$15 Cash Back w/ $75 purchase @ Buy.com (PayPal)

wildnuts02

CAGiversary!
Feedback
14 (100%)
This is valid Today only, up to $30. This could be used for a decent discount on a couple of games.

http://www.buy.com/toc/paypal/66650.html?adid=17989&dcaid=17989

paypalbuycom_cashback.jpg

Wow buy.com is shaddy today. Selling most games for over $63.xx and offering free shipping. So they took a retail game with a price of $59.99, added shipping and than offered the repriced item with free shipping. COD Wow for $64...humm.

Would have been a good deal a few months ago, but after buy.com screwed me over several times in a row, I'm avoiding them altogether. I proved altogether that their customer service worthless. My theory is that they put a few monkeys in a room, let them bang on the keyboards at will, and that is the response that gets sense to you. No, I take that back...that would just be insulting the monkeys to compare them to their customer service. After dozens of good purchases off their site for several years, I'm convinced that they're going down hill and I hope they go down for good. Good riddance!

[quote name='espionage']doesn't seem to be too many game sales to combine this coupon with on the site, but the Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB HD is $93. Take $15 off with this promotion and you can get it shipped for $78. Not a bad deal since these hard drives don't need an external power source and can be plugged right into your 360/PS3 to watch your media.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Western-Digital-320GB-My-Passport-Essential-USB/q/loc/58207/206780495.html[/QUOTE]

Hmm seems like a good deal. Although I thought that you couldn't even use non-M$ hard drives externally on the 360??

[quote name='sethvega']Hmm seems like a good deal. Although I thought that you couldn't even use non-M$ hard drives externally on the 360??[/quote]

you can. i hook up my 500 gb passport to it and it streams my stuff with no problems (although the colors don't look as good as when the same media is played on the ps3 for some reason). you can burn media onto cds, dvds, thumb drives, external hard drives, etc. and the 360 will play them just fine. it'll even play your ipod if you hook it up to it.

[quote name='espionage']you can. i hook up my 500 gb passport to it and it streams my stuff with no problems (although the colors don't look as good as when the same media is played on the ps3 for some reason). you can burn media onto cds, dvds, thumb drives, external hard drives, etc. and the 360 will play them just fine. it'll even play your ipod if you hook it up to it.[/QUOTE]

Ahh yea you can use it like a remote storage, but you can't write to it directly from the 360. i.e. download stuff form Marketplace to it.. or install games to it.

But yea I guess you could use it as a usb key drive (already have one of those attached) and just store divx/mp3s/pictures to it..but thats not quite the same functionality..

[quote name='espionage']doesn't seem to be too many game sales to combine this coupon with on the site, but the Western Digital My Passport Essential 320GB HD is $93. Take $15 off with this promotion and you can get it shipped for $78. Not a bad deal since these hard drives don't need an external power source and can be plugged right into your 360/PS3 to watch your media.

http://www.buy.com/prod/Western-Digital-320GB-My-Passport-Essential-USB/q/loc/58207/206780495.html[/QUOTE]

So a power supply is going to make you pay that much for an external HD? You can grab a WD or Fantom Green drive for around $110 right now in the 1TB size.. 7200 RPM 16mb cache...

Also realize that some people have complained that their PS3 didnt put enough power out to operate their external HD's....

It would make more sense to get an internal PS3 drive in the 250 gb range for the $45 or so it takes to do so.

Also I dont know about the 360 but the PS3 only reads FAT 32 so forget using any real HD content for viewing....

Good call on the Passport 320's! Now to decide between Real Red and Cherry Red...

Seems like it would be good for accessories. A lot of their accessories are discounted from MSRP already.

360 wireless is $87 before 15 and 360 60 gb kit is $94 before 15. Controllers for Ps3 and 360 are pretty cheap too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='morpheus47']Can you place an order for $150 and get $30 back, or does it have to be two separate tranactions of $75 each?[/quote]
You'll have to do 2 transactions.

[quote name='Snake2715']So a power supply is going to make you pay that much for an external HD? You can grab a WD or Fantom Green drive for around $110 right now in the 1TB size.. 7200 RPM 16mb cache... [/quote]

no, it's also because i can put this passport hard drive in my jeans pocket so it's easier to travel with than the 1TB drives you're talking about. i'll pay that premium for such portability.

[quote name='espionage']no, it's also because i can put this passport hard drive in my jeans pocket so it's easier to travel with than the 1TB drives you're talking about. i'll pay that premium for such portability.[/QUOTE]

Well that makes since. I have a Fantom 1TB and its smaller than 2 dvd cases stacked. It wont really go in my pocket, bit its not huge either.

How small is your HD? I dont really think a PSP is pocketable, but maybe thats just me.

[quote name='Snake2715']Well that makes since. I have a Fantom 1TB and its smaller than 2 dvd cases stacked. It wont really go in my pocket, bit its not huge either.

How small is your HD? I dont really think a PSP is pocketable, but maybe thats just me.[/quote]

yeah i like that i can just take my movies to my friends places that own 360s or ps3s and plug it right in to play. the passport hd is about half an inch taller and wider than a regular sized ipod video so it's definitely pocketable - psp, not so much.

Anyone get theirs yet?

I took a shot on the SFIV collectors. It was $78.99 + free ship so after this would be like $63 shipped. The paypal 15% did show up but I wonder how they treat pre orders?

bread's done
Back