160 MS points for buying COD BL. ops. first strike today. possible ymmv

JediKiller24

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I got an email from @engage.xbox.com with a code for 160 MS points a little while ago. The email was advertising First Strike for COD Bl.ops. I'm not sure if this was *because* I bought the DLC, or jsut encouraging me to buy it. I purchased the maps as soon as they went live this morning, and the email came this afternoon. In any event, if you're getting the DLC or thinking of getting it, be on the lookout for an email worthe 160 MS points.

so of the people getting the email with no code, did any of you buy the map pack today? The email account that I got the code on is the one connected to my xbox account, I also later got an email with no code to my other email account that is not connected to an xbox account.
just trying to figure out what triggered the code...

I got the email and it had a code towards the bottom, I did not buy the DLC and I redeemed the code and 160Pts on my account now.. :D

Don't know if this was related but I got a similar email but instead of points it was a 48 hour gold pass code.

Got the email without any codes. Like OP, I bought the maps as soon as they were up, so I doubt that triggers it.

This sounds like the same thing they did in November when the Noble Map Pack came out for Halo Reach. Several people got emails abouts it, some came with a code for 160 MSP, many didn't. In that situation, I bought the map pack the morning it came out, the email came much later, and my email did not have a code.

I think whether you get a code or not has nothing to do with whether you bought the DLC, it probably has more to do with how much XBLA content you've purchased in the past. OP, do you regularly buy DLC or XBLA games?

[quote name='Player2']This sounds like the same thing they did in November when the Noble Map Pack came out for Halo Reach. Several people got emails abouts it, some came with a code for 160 MSP, many didn't. In that situation, I bought the map pack the morning it came out, the email came much later, and my email did not have a code.

I think whether you get a code or not has nothing to do with whether you bought the DLC, it probably has more to do with how much XBLA content you've purchased in the past. OP, do you regularly buy DLC or XBLA games?[/QUOTE]

I just think its random at best.. I got the code and I have had a 360 off and on since launch and only one time had a year subscription to live and my current 3 months is a week from ending and never bought any DLC or XBLA games this whole time...

Anyone wanna try emailing Microsoft & ask them how & why they are sending out the 160 pts?

Definitely ymmv. I didn't get it, but thanks for the heads up. If there was one, I would've easily missed it; I rarely pay attention those emails.

bread's done
Back