$150 NFL Football Contest by PFCritics

Gamer3:16

CAG Veteran
I'm the owner of Pro Football Critics( http://www.pfcritics.com/ ) and I am running our fifth annual football contest. The past three years, I have advertised this contest here at CAG, and quite a few of you have signed up. The winner the past two years has received $150, and one of those winners was a CAG member (not sure if last year's winner was from CAG or not).

Here is the contest: http://www.pfcritics.com/pickem

What you do is you place your picks each and every week for NFL games. At the end of the season, whoever has the best record will win $150.00. The second- and third-place winners will also receive a little something. Second place will earn $50.00, while third place will earn $25.00. The longest lasting person in the "survivor pool" aspect of the game will also win $25.00.

So, if you're an NFL fan, take the chance and make your picks count for something.

Any questions, please leave them here, PM me, e-mail me, whatever. BTW, it's completely free to enter this contest. I used to have a rule where people had to register on my forums too to play in the contest, but I've done away with that rule because people hate it. Power to the people ;)

Hurry up and join, the season starts Thursday (tomorrow)! Though, if you see this topic after Thursday, you can still register, knowing you're only handicapped down by one game.

[quote name='musha666']Cool. 49ers 19-0 this season. Im sure to win this. =-P[/quote]

I'm feeling that prediction. JT for OPOTY

[quote name='winterice']So we enter a pick for every game played this week?[/QUOTE]

Technically, you could make every pick for every week of the season today. However, the ideal way is to make all your picks for a certain week some time during the four-five days before that Sunday.

Also, a note to everyone: in the past, to host this contest, I used a software provider called SuperBrawl.

This year, I wrote the Pick'em software/application myself in PHP and MySQL. Some things still need to be optimized, and I plan on making the skin look a little prettier and such. Throughout the season, hopefully you'll notice and favor the aesthetic changes that are made and features that are added.

And, if there are ANY bugs, please report them ASAP on the tiny message board link at the Pick'em page.

Registered and enter, thanks OP. I do have one question in regards to week one. For some reason I can't make a selection for the first game between NYG & Washington. I would like the G-Men if possible, thanks.:D

[quote name='neudog']Registered and enter, thanks OP. I do have one question in regards to week one. For some reason I can't make a selection for the first game between NYG & Washington. I would like the G-Men if possible, thanks.:D[/QUOTE]

ooh, the new website seems to lock you out of making a pick much earlier... so no more switching picks 2 minutes before kickoff

Sorry about that guys; I actually intended to allow picks up until the minute the game starts. The issue is now fixed, so if you couldn't enter the NYG/WAS game before, you can do so now.

For those interested, the issue involved the comparison of PHP times. In the time part, I did not have a leading zero for one of the comparisons. I made sure there is a leading zero internally now. I didn't encounter this problem during the preseason, because I never tested entering picks prior to noon 10:00 AM EST (notice there are two digits in the hours part). So, technically, if I hadn't changed anything, you would've been able to make picks again starting at 10:00 AM. Now, it's more fullproof, of course ;)

bread's done
Back