Do any of u guys find the new black unit? I got red for now in hope of exchanging it for black one within the month.
Yeah I got it

Went to Meijer, told the girl I wanted a 3DS XL and told her I wanted to price match. She gave me this strained look and said, "please tell me you have a paper ad." I pulled the ad out of my pocket and she repeatedly thanked me. I'm guessing she must have dealt with a fair share of customers chewing her out for denying price matches without one.

After that it was smooth sailing. Rang out the 3DS and Mario, typed in my mPerks number without even bothering to tell her I had coupons, and it all rang up at $150.

Went to Meijer, told the girl I wanted a 3DS XL and told her I wanted to price match. She gave me this strained look and said, "please tell me you have a paper ad." I pulled the ad out of my pocket and she repeatedly thanked me. I'm guessing she must have dealt with a fair share of customers chewing her out for denying price matches without one.

After that it was smooth sailing. Rang out the 3DS and Mario, typed in my mPerks number without even bothering to tell her I had coupons, and it all rang up at $150.
Haha, the cashier I went to said the same thing.

So they only price match paper ads?

Do they match online places like Amazon?

No luck for me.

The manager said the mperks can't be used with price matching so I just went ahead and picked it up for $175 with paper mario.

Still a great deal though, so thanks for the heads-up.

Yeah I got the physical ad only BS, but it was just one parking lot over to a Target. No other problems, two cashiers just put everything in and called a manager over for an override.

No luck for me.

The manager said the mperks can't be used with price matching so I just went ahead and picked it up for $175 with paper mario.

They were wrong. You can. You shouldve just entered your mPerks in the card reader.

No luck for me.

Yeah I had the same issue when I went back for the price adjust. I ended up coming back later and speaking to a different manager and they put it through. The faulty logic comes in when the manager tries to say that the Meijer bucks are a sale rather than a promotion. The Meijer bucks are a universal store wide promotion and they are NOT supposed to conflict with sales. There is no part of the Meijer bucks that says sale items are excluded. It clicked after I got home from the first attempt and distinctly remembered using Santa bucks on some Magic cards that were on sale to end up with about 50% off. When I went back the other manager agreed with me immediately and put it right through. ^_^

The big thing I don't get is why the Managers get all bent out of shape about it. Apparently there is a corporate attaboy program they are in where they deny people sales for an imaginary pat on the back. /endRant :p

For me, the manager just authoerized the pricematch.  And then i enter my mperk and the system did the rest and m,ario come off automatically.  Unless they are manually overwriting the free game.. 

For me, the manager just authoerized the pricematch. And then i enter my mperk and the system did the rest and m,ario come off automatically. Unless they are manually overwriting the free game..
Comes off automatically. All promos stack the only time something doesn't stack is when you have a vendor coupon and mPerks coupon too. Then you have to pick one or the other

Todays Meijer ad shows 15% off your total purchase of General Merchandise Friday 08/23 & 08/24 with MPerks.  So far I'm thinking the possibility of PS Vita price match to $199.99 and then $30.00 off.  Any other ideas? 

Todays Meijer ad shows 15% off your total purchase of General Merchandise Friday 08/23 & 08/24 with MPerks. So far I'm thinking the possibility of PS Vita price match to $199.99 and then $30.00 off. Any other ideas?
Does Meijer have a new Mperks promo each week?

If that's the case, this guy will never be paying full price for Amazon again!

Finally, I can post!  I created an account to comment on this topic but had to suffer through the 2 day waiting period.

Anyway, big thanks to the creator of this topic!  Like other people, I got a black 3DS XL for $150 thanks to the price match and mperks coupons.  The problem I have though, is that I already own the Paper Mario game.  I asked the Meijer employee if I could swap it for a different game, but they said no.  So now I have a brand new, unopened copy of Paper Mario.  What should I do with it?  Is there any place that will let me exchange it for a different game?

If you're feeling bold, you can return it to WalMart without a receipt for a nice chunk of credit. You only need to deal with Walmart's horrific customer service.

Thanks for the post because I crushed my 3ds to weeks ago. I would've had my hard case on but I was using the circle pad pro. Message me if you want to trade a 3ds circle pad pro for something

bread's done
Back