$15.99-19.99 Duke Nukem Forever Balls of Steel Edition

Honestly, I don't think I order enough from Amazon to take advantage of Prime. And when I do order from them, it's usually no problem to find something I really want that gets me up to free shipping (in this case Showcase Presents: The Spectre, which I've been holding out for and put me @ $25.50).

[quote name='ElektroDragon']And quit complaining about free shipping and just get Amazon Prime! SO worth it. Especially since you get tons of free streaming TV and movies on PS3 with it.[/QUOTE]

love amazon prime :cool:

You now get the streaming on your 360 too. I might go ahead and take my trial now. I was saving it for later.. but I'd like to check out hte streaming on Xbox.

[quote name='boredasfook']Just wondering if this thing doesn't sell (PC 609) will it get hit with another price cut. Would love to snag it for $10.[/QUOTE]

If gamestop does then sure. Amazon matching gs for this most likely.

[quote name='DukeMagnem']You now get the streaming on your 360 too. I might go ahead and take my trial now. I was saving it for later.. but I'd like to check out hte streaming on Xbox.[/QUOTE]

If I'm correct, you don't get the option of streaming when using a free Prime account of any sort.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']Am I the only person who LIKES this game?? Then again I grew up playing early 90s PC shooters as a teen.

Had the 360 version, but had to but the PC CE at this price![/QUOTE]

I loved DNF as well. But we are a different breed of gamer.

If you grew up playing the 90s pc shooters, like DN3D, you watched this game be made for 13-14 years.

The truth is if you knew what to expect from the game, you enjoyed it. Randy (gearbox) specifically bought this game so he could release it to the world. He even referred to it as a greasy hamburger... Thats because he just wanted the game to be released after all the years of changes, money lost etc etc. To me its more of a piece of gaming history. When you are playing it you realize that. And if you are a fan of Duke, you cant help but smile the whole time listening to his old school one liners.

Its a game that feels like 2002 but that was the point. And when you beat the game you unlock all those videos about the games history and development process. Makes you appreciate it even more.

So if you took DNF for what it was, a quick modern Duke romp and a piece of game history, then chances are you enjoyed it.

But to me I could have simply bought it for Multiplayer alone. I put over 50 hours into the Mplayer on Xbox 360. It played like an old school FPS with Dukematch. It was fantastic. Great maps and simply just awesome to play Duke with updated gun models and graphics. Even the most nostalgic Duke fans should have enjoyed that. I literally just stopped playing the Mplayer a couple months back after almost a whole years worth.

Put those singleplayer charm and the surprising multiplayer, it was my guilty pleasure game of the year.

The reality is Gearbox grabbed the game to release as a piece of history... and now that they own the Duke Nukem rights, then go nuts making a real, good, fleshed out Duke title.

As for this deal finally a price point to pick it up at. Didnt realize GS has the 360 version for 19.99. Will be heading there tomorrow. Would like one of these to keep sealed.

[quote name='Sonic9jct']If I'm correct, you don't get the option of streaming when using a free Prime account of any sort.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. Glad I didn't waste my free trial then, it'll be much better spent at Xmas.

[quote name='xDerekRx']I loved DNF as well. But we are a different breed of gamer.

If you grew up playing the 90s pc shooters, like DN3D, you watched this game be made for 13-14 years.

The truth is if you knew what to expect from the game, you enjoyed it. Randy (gearbox) specifically bought this game so he could release it to the world. He even referred to it as a greasy hamburger... Thats because he just wanted the game to be released after all the years of changes, money lost etc etc. To me its more of a piece of gaming history. When you are playing it you realize that. And if you are a fan of Duke, you cant help but smile the whole time listening to his old school one liners.

Its a game that feels like 2002 but that was the point. And when you beat the game you unlock all those videos about the games history and development process. Makes you appreciate it even more.

So if you took DNF for what it was, a quick modern Duke romp and a piece of game history, then chances are you enjoyed it.

But to me I could have simply bought it for Multiplayer alone. I put over 50 hours into the Mplayer on Xbox 360. It played like an old school FPS with Dukematch. It was fantastic. Great maps and simply just awesome to play Duke with updated gun models and graphics. Even the most nostalgic Duke fans should have enjoyed that. I literally just stopped playing the Mplayer a couple months back after almost a whole years worth.

Put those singleplayer charm and the surprising multiplayer, it was my guilty pleasure game of the year.

The reality is Gearbox grabbed the game to release as a piece of history... and now that they own the Duke Nukem rights, then go nuts making a real, good, fleshed out Duke title.[/QUOTE]

Excellent assessment; well said. Seems like people are too often nit-picky about games today instead of sitting back and enjoying them sometimes. Thanks for posting this - didn't know the info about Gearbox etc. Good to know.

I'll wait until it drops in price a little more, i want those goodies.

Personally, I thought the game was crap, and yes I did play DN3D back in the day. I'm sure someone out there enjoys superman 64 as well.

The art book, statue, cards & dice alone might be worth it. I probably couldn't get a penny for the Steam code though.

Wait... "Mini-card deck"? it's not even a full-sized deck of cards?

bread's done
Back