17 games...how long would it take? Suggestions needed!

rywateska

CAGiversary!
Feedback
100 (100%)
Well, I traded in some of the games after trying them out...and whittled the list down to 17...I've worked my way 12 hours into KOTOR and am looking for something to do well for a few days break...anyone got an idea how long these games will take to complete?

Silent Scope Complete:
Unreal II:
I-Ninja:
Breakdown:
Sphinx:
Apex:
Roadkill:
Robotech Battlecry:
Battle Engine Aquila:
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance:
MotoGP 2:
Myst III Exile:
NFL Street:
Outlaw Volleyball:
Top Spin:
Whiplash:
XIII:

Beyond Good & Evil: 10 hours
Brute Force: 10 hours
Conkers Bad Fur Day: 10 hours
Deus Ex 2 Invisible War: 15 hours
Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb: 12 hours
Jet Set Radio Future: 12 hours
Mark of Kri:9 hours
Medal of Honor Frontline: 10 hours
Panzer Dragoon Orta: 8 hours
Perfect Dark: 8 hours
Ratchet & Clank: 15 hours
Ratchet & Clack Going Commando: 18 hours
Red Faction: 10
SOCOM: 15 hours
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: 28 hours
Voodoo Vince: 12 hours

are we talking gaming hours, a normal day with getting up in the moring to go to work or school. bascilly how many free hours are you willing to put toward this.

It's hard to say because we don't know your skill level in each genre, but with games like KotOR on there it's a safe bet you'll be playing for quite a little while.

10-15 gaming hours
007: Agent Under Fire:
Brute Force:
Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb:
Jet Set Radio Future:
Medal of Honor Frontline:

12-20 hours
Ratchet & Clank:
Ratchet & Clack Going Commando:

If you just want to beat perfect dark on the simplest setting it could take you a night depending on skill. To do everything in the game it will take you countless hours...it's a pretty deep game for it's time.

What I'm asking for is how many hours total would it take me to finish a game. An hour today, three tommorow, four next week, three the day after that = 11 hours total. I don't want to finsih them all in a day but was wondering what the average time it may take me to beat these games.

I have finished about 25 games this year so far but for four months I have had a full time job and I was in Europe for 5 weeks. Plus you know you are going to buy more, the list will only get bigger.

Ok... well I can tell you Conker will only take 10-15 hours and PD will take a lot more than 8 hours if you plan on doing all the challenges and finishing everything on every difficulty, and I've yet to open my copy of Red Faction. Been too busy playing Sphinx the past couple of weeks, er rather working too much and trying to get in about 30 minutes of sphinx every other day.

...what I meant to say about the whole finishing of a game is that I consider a game "finished" when it has been beaten on the normal setting and the main story completed. I don't want to play all of these games through and through, rather, I'd just like to go through them once.

perfect dark depends on how much you do if you do it all in easy and thats it nothing extra then it shouldn't take long at all except the last level you will be like what do I do!

Thanks for helping me out in picking my next game to play...but there's still over half that list with no times, anyone else know how long it took you?

Beyond Good & Evil: 12-30 depeneding on what u do, a good average is 20
Red Faction 8 on extra easy 15-16 on impossible

Conkers Bad Fur Day: A good solid 20 hours, but you might wanna wait for the Xbox version.

Beyond Good and Evil is a short game. It'll take you around 10-15 hours. And I've heard of people completing KOTOR in 20 hours. Mark of Kri... I'd guess 8-13 hours? Can anybody confirm?

...thanks for the new one! I'm new to the RPG and really have stayed away from the genre so I'm planning on spending a little more time getting the hang of KOTOR. I've cut down that and Beyond Good & Evil on the list as well. Only 18 left!

Beyond Good and Evil..I just beat that with a total time of 8 hours.
Conker's BFD will probably take you more like 10-12, not 20.

[quote name='Trakan']What about all the new games coming out? You don't want to play those?[/quote]

I for one know that I'll be dropping Ninja Gaiden, ESPN NFL 2K5, and everything else when I get Fable.

[quote name='Trakan']What about all the new games coming out? You don't want to play those?[/quote]

That's basically the reason why I made this list. I need to finish some of these games before the big hitters Halo 2 & GTA: SA come out. I plan on finishing as many of the shorter games as possible so that I can do some trade-in deals whenever those games come out. I'm going to be dropping everything November 9th whenever Halo 2 drops so whatever I don't finish now is just going to sit on my shelf even longer. I plan on getting about an hours worth of gaming every weeknight and much more on the weekends so hopefully I'll be able to down at least 60-90 hours before I get one of those blockbusters.

You might as well thin out your new games by more than half. It'll probably take you a whole year to get through all those games if you're just a casual gamer. For me, I haven't finished a game since I beat Slaughterhouse or Bonk's Adventure on Turbographfx 16. If you count House of the Dead III, then that would be the last.

I think I remember reading Alter Echo was around 10 hours long. SOCOM (by a very rough estimate) is around 15 hours.

Thank you! I'm planning on doing the EB or MP trade-in within the next two weeks so I'm trying to finish a few of these so that I can get credit before the deals run out. Any others on the list ring a bell to anyone?

you're talking about playing the games like you'd talk about cleaning your room or working or something.

Its like... how long is it gonna take me to get done with this crap so i can be ready to play the good games like Halo 2 and GTA:SA when they come out?

i dont think you should just see how fast you can play a game just so you can be done with it and sell it.

Take your time and enjoy the games.

[quote name='Cracka']you're talking about playing the games like you'd talk about cleaning your room or working or something.

Its like... how long is it gonna take me to get done with this crap so i can be ready to play the good games like Halo 2 and GTA:SA when they come out?

i dont think you should just see how fast you can play a game just so you can be done with it and sell it.

Take your time and enjoy the games.[/quote]

Agreed. Relax and take your time on the games that mean the most/are the most interesting to you, and try and get those done. Limit it to maybe 10. Then sell off the rest if you want...

Naw...I bought or traded for every single one of my games because I read up on them and wanted to try them all out. I've played about half on that list to at least a quarter of the way through but with this latest crop of trade-in offers I'd like to cash in. My issue with the whole hours per game is that I'd like to get all the short ones out of the way so I can decide if I liked them enough to keep or didn't like them to trade in. As an example I've just finished Armed & Dangerous and really liked it so I'm going to keep it. Hopefully by finishing some of the games with little replay value I'll can make my money last longer. I get what your saying and I do plan on enjoying them but I've just made a massive list that I'd like to shrink down in the next month.

...Alright down to 15. Over half done with the list, I'm impressed. October 2nd is the last date to do the EB trade-in so I'm trying to finish as many as possible to cash in for all the upcoming 4th quarter games coming out. Only a few more estimates are needed so please mop up that list.

[quote name='Zenithian Legend']HELP! People need to stop making asinine topics! ](*,)[/quote]

why don't we just make a topic for posting times of how long a game will take, so many people are posting about this lately.

[quote name='fireball343']
why don't we just make a topic for posting times of how long a game will take, so many people are posting about this lately.[/quote]

Good idea=huge list=too much work for OP=difficulty in finding someone to do that...plus I only need 15 more...

Dude just play the games and as you beat them trade them in, if you dont like a certain game trade it in, no one can tell you how long it will take you to beat a game, for all we know you could totally suck at gaming, or be one of the best gamers out there. this is a wasted topic

...Any need? I made the topic because I would really like to know how long it takes for those games to be completed. So far all but two of the posters on here have really helped out. This page has been around for a while too so please stop reading/posting about my question if it doesn’t concern what your interested in. I'm sure you can find something better to do with your time than read every single topic that gets posted up. Anyway, I don't want this to turn into a truly wasted topic of flame war so any other game length posts are honestly appreciated, thanks!

Well, I traded in some of the games after trying them out...and whittled the list down to 12...I believe I'm going to start Indiana Jones tonight but would still like to know where I stand on the remaining titles...thanks!

Haha... now you can add Sphinx and Breakdown to your list rywateska. I didn't realize you were the one who started this thread.

Top Spin - maybe 10-15 hours, depending on how you good you get your character to be, less if you get bored of the load times and repetitive matches like I did.

bread's done
Back