$18.98 pre-order Batman Beyond Season 1 DVD @ Walmart.com

probably but they seem to like to milk people on in the single season sets 1st then anounce a big LE a lil later to get even more $. I don't knock their hussle just wish they'd do it & release them in a more timely manner.

Call me blind, but the link you posted leads to the DVD. I searched Wal-Mart.com for the blu, and I didn't see one. Could of been a mistake (so the listing may of been altered as well). You might to note that, OP.

Regardless of the format, it's a pretty good deal.

Wait, are you positive this is for a Blu-ray release? It says DVD on that page twice. This is possibly a re-release of the DVD set, perhaps with Movie cash for the Dark Knight Rises included. The release date of 6/19 is the same as the other various re-releases they're doing with movie cash.

Even the price and MSRP would suggest this is not a Blu release but a DVD one. I'd love to be wrong about that, but I'm not seeing any evidence that this is a BD

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Nevermind that this show wasn't produced in HD, anyways...[/QUOTE]

yes because that has stopped shows from showing up on blu..

when I was searching for other dvd's it was listed as a b/r pre-order but I just copied/pasted it. Title edited since it's probably just a website site error.

[quote name='ssjmichael']yes because that has stopped shows from showing up on blu..[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about anime, sure, that's Funimation going for a cash-grab. But have there been any decade-old SD American animated shows that actually made it to Blu-ray?

As long as the source material is on 16mm+ film, then it can get a proper HD release if they want to put the effort into it. With the popularity of the live action movies, I could see them trying to get a few more bucks out of them.

16mm does cap out around 1080p, but 32mm can do like 6000p.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If you're talking about anime, sure, that's Funimation going for a cash-grab. But have there been any decade-old SD American animated shows that actually made it to Blu-ray?[/QUOTE]

Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. There's always a first for everything, and I wouldn't put it past Warner to do some cash-grabs. They've been milking the hell out of their films with anniversary re-releases.

[quote name='Drahken']As long as the source material is on 16mm+ film, then it can get a proper HD release if they want to put the effort into it.[/QUOTE]

Provided Batman Beyond was produced on cels (which I'm not sure it was - it may have been an early digipaint show), it would technically be possible, but the process of bringing it to the realm of HD is incredibly expensive and time-consuming, requiring every cel to be re-scanned and re-colored digitally. Warner Brothers isn't going to do that for Batman Beyond, of all things.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it never will. There's always a first for everything, and I wouldn't put it past Warner to do some cash-grabs. They've been milking the hell out of their films with anniversary re-releases.[/QUOTE]

So there haven't been any. That's what I thought. ;)

The fact that it wasn't produced in HD hasn't stopped a company from releasing something in HD. That's the point. If you want to act like a condescending ass (nothing new for you) and nitpick over whether there's precedent for an American tV show to do that, go right ahead, but your original post really doesn't mean anything when you factor in the fact that it has happened before.

[quote name='ssjmichael']The fact that it wasn't produced in HD hasn't stopped a company from releasing something in HD. That's the point. If you want to act like a condescending ass (nothing new for you) and nitpick over whether there's precedent for an American tV show to do that, go right ahead, but your original post really doesn't mean anything when you factor in the fact that it has happened before.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations on your internet tantrum, champ! :D

[quote name='Kirin Lemon'] Warner Brothers isn't going to do that for Batman Beyond, of all things.
[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure Batman Beyond is actually gaining popularity. Being an official part o the JL Animated canon helps. With the reboot of DC, they're testing the waters on everything including the future JLA and Batman Beyond.

So that it includes Dark Knight Rises Movie cash with it. That would be my guess based on the release date. Warner is doing the same with several titles, mostly DC-related (Superman I and II, Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Constantine, etc..)

I bought the entire series on DVD for 38.00 around black friday last year. Considering it wasn't made in HD unless a huge price drop I am sticking with that.

Thanks OP! though

edit: The purpose of this comment was not brag but to inform that the complete series has been extremely cheap before; for anyone on the fence

bread's done
Back