15% off PSN and XBL purchases when paying via Cash App

Josh1billion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
This has been an ongoing deal for a while, so I apologize if it's already been posted.  But I haven't seen it here, and just recently found out about it myself.

That's right, it's the mothafuckin Cash App

Cash App sends you a debit card linked to your installation of their mobile app.  You use the app to attach a "Boost" (dumb way of saying "coupon") to the debit card.  For as long as I've been using it, about a month now, they've always had 15% off "boosts" for PSN and XBL with an unlimited number of uses.  So you throw $50 onto the app, choose the PSN boost on the app, pay on PSN with your cashapp debit card, and observe after-the-fact that only $42.50 was deducted from your account instead of the full $50 you spent on PSN.

Not gonna soil this good forum with a referral link, so here's their homepage: https://cash.app/

Last edited by a moderator:
How long does it take until you're able to activate boosts? I created an account this morning, set up the digital card, but there's no "add boosts" button. It just says my card is still pending.

Cash App itself isn't a scam. It's run by Square, Inc., and backed by Sutton Bank out of Ohio.

People are being scammed USING the Cash App, since it doesn't have the greatest security and is incredibly simple to set up. Easier than Venmo. Someone could have hacked your account and registered for a debit card, or the terms and agreements could have specified you'd get one. You DO NOT need to deposit any money to get the debit card.

My friends have been using Cash App for a few years now (well, pre-COVID) to receive payment from venues for music gigs. It's pretty widely used.
Perhaps I wasn't as clear as I might've been.

I was not saying Cash App was a scam. I do, however, think they are engaged in questionable tactics to inflate user numbers.

I've done a dark web scan as well as looking at all my reports. There's no evidence my SS has been compromised, so why did I get a CA debit card in the mail to my address with my name on it?

I think they were hoping that I'd use it or link funding to it. The whole thing is highly suspect.

Where are you guys ordering credit for Xbox from? All I know is the gift cards from the MS site. And it isn’t working there.

Works for games on the Xbox site but not Xbox gift cards on MS. And, yes, it’s been hours since my last purchase.

Where are you guys ordering credit for Xbox from? All I know is the gift cards from the MS site. And it isn’t working there.

Works for games on the Xbox site but not Xbox gift cards on MS. And, yes, it’s been hours since my last purchase.
I did my first two from the MS site directly, with the 'Xbox Digital Code' item. First 2 were charged by Xbox, and worked. The third was charged by Microsoft and didn't trigger the Boost.

I did my first two from the MS site directly, with the 'Xbox Digital Code' item. First 2 were charged by Xbox, and worked. The third was charged by Microsoft and didn't trigger the Boost.
Weird. Maybe the changed it and it’s no longer working on the MS site.

This may sound dumb, but do I just buy a PSN/XBOX through sony/Microsoft using the Cash App card?
The maximum amount off from your order is $7.50. Your 25% off is effectively only working on the first $30 you spend, so you'd only get $7.50 off those big purchases.

So far I'm 0/2, $30 and $20 not triggering 12 hours apart.

Hmm if you look at the transaction history and click into it, it might tell you some info about why the boost wasn't applied. At least that's where it showed me info about the PSN one being on cooldown when I made the mistake of using it before an hour had gone by.
I'm 0/2 on Xbox, $30 and 20 spacebucks, 12+ hours apart. Mine still show pending but they took all the money.

This may sound dumb, but do I just buy a PSN/XBOX through sony/Microsoft using the Cash App card?
You stack enough credit through buying it $30 at a time and then pray for the console to come in stock. Yes, you can get a machine for 25% off, I did it for an X1X back when it launched.

Cash App itself isn't a scam. It's run by Square, Inc., and backed by Sutton Bank out of Ohio.

People are being scammed USING the Cash App, since it doesn't have the greatest security and is incredibly simple to set up. Easier than Venmo. Someone could have hacked your account and registered for a debit card, or the terms and agreements could have specified you'd get one. You DO NOT need to deposit any money to get the debit card.

My friends have been using Cash App for a few years now (well, pre-COVID) to receive payment from venues for music gigs. It's pretty widely used.
Signing up was disgustingly easy. Outside of the verification text everything else seems like it could be done for something else. Yes, the text can be faked too, but wouldn't it satill go to the intended recipient? I'm reading it as you get sent the physical card no matter what and can use the virtual right away, like what Google Wallet did before they abandoned it.

I tried using CashApp on PSN a long while ago and the boost didn't apply, so I never tried it again since. I use CashApp on other things all the time (restaurants, bitcoin boosts, etc.)

Want to make sure I understand how you guys are getting it to work for Playstation.

Do you Add Funds with the CashApp card through your PS4/PS5 console itself or through the playstation.com website (payment management-> add funds)?

Thanks!

I tried using CashApp on PSN a long while ago and the boost didn't apply, so I never tried it again since. I use CashApp on other things all the time (restaurants, bitcoin boosts, etc.)

Want to make sure I understand how you guys are getting it to work for Playstation.

Do you Add Funds with the CashApp card through your PS4/PS5 console itself or through the playstation.com website (payment management-> add funds)?

Thanks!
I use Add Funds on the PS5 console itself, but I've used the website too. The website just errors for me when I try to add funds there now, for some reason, but that seems to be affecting only me. The boost should work on both website and console, and it works for both adding funds to wallet and for checking out a cart of games.

Sounds like you did everything right.

I use Add Funds on the PS5 console itself, but I've used the website too. The website just errors for me when I try to add funds there now, for some reason, but that seems to be affecting only me. The boost should work on both website and console, and it works for both adding funds to wallet and for checking out a cart of games.

Sounds like you did everything right.
How did you add via the console? Trying to find that option.

EDIT: Just found it under settings of the console and not in the PS Store on the console. Weird place for it to be but it worked. No errors at all.

I personally wouldn't trust these guys.

I got a mailer, complete with a debit card with my name on it from them.

The thing is, I didn't even know what it was and never opened an account.

Apparently, there is a scam being run? ABC ran a story on it. https://6abc.com/cash-card-app-money-my/5952458/

I've found ZERO evidence that anyone opened an account using my information. I believe that Cash App themselves are sending out unsolicited cards and trying to get large amounts of new users...

Either way, I filed BBB, IN attorney general, and FTC complaints that have been ignored thus far (about a month); though I've placed freezes on my credit files, JIC.
The cashapp is a "debit card" for your cashapp account. If I recall correctly, it doesn't require any credit check what-so-ever to obtain and you have to first add funds to your cashapp account to withdraw from it. It is literally just a way to use your cashapp funds anywhere you can use a card (though it's been a while since I signed up). I wouldn't worry too much about this honestly if you aren't seeing unexplained charges in your cashapp/bank account (though maybe worth updating a password). Maybe a bit shady to send you a card without it being requested but since it doesn't require a credit check or anything and some test internally probably found that Cashapp users were like 40% more likely to use cashapp if they had a card available to them, I could see them sending it out to users.

Obviously, all of that is not true if you see any other activity on your cashapp account that looks suspect and make sure the "require biometrics or cash ping to transfer funds" setting is enabled.

For what it is worth, I'm fairly positive I've also been sent a Paypal "debit cards" I never requested as well in the past.

On topic, has anyone tried using the 25% xbox live offer to buy a $30 xbox gift card via the store?

New deal is 5% off PSN and 10% off XBL. It was fun while it lasted. But hopefully we’ll keep getting something at least.

I've got 15% off Xbox and 5% off PSN for boost. 

Fun side note, I discovered that the 5% off/back at Sam's Club boost works with the scan and go feature in the app (so works in store as well as online long as you use scan and go).  Happy to get an extra 5% off on bulk prices. I also used the 5% back on Groupon one when buying a $10 gamefly code cause why not. 

They have a "$100 off any purchase" boost going on right now if you set up your paychecks to direct deposit ($300 minimum) into Cash App.

Which is kind of a big ask normally, because who wants to switch to using Cash App as their regular bank?

But I found a way to game it. This works if your employer allows you to split your paychecks between multiple banks, and if they have a way to manage it yourself via a web app (instead of having to file paperwork with HR each time you want to change it). Thats a lot of "if"s, but if it applies to you, here's what I did:

- set up direct deposit to put $301 into Cash App
- set up direct deposit to deposit the entire remainder into my normal bank account
- wait for the next paycheck to get deposited
- see $301 got deposited into Cash App successfully; wait a few hours, and the $100-off boost will unlock
- delete Cash App out of direct deposit settings
- spend the $100 boost whenever, and withdraw the $301 back into bank account

Very easy $100 if your employer uses a self-service direct deposit setup.

Cool to get these discounts but odd they didn't up the max discount along with the increased percentage. It's still only a max of $5 off your purchase.
Just add $25 to your wallet. I do that every week with the 15%, and at least this time it will max the discount.

Wait, so how often can we use the 20% off boost for the next two days? I used it once and then it reappeared so it seems like there's no one hour time limit or anything?

Wait, so how often can we use the 20% off boost for the next two days? I used it once and then it reappeared so it seems like there's no one hour time limit or anything?
I used the 20% booster and the 15% one showed up right after. Are you saying it came right back or it came back eventually?

A lot of times a boost can be used more than once but I find that it's usually a "once per day" thing and they do like a 24 hour from last use type of day. Even if not explicitly stated in the terms.

I've used the 15% off on xbox one a few times now, and why I got the cashapp card, but have actually saved far more money using the sam's club boost which occasionally goes up to 10% and I figured out works if you do scan and go in the store. It's almost like having a red card for Sam's club now.

Boo, I'm down to 10% for Xbox and Playstation now. I was consistently at 15% for each before this, and had the 20% PSN last week as well.

bread's done
Back