16mb MAX MEMORY card problems

CAGiversary!
after playing a game for a while the memory card just stop working. when i try to save it says theres no memory card. so i have to take it out and plug it back in every time i want to save. does anybody else have this problem?

[quote name='PINKO']i just got the same prolblem yesterday[/quote]
wut game were u playin.

[quote name='62t']the problem is you using third parties memory card.[/quote]
it worked well for about 2 years then it just starts acting up.

You could try formatting it with a cheat device. But you'll lose all your saves either way, which is a good reason to only buy sony.

I have a 64MB MAX Memory cards which I bought at BB during Thanksgiving sale last year; I still had 50MB left on the card and now I couldn't save game on it anymore. Corrupted save game every single time.

The Mad Catz and Nyko 8MB memory cards were licensed by Sony. The Nykos still are. Mad Catz lost their license unofficially because they sold more than Sony. That was years ago.

I just have the one Sony brand card I've had since launch and the HDD to back up all saves before I delete 'em off the card.

I don't care if stuff is "licensed", only Sony cards for me.
Every person I've known with a third pary card has had it fail.

EDIT: Yikes, didn't realize how old this thead was... Man, PS2 board is dying.

This is what irks me most about 'last' gen, is that I wasn't able to use a large card like I was in the PS1 era. I had a dual memory card in the PS1 era(had a button on it you pressed to switch cards) and it worked faithfully through 10+ years.

So, not ALL third party cards are junk, though I tried one of the 64 mb max memory cards when I got my first PS2 and it never wanted to work right, it kept asking me to reformat every time I went to save.

Of course, it wasn't from Interact, which is the ONLY third party company I trusted for cards/controllers. I still have a third party controller from them that works like the day I bought it without fail.

bread's done
Back