$150 PS4 1TB Star Wars Battlefront II Bundle with Best Buy Pricematch

Darkforce92

CAG Newbie
I put what I read on another forum, same procedure as with Xbox One X:

Go to BestBuy.com and click on Price Match Guarantee
Select Online
Start chat with a B.B. rep.
Told him the B.B. SKU number for PS4 1TB Slim System with Star Wars Battlefront 2 (6139532)
Gave him this link https://www.walmart.com/store/303/holly-springs-ms/search?query=Sony%20PS4%201TB%20Slim%20System%20with%20Star%20Wars%20Battlefront%202&u1=&oid=223073.1&wmlspartner=FKSJxY2VJAk&sourceid=00037116772256452195&affillinktype=10&veh=aff
He took couple of minutes to verify the price match.
Ask store pickup near Holly Springs, MS
He will generate link for payment
Get order number in the chat and email.
Go to bestbuy.com and find the order number. Change the order with your pickup store.

Here the screenshots: https://imgur.com/a/0fKV1

EDIT: The console is limited in stock now, the deal is YMMV, only a few agents will accept the pricematch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol this thread is awesome !! Cant believe so many cry babies lmaooo arguing just to express your views on amazing loop holes, focus your energy on better things in life.. a deals a deal straight up .. good luck everyone. Happy holidays xo

Whether there are morals to any of these questionable "deals" is arguable. But price mistakes and these types of "deals" are not comparable. Effort does matter.

A control, oblivious customer can easily and unknowingly take advantage of a price mistake, without ever learning it was a mistake. [customspoiler='Recent example.']Two games were on sale for ~8 hours on BB's site... but they were meant as doorbusters for the next day.[/customspoiler] Extremely unlikely that the same could be said about this "deal" and a control customer. Someone taking advantage of this loophole knows they are going against policy. And one cannot argue that they do not know. It's inherent in the steps necessary for completing this deal (i.e. intentionally shifting local store locations). I think most people would ask themselves why they need to fake their local store, and learning the answer to that means now they know.

If anything, BB would/should change the PM policy so that customers need to be in-store to do local competitor PMs.

People are benefiting from Christmas help most likely. Sadly i bet these reps that are doing this deal will lose their jobs. I foresee a stricter policy in the near future like what happened with walmart and the amazon fake price adjusting last year.

How about when people price match at Target and then try to get Cartwheel by mixing it in with other stuff they are buying?

It has been well established for a year or two you get either the price match or the cartwheel but not both. Yet people talk about doing this all the time.

Ok or not?
Listen, you seem to want to go really far to justify this nonsense. You can bring up angle after angle, but in the end shopping chat reps to do a clearly bogus price match is shady. You figure out if what you are doing is crossing the line into "scam" for you. This "deal" is just that, but if you are fine with it then that's on you. When Best Buy cuts back or eliminates their Price Match policy because of abuse, then I'm sure you will be one of the first to complain they don't care about customers (and it will suck for all the people that do play by the rules). And if Best Buy decides to ban accounts over things like this (which they have done for much less), you get to deal with it when some future deal comes up and your orders get cancelled immediately.

Listen, you seem to want to go really far to justify this nonsense. You can bring up angle after angle, but in the end shopping chat reps to do a clearly bogus price match is shady. You figure out if what you are doing is crossing the line into "scam" for you. This "deal" is just that, but if you are fine with it then that's on you. When Best Buy cuts back or eliminates their Price Match policy because of abuse, then I'm sure you will be one of the first to complain they don't care about customers (and it will suck for all the people that do play by the rules). And if Best Buy decides to ban accounts over things like this (which they have done for much less), you get to deal with it when some future deal comes up and your orders get cancelled immediately.
It should be the rep's responsibility to follow pricematch rules. Not the customers. If a customer is trying an ineligible pricematch. All the rep has to do, is deny it. But if they let it through then the mistake was the rep's. And poor training from their supervisor/manager.

It was a simple question. I never said I condoned what was proposed in the OP. If anyone is going really far to justify nonsense it seems to be you.

Guess I have my answer though.

I got one for $0 but YMMV.

1.) Put on leftover pirate costume from Halloween.
2.) Walk into Best Buy
3.) Say Yar to Loss Prevention Associate
4.) Pick up PS4
5.) Walk towards door
6.) Run past loss prevention Associate while yelling "This shall be the day when ye almost caught captain Jack Sparrow"
7.) If pursued fire cannon you attached to vehicle prior to arrival.

Like I said, YMMV, but if your in the market for a $0 PS4, it's a good deal.
thank you so much for this i needed this haha

There's a thread on Slickdeals where people are replicating this deal with the one x. Most of them are reselling scum. We've already seen most retailers apply exclusions to anything worthwhile when using coupons. Sadly I think this will make things worse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should be the rep's responsibility to follow pricematch rules. Not the customers. If a customer is trying an ineligible pricematch. All the rep has to do, is deny it. But if they let it through then the mistake was the rep's. And poor training from their supervisor/manager.
That's a bullshit excuse! The reps ARE following the PM policy. The customers are lying about the location of their local store, and then changing it, unbeknownst to the rep. I'm guessing the reps don't need to verify your address with these in-store pickups.

Also, same could be said about legit GCU PMs. But guess what?! 90% of the time, the agents don't know how to correctly price match and it is on the customer to know the policy.

While I'm not 100% behind lying to get a pricematch, for anyone believing this is a "glitch price", that's not exactly true.  A lot of times these Walmarts get TONS of items and need to clear them out, but are in areas with a population to rival a ghost town.  The Trinidad, CO Wal-mart is about 80-100 miles from the nearest major city, and has a population of under 10k.  So if they get sent 100 Pokeball 2DS XLs, they'll sell 20-30 and then be stuck with the rest.  They drop the prices to stupid low just to be able to sell them as impulse buys.  Even more when most other stores have sold out and they get pushed to get them out the door ASAP.

Source:  Used to live in a similar city and oh my god when they clearance priced things...got a PS2 at over 1/2 off just after Christmas in it's launch year, and a handful of $5 "clearance games" that were released only a month prior for the holiday season.

Fair enough, and reps would probably get in trouble if their bosses discovered they were doing that. But a lot of the people that did this were shopping multiple reps, and we all know if you are persistent you might be able to get a rep with just the right amount of "don't give a shit" or "not sure if it is ok" to let it slide. Sometimes when things are busy they trust customers to not try to pull a scam. But, something isn't judged ok simply by whether or not you can get away with it. And who knows, some of these reps might find themselves losing jobs right before Christmas over a discount off a console, and that's not cool.

I was very transparent with the rep and even started the chat by saying "Word on the street is you guys are matching the price in this link..." lol

I kept waiting for him to say "but you're 937 miles from this store" and I would've been A-OK with that.

bread's done
Back