1600 Marketplace Points $17.99 at CC.

Although once you include tax isn't it pretty close to $20. Not trying to shit on your deal here, but if I remember correctly purchasing the points through Live there is no tax so buying these at Circuit City would save you about 50 cents.

[quote name='freezedried74']Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the points through Live were $24.99 for 1600. Can anyone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you're right. But it retails for $19.99 at B&M stores.

[quote name='freezedried74']Maybe I am wrong, but I thought the points through Live were $24.99 for 1600. Can anyone enlighten me?[/QUOTE]

im pretty sure you get 2000 for $25

I'm at work and can't get the exact numbers, but it's the same price per point if you buy on Live as the 1600 for $19.99 card. Live doesn't offer them in 1600 blocks though.

Haivng to pay sales tax on the $19.99 makes buying them on Live a better deal - plus you don't have to type in that 20 digit code.

[quote name='Richlough']Nice find OP .
I've been looking for a deal on these [Almost bought direct through LIVE] .
FYI , It's $0.80 per point , 1600pts=$20.00 .[/QUOTE]

Your math is embarassing. If you've managed to make it past 5th grade, it is only because school standards have dropped so much.

[quote name='Stuka']Although once you include tax isn't it pretty close to $20. Not trying to shit on your deal here, but if I remember correctly purchasing the points through Live there is no tax so buying these at Circuit City would save you about 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that the marketplace points are similar to gift certificates in the sense that you would not pay sales tax. So it would still save the $2.

Online through live it's $.0125 a point and no tax:
500 = $6.25
1000 = $12.50
2000 = $25
etc
etc

This "deal" including tax makes it $.0119 a point. I don't know why anyone buys these cards, just buy them online as you need them...

WHAT THE fuck? :dunce:

[quote name='$hady']Online through live it's $.0125 a point and no tax:
500 = $6.25
1000 = $12.50
2000 = $25
etc
etc

This "deal" including tax makes it $.0119 a point. I don't know why anyone buys these cards, just buy them online as you need them...[/QUOTE]

How do you people do math?! Even using your numbers, 1600 points = $19.95. So $2 cheaper for the same amount of points is still $2 cheaper. Not everyone has a credit card, so this is a viable way to get points.

[quote name='Stuka']Although once you include tax isn't it pretty close to $20. Not trying to shit on your deal here, but if I remember correctly purchasing the points through Live there is no tax so buying these at Circuit City would save you about 50 cents.[/QUOTE]

Nice thing about buying from Oregon NO Sales TAX. I hate when I go to other states and forget about sales taxes and buy something for $19.99 and they add another 7% or whateve the sales tax is.

the tax does kill this somewhat deal. I won't buy them at this price but if I could get them at $13 I would be all over them. If only BB sold them for $20 the GGC would do wonders for me.

[quote name='game addict']How do you people do math?! Even using your numbers, 1600 points = $19.95. So $2 cheaper for the same amount of points is still $2 cheaper. Not everyone has a credit card, so this is a viable way to get points.[/QUOTE]

You are completely forgetting about tax and why bother having points sitting around unused just so you can save less than $1? Just buy them as you need them since they are the same price.

Now if you don't have a credit card this is a different story entirely and saving $3 is better than nothing since you gotta buy these cards anyway if you ever want stuff from the marketplace.

Quit assuming that everyone has to pay tax. This is a great find for people in Oregon and Montana, not to mention the other 4 states that don't pay tax. So quit forcing your waste of posts that say, "this really isn't a deal."

Maybe not for you, but then you could either close the window and move on, or waste your time to state incorrect facts.

Umm , Yeah . [trying to clear my name]

I meant to say it's 80 pts per $1.00 .

I'm not an idiot but sometimes I play one on the internet . :whistle2:#

LOL SURE SURE, I got a kick out of your math though! This would've been the greatest deal of all time. :D

Britshady you are in the small minority 90+% off people have to pay sales tax so it's usually just assumed....

bread's done
Back