$19.99 3DS games at Toys R Us

Gameboy415

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I stopped at my local Toys R Us after work to grab some of the $9.99 Call of Duty games and I noticed that several 3DS titles had dropped to $19.99.
I'm not sure if it is a limited time sale or not because there wasn't any kind of special signage.
The games I saw included:

Asphalt 3D
Rabbids Travel in Time 3D
Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Bust-A-Move Universe
Cubic Ninja

I picked up Cubic Ninja as it was the cheapest price I've seen yet.

Some of the games are decent (I've played and enjoyed Bust a Move and Rabbids) so these could be nice (and cheap!) pickups for anyone new to the 3DS.

they are also online and can be bought with the B1 G1 40% off sale that lasts until Tuesday..

Last edited by a moderator:
Would they just add street fighters to any 3ds sale for I can buy it it's like the old lunch game they don't put in any sale or sales ad

I'd say super street fighter IV was the best selling 3DS game before zelda and is still selling, thats why its rarely in any sales :(
i wish it was in more sales as well.

hmmmm didn't know about that buy 1 get 1 40% off, thanks for the heads up

[quote name='ray2dee']Would they just add street fighters to any 3ds sale for I can buy it it's like the old lunch game they don't put in any sale or sales ad[/QUOTE]

It's the best "lunch" game and is still selling just fine at full price, why would they put it on sale if they don't have to?

Also, google punctuation. It may help you in the future.

[quote name='SteveGo']It's the best "lunch" game and is still selling just fine at full price, why would they put it on sale if they don't have to?

Also, google punctuation. It may help you in the future.[/QUOTE]

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

well-played-mauer.jpg

Four of the six games listed are $17 at Target this week. Asphalt 3D & Bust-A-Move are the only ones that are cheaper. So if you're looking to purchase those two games, Toys R' Us is the place to go :).

-DarkLegacy

[quote name='Troll']My name is Troll[/QUOTE]

now its noobs like you that fuck up these forums for the rest of us.

[quote name='DarkLegacy']Four of the six games listed are $17 at Target this week. Asphalt 3D & Bust-A-Move are the only ones that are cheaper. So if you're looking to purchase those two games, Toys R' Us is the place to go :).

-DarkLegacy[/QUOTE]

Not according to the list in the target thread. Is splinter sale 17 in store? It says 40 online price

[quote name='Gosha']Cubic Ninja is on sale this week for $17 at Target.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I even thought about stopping by Target before going to TRU too...haha.
It's only a difference of $2-3 so I'm not too upset.

Cubic Ninja is actually pretty decent!
I tried playing it with the gyro-controls at first (which are the default) but then switched to the circle pad (via the options menu) which is MUCH better. Plus the game automatically turns on the 3D effect when you use the circle pad, unlike the gyro-mode which is not playable in 3D (because you're constantly moving the 3DS out of the 'sweet spot').

Ghost Recon is terrific for that price.

I picked it up at launch and really dug the gameplay. If you're an old X-Com fan, you'll probably like it as well.

well you can buy one and get one for 40% off if need two games. Problem is I don't think any of them worth it. I want Ocarina of Time and Street Fighter :(

Might get one of these with NFS: Hot Pursuit, anyone have a recommendation for which would be the best?

[quote name='akalboy']Might get one of these with NFS: Hot Pursuit, anyone have a recommendation for which would be the best?[/QUOTE]

Ghost Recon for sure, it's one of the best launch games.

I'd get Bust a Move and Cubic Ninja since I already own Ghost Recon.....
Eh. I'll pass. I'm sure they'll be even cheaper when I have time to play them.

[quote name='strait edge follower']How's ghost recon like ? Is it a strategy tps like the others ?[/QUOTE]

Far from it -- it's more like a strategy RPG akin to Fire Emblem, with bits of Valkyria Chronicles dashed in. A fantastic game actually created by Julian Gollop, maker of the original XCOM games.

Ubisoft did a stellar job of burying the game and not telling anyone anything remotely interesting about it. Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars is probably my favorite 3DS title right now.

In for Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell at Toys r Us. Came out to $33 with store pickup, just a tad cheaper than $17 each at Target. Tempted to get Rayman at Target. Never heard of Cubic Ninja until today.

Was gonna bite on Dead or Alive and Zelda with the B1G1@40%off deal, but still comes out as $63 for both, still to much to spend $32 average for each.

[quote name='6er']Not according to the list in the target thread. Is splinter sale 17 in store? It says 40 online price[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it was 17. I picked that up as well as Ghost Recon.

-DarkLegacy

[quote name='strait edge follower']How's ghost recon like ? Is it a strategy tps like the others ?[/QUOTE]

Ghost recon was the best launch game. You can put a ton of hours into it, so it's a good value game.

It's pretty much advance wars if you've played those titles. Less japanese anime style and more western style. It's still got cheesy dialogue but the games are very similar.

Omg this game is like advance wars from what I have looked up (and I love advance wars, come on nintendo make another one) bit one thing concerns me. More than one person in the review section on amazon stated that the game freezes on chapter 6 mission 1. Has this happened to anyone here ?

[quote name='strait edge follower']Omg this game is like advance wars from what I have looked up (and I love advance wars, come on nintendo make another one) bit one thing concerns me. More than one person in the review section on amazon stated that the game freezes on chapter 6 mission 1. Has this happened to anyone here ?[/QUOTE]

Many people haven't seen the issue and even if you do, I think you can just turn off Wi-Fi on that level and it'll progress OK.

bread's done
Back