16GB I-Pod Touch

I wanted an ipod touch too!
If you want an ipod touch 16 1st gen then you should wait and search on amazon coz the their 219.99 gets sold pretty quickly!
Keep waiting, comes up and sold out after a couple seconds!
I was able to acquire one so hopefully you can too!

I would check the Apple Refurbished section from the online Apple Store. I purchased a 1st Gen 16GB from there and I haven't had any problems. It's been about two and a half months that I've had it.

Good deals on the refurb. But I have never experience buying refurbs. But if Apple guarantees it. Yeah why not? Right?
You may also check BestBuy its selling it for 229 free shipping. However you still have to pay tax so it you will end up paying a little higher its still a good deal I guess!

Thanks, I'm gonna buy one with all the christmas money I get. Hopefully the there is some good after christmas sales, wouldn't be a suprise with the way the economy is. Also if any one is interested I found a deal at Buy.com that looks pretty good, $215.99 for a refubished one.

I'd get the 2nd gen...It is slimmer, has external volume buttons and an external speaker. Plus the 2nd gen 16gb costs pretty much the same as the 1st gen 8gb. I have the 1st gen 8gb and love it. You should def get the 2nd gen 16gb.

It'sMagneto;5269852 said:
Is it worth plunking down the extra money for the 2nd generation one? Are they even much different?
I like the old one becoz you can jailbreak them! It fully utilizes the ipod touch! The second gen, you can't jailbreak them just yet. But you have better battery life compare the first one. So weigh in!

[quote name='Malik112099']I'd get the 2nd gen...It is slimmer, has external volume buttons and an external speaker.... .[/quote]

These two features alone make the 2nd gen more user friendly. I can't stand having to scramble through the menus to turn up/down the volume on anything else when not listening to mp3s (which is still a pain to wake up the screen and slide).

All these things should have been in the first ipod touch. Battery life stinks as it is. Love it more for surfing and apps though.

[quote name='Malik112099']The 2nd gen touchs are jailbreakable. I dont know what the hell kris2pe is talking about.[/quote]

I heard it was more of a hassle than it was worth though.

I sold my 1gen 16gb for $170 shipped and got a 2gen 32gb for $300. Haven't looked back since. As for jailbreak, I enjoyed it. I didn't think there was any problem with it and it didn't take long to do.

[quote name='Malik112099']Hassle? It literally takes 2 minutes to jailbreak it.[/quote]

I don't really know. I heard it was a hassle, but that was probably when the 2nd Gen had just come out.

Are you all getting iPod Touchs (Touches?) with the black reflection defect? I bought mine new and it's still under warranty, but whenever I get to a scene where it's very dark, the blacks look silver and I can barely see anything dark. Anyone else have this problem? Apparently there was a big batch of Touches when they first released. I'm not sure if they will fix them if you return them either.

[quote name='Malik112099']The 2nd gen touchs are jailbreakable. I dont know what the hell kris2pe is talking about.[/quote]
I didn't know that!
But I read on the forum that you may have to hardmod your ipod touches for it to work! Meaning you have to pry open your ipod touch!
[quote name='BlazinWraith']Is this price good enough for a second generation?...
http://www.macmall.com/macmall/families/new~family~ipod~dp~7661972.asp[/quote]
http://www.pcconnection.com/IPA/Sho...010A&srccode=cii_5784816&cpncode=20-2136335-2
275 on this site. Sad to say that its very pricey! Again the 1st gen alot cheaper!
Again 219 1st gen on Amazon :D! The second gen was really cheaper last Black Friday you should have exploited the opportunity!

Last edited by a moderator:
I jailbroke a 3g iphone the other day and just assumed that since the 3g's were jailbroke that the 2nd gen touchs could be done too. thats balls

i would get the 2nd gen and just wait patiently for them to be jailbroke

bread's done
Back