$15. six movie action pack (with Equilibrium) Blu Ray

sunnysky

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Just thought I'd give a heads up.
Miramax/Echo Bridge just released an action pack of 6 movies on 2 discs.
Available at Walmart for $15.
The Yards / No Code Of Conduct / The Lookout / Hidden Assassin / Equilibrium / Supercop
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19897385

According to the AVS forums, this Version of Equilibrium is NOT the crappy version that Echo Bridge released before, even thought it's the same cover picture.
Avs says this iS 2.35 And DTS Master Audio.
Not sure I believe them, but for $15, I'm willing to take a chance.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-1174299-p-2.html

[quote name='raarar']Equilibrium is worth it on it's own. Tempted but would I ever even watch any of the other movies?[/QUOTE]

Supercop is the best Police Story movie and probably one of Jackie Chan's best movie of all thime. Not sure about the transfer quality but it is easily the best film in this set

[quote name='sunnysky']
According to the AVS forums, this Version of Equilibrium is NOT the crappy version that Echo Bridge released before, even thought it's the same cover picture.
Avs says this iS 2.35 And DTS Master Audio.
Not sure I believe them, but for $15, I'm willing to take a chance.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/archive/index.php/t-1174299-p-2.html[/QUOTE]

Damn, I saw this in store a couple weeks ago and passed on it because the previous Echo Bridge was such crap and who figures they're gonna increase the quality of a 6 pack blu ray? Guess I'll have to stop by later and see if they still have it in stock.

[quote name='raarar']Equilibrium is worth it on it's own. Tempted but would I ever even watch any of the other movies?[/QUOTE]

Well I like The Yards but it doesn't really belong with the others, its more of a slow burn crime flick

[quote name='sassylaurie']For those looking for Equilibrium:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19897392?findingMethod=rr

Not sure of the version though, but I thought Renaissance: Paris 2054 was better than any of the other 5 included with the other pack.[/QUOTE]

According to the POSTS in the AVS forums, the Equilibrium/Renaissance title has slightly less adequate audio.
For some reason Equilibrium is dolby digital 5.1 in the 2 pack instead of DTS MA in the 6 pack. Not sure of any other difference, except for the miramax Logo not being present at the start of the film in the 2 pack like it is in the 6 pack. I'm guessing Miramax had a bit more SAY in the 6 pack.

Echo Bridge is simply impossible to figure out. You never know what you're gonna get. In fact, I passed on this yesterday when I saw it, and finally found the Info in AVS and picked it up today. THANKFULLY.

[quote name='sunnysky']According to the POSTS in the AVS forums, the Equilibrium/Renaissance title has slightly less adequate audio.
For some reason Equilibrium is dolby digital 5.1 in the 2 pack instead of DTS MA in the 6 pack. Not sure of any other difference, except for the miramax Logo not being present at the start of the film in the 2 pack like it is in the 6 pack. I'm guessing Miramax had a bit more SAY in the 6 pack.

Echo Bridge is simply impossible to figure out. You never know what you're gonna get. In fact, I passed on this yesterday when I saw it, and finally found the Info in AVS and picked it up today. THANKFULLY.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's mind boggling that of 3 Equilibrium releases in North America, the seemingly best one is part of a $15 6 pack from Walmart. You would think they would have the least incentive to make it their best release of the film.

[quote name='62t']Supercop is the best Police Story movie and probably one of Jackie Chan's best movie of all thime. Not sure about the transfer quality but it is easily the best film in this set[/QUOTE]

But this is also the edited dubbed US version of the film.

Hopefully the movie companies will never try to do double sided blu ray disks. Annoyed the ever loving hell out of me with the DVDs. I'll take the 3 movies crammed onto each disk anyday.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']But this is also the edited dubbed US version of the film.[/QUOTE]

okay nevermind then

The Lookout was an excellent crime thriller also.
Might have to pick this up now.

[quote name='rhymenoceros']The Lookout was an excellent crime thriller also.
Might have to pick this up now.[/QUOTE]

I also liked The Lookout. The trailer made it look kind of dumb, but it is actually a well done thriller.

Sticking The Lookout (and I guess The Yards, too) is a really odd choice to throw in there give that it's hardly in line with the other brainless action flicks in there (not that there's anything wrong with brainless action flicks). While we're on the JGL love, if Brick were in there, I'd be all over this.

Haven't seen Yards, but Lookout is awesome.

I also agree with 62t's Supercop assertions...as a Jackie Chan film. Can't say I think it's better than Lookout, but to each his own!

I'd rewatch Equilibrium...it's been a while, but I seem to recall it being in the "so bad it's good" category for me.

Saw this on Temporary Price Cut at Target for $12.99 til end of this week.

Picked up last week for $14.99, I'll go get a price adjustment later.

Pretty cool way to sell a bunch of older blu's together.

Price is nice too.

Hopefully more of this type of pack comes out soon.

[quote name='bryan78']Saw this on Temporary Price Cut at Target for $12.99 til end of this week.
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='shadowkast']pretty sure this is alot cheaper at target this week. I dont recall the price but around $10 maybe $8[/QUOTE]

Didnt realize my posts were invisible. Probably why I dont bother posting on CAG anymore when I see a deal.

[quote name='bryan78']Didnt realize my posts were invisible. Probably why I dont bother posting on CAG anymore when I see a deal.[/QUOTE]

People just don't read sometimes lol

Went to Target after seeing your earlier post.

It's 12.99 there through the 12th.

[quote name='dabogues']I'd rewatch Equilibrium...it's been a while, but I seem to recall it being in the "so bad it's good" category for me.[/QUOTE]

blasphemy. Equilibrium was just an awesome movie.

Thanks to the OP and those who posted about this being $12.99 at Target this week. My Target had 2 left on the shelf hidden behind some other blu-ray.

I tested out and fast forwarded through the disc with Equilibrium, the Lookout, and Supercop. The quality isn't that bad. All the films definitely look somewhat "grainy," (probably from all of the compression I'm guessing). But the picture quality looks on par or just a tiny bit better than watching a movie in HD on cable (HBO HD, Showtime, Starz, Cinemax, etc.).

I would have bought bare-bones blu-ray releases of Equilibrium and The Lookout for $5 each because I'd like to re-watch those movies over and over. For me it was a no brainer to also get 4 more movies I've never seen for $12.99 total. I also used my Target Redcard to save 5%. :)

A bit off topic, but is the Canadian import version of this movie in the "correct" aspect ratio 2.35:1? The cover is the image of Bale's head enlarged whereas the other version has him and Taye Diggs on the cover.

Anyone know? I can't seem to get an answer from anyone about this. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='def PD']A bit off topic, but is the Canadian import version of this movie in the "correct" aspect ratio 2.35:1? The cover is the image of Bale's head enlarged whereas the other version has him and Taye Diggs on the cover.

Anyone know? I can't seem to get an answer from anyone about this. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Click on the AVS Forum link from the first post.
There should be something in there about it.

[quote name='sunnysky']Click on the AVS Forum link from the first post.
There should be something in there about it.[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for the help! For some reason I must've done some selective reading and completely missed that part of the OP.

bread's done
Back