1880 ms points stolen

jasonfletc

CAGiversary!
So I spent about an hour and a half with MS support and they said that a bunch of contest points expired at 11:59 Eastern on the 29. I called at about 10:00 eastern and they basically said too bad. All contest points have an expiration and it makes no sense as far as ending dates. I won a contest in Feb 2010 and another in may 2010 and both terminated on June 29th from different distributers. Super pissed to say the least. Told them that I wanted to pick up Puzzle Quest 2 that just released that day and they said tough luck we will send an email to customer service about letting people know when their points expire. So everyone watch out and check MS billing.

true I guess the fine print in the test message of "YOU WON" in a text message with no fine print is totally reasonable. Anyway, just watch your accounts this was a warning not a bitchfest.

Look I'm just trying to let Cagers know that the five finger contests have expirations on them and their account can be cut in half. I had 4000 ms and lost 1880/. Sorry for the heads up.

Yeah, they mention in the FAQ on xbox.com that the contest points have an expiration date. There's a MS site you can log into(using your Windows Live ID) to see when the points expire.

I once left some milk in my refridgerator for over a month. When I finally went to have some Milk... it was STOLEN!!!

[quote name='tangytangerine']Yeah, they mention in the FAQ on xbox.com that the contest points have an expiration date. There's a MS site you can log into(using your Windows Live ID) to see when the points expire.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know the url to this site.

Found it: http://billing.microsoft.com

Can't find where my points expire though. I won a bunch from last year that are still in my account, but I changed my Windows Live ID so that might be a way to prolong your points. When you change your Windows Live ID they transfer your points because they put it under a new billing account, thus erasing your expiration dates. *Assuming*

[quote name='Puffa469']I once left some milk in my refridgerator for over a month. When I finally went to have some Milk... it was STOLEN!!![/QUOTE]

lol

[quote name='Puffa469']I once left some milk in my refridgerator for over a month. When I finally went to have some Milk... it was STOLEN!!![/QUOTE]
Actually from sitting there for so long it gained intelligence and walked/crawled out of your fridge. It later went on to terrorize Tokyo.;)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Actually from sitting there for so long it gained intelligence and walked/crawled out of your fridge. It later went on to terrorize Tokyo.;)[/QUOTE]

Mirkzirra?

Dude don't even try to get any help from the xbox customer service.Its microsofts policy not to give any refunds if they f up or you f up.

[quote name='xSXEx']Dude don't even try to get any help from the xbox customer service.Its microsofts policy not to give any refunds if they f up or you f up.[/QUOTE]

Lawsuit (although in OP's case, he basically has no grounds). Remember that the 360 only got "fixed" (1 year general warranty extension and 3 year RROD warranty extension, and a slow 3 year re-engineering blind trial & error process of redesign) after 24+ months of compounding legal actions. As the number of lawsuits continued to increase each month, even Microsoft Legal finally gave up, and that almost never happens.

Isn't there a class-action lawsuit about MS points and how people should be refunded the $ difference if they have anything in their accounts? Something about how you can's spend 40 points or some shit.

[quote name='jasonfletc']Look I'm just trying to let Cagers know that the five finger contests have expirations on them and their account can be cut in half. I had 4000 ms and lost 1880/. Sorry for the heads up.[/QUOTE]

*Cag’ers*

if you have codes from such contests that you haven't entered on xbox.com or the console, do they still expire?

and does anyone personally know if promo points codes from such contests, text messages, etc. are region free? i read online someone saying they were for them.

this thread is a joke and it's your own damn fault for not reading the rules and everything else. you should not sit on points you won in a promotional event and you should always read the fine print and all. you screwed yourself like bret hart screwed himself.... :p

in OP's defense, those winning text messages from previous contests never had an expiration date in them or any rules or terms, or links to them. and any related pages online had none either. also, in the 'Xbox LIVE Terms of Use' under Section 15 titled 'Microsoft Points.' it states 'Promotion Points may expire at any time, as set forth in the messaging related to that promotion.' but this was never set in those promotions.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back