18 year old kid tells Jack Thompson how it is

It's about time the mainstream media gets something from our point of view. I feel sorry for the guy but I'm glad he's doing something positive for himself and everyone else. He doesn't blame anyone for his condition he just deals with it. I'd love to buy the guy a drink in 3 years.

It's a great time to be a cheap ass gamer.

Cool article.

I just wait to hear the responce from Hillary Clinton or Jack Thompson saying how the only reason he must not want to kill people after playing GTA is because of his disability. Would they stoop that low? I think so.

[quote name='Zoglog']http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/10/28/tech/gamecore/main992768.shtml

his parents aint half bad either. Maybe if people had a little more personal responsibility and accountability eh?[/QUOTE]

A well-written article with a gamer's point of view that is not only valid but sounds like the voice of reason amongst nothing but false accusations and political finger-pointing. A+!

I bet Jack Thompson will follow up with "Oh yeah? Well, everybody knows that Ms. Pac Man alone is wholly responsible for the outbreak of club foot!" or something equally inane.

[quote name='Quackzilla']CBS is now my favorite news channel, they actually had the guts to go against a political scare tactic and scapegoat.[/QUOTE]

On their website anyway... lets see this story air on national tv...

nice read. Though, I doubt the rest of the media or the democrats will allow this thing to be more public.

I am totally supportive of any guy who is comfortable taling about anything and everything with his family. +1 to maturity.

[quote name='Puffa469']On their website anyway... lets see this story air on national tv...[/QUOTE]

It's clearly an editorial, and editorials aren't "aired" on TV.

If there was one thing that Burkeland could say to Jack Thompson and the politicians that are working to change the way games are bought and sold, it would be simply that people need to take responsibility for themselves.

very true. can't wait 'til jack responds to this article.

[quote name='vietgurl']very true. can't wait 'til jack responds to this article.[/QUOTE]Considering Thompson's prior display of absolute tact, he will probably say something like "What does he know, he can't even hardly walk"

[quote name='vietgurl']very true. can't wait 'til jack responds to this article.[/QUOTE]

I can hear it now...

"It's oblivious that the reason why this kid's disability hasn't healed is because he spends all day long sitting in front of a tv shooting police officers and picking up hookers. Perhaps some exercise might help?"

About time someone like us get their voice out their. I agree completely with everything he said if you look at games negative they are bad. But you can look at almost anything and it be bad.

bread's done
Back