19.99 Vampire version PS2 Saturn Pad at Play-asia.com

Make that, 19.90. Saved another 9 cents! Shipping is fairly pricy from them but if you order a couple things and/or have an old coupon from them it makes the shipping more bearable.

i ordered one. total impulse buy, but if it's really "heaven in your hands" then I won't regret it ;)

I'm debating getting a Saturn style controller or an actual arcade stick since I'll be playing what can only be described as a "fuckload" of 2D fighters over the next few months. Either way, I think I'd opt for the white controller over the purple one since I'm... not like that.

[quote name='Chacrana']I'm debating getting a Saturn style controller or an actual arcade stick since I'll be playing what can only be described as a "fuckload" of 2D fighters over the next few months. Either way, I think I'd opt for the white controller over the purple one since I'm... not like that.[/QUOTE]

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

AHHH i want the white one. or i'll just color the purple one with white out.

[quote name='neonglow']I'm semi-interested. Are there any reviews of the PS2 Saturn controller?[/quote]
I have the PC one and I couldn't be happier with it. I might order this and IQ Mania, Thanks op.

Ordered 3 of them.
Nice price. Thanks OP

Anyone knows how long does their cheapest shipping take? (the air mail option)

[quote name='minmao']Ordered 3 of them.
Nice price. Thanks OP

Anyone knows how long does their cheapest shipping take? (the air mail option)[/QUOTE]

usually a week to 10 days. usually just a week though.

I usually get mine anywhere from 3-5 days from them. And the control works really well. I mean if you know what the saturn conrtoller was like this is the same thing.

Ive been wanting one of these since they came out! $20 is worth it but how much is shipping?

And as to the Stick vs 6 button pad debate, I can never make up my mind so I usually wind up with some of each. If Im too lazy to drag out the bigass stick, I'll go with the pad. Or if Im playing with a friend, I'll give them the choice of stick or pad.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']it looks a lot like the Street Fighter controllers. i'm assuming it's better...?[/quote]

Its a sega saturn controller remake. Those SF controllers were based off of the saturn design, but the saturn version was thinner, sleeker, and the buttons and pad are alot better than the SF ones. I think this remake is a dead on replic of the Saturn pad. And yes, that does make it better. ;)

I'd like to second the opinion that they are far, far superior to the "Street Fighter" pads. I have two of the SF pads and while they are acceptable, I no longer use them because I have these ones instead.

Glad I could help the community. I was starting to get cheap-ass guilt because of using the deals here and never providing anything in return.

[quote name='Halo05']I'd like to second the opinion that they are far, far superior to the "Street Fighter" pads. I have two of the SF pads and while they are acceptable, I no longer use them because I have these ones instead.

Glad I could help the community. I was starting to get cheap-ass guilt because of using the deals here and never providing anything in return.[/quote]

Definitely a very worthy deal. Much thanks for this. The only reason I havent ordered yet is Im hoping to find a still valid coupon for $5 off to offset some of that shipping cost.

i'm sweating that white one...If I get rich over the summer, I'll replace the purple one with the white.

[quote name='Puffa469']Definitely a very worthy deal. Much thanks for this. The only reason I havent ordered yet is Im hoping to find a still valid coupon for $5 off to offset some of that shipping cost.[/QUOTE]

the $5 off is for purchases $50 and over, i think.

Does anyone know if you can reconfigure the buttons? I'd like to use it to play the Genesis emulator, since it's similar to the Genesis controller, but it's pointless if the buttons aren't right (square should=A, X=B, Circle=C). Thanks.

[quote name='Apossum']i'm sweating that white one...If I get rich over the summer, I'll replace the purple one with the white.

the $5 off is for purchases $50 and over, i think.[/quote]

Yup, thats why I ordered 2 of the controllers and a couple of Asian region PS2 games that were like $5 each. I think I got 'Blood Will Tell' and something else...

You can reconfigure the buttons if the game supports it. I have no idea how it would work through a PS2 to USB convertor for an emu though. I will mention that the Sega Ages:Gunstar Superheroes game for PS2 has a "Sega Saturn Pad" setting within the games that converts the pad to the Genesis/Mega Drive set up. I almost died when I saw that.

[quote name='Halo05']You can reconfigure the buttons if the game supports it. I have no idea how it would work through a PS2 to USB convertor for an emu though. I will mention that the Sega Ages:Gunstar Superheroes game for PS2 has a "Sega Saturn Pad" setting within the games that converts the pad to the Genesis/Mega Drive set up. I almost died when I saw that.[/quote]

If what you want is to use the pad on a pc for emu, they make a USB connector version just for the pc. I dont think its on sale for $20, but they def make one for the pc.

[quote name='Madskills1182']I actually ordered two of these. Received them today. Great pick up for $19.90 each.[/quote]

when did you order them that you got them soo fast? Did you pay up for the better shipping?

[quote name='Puffa469']when did you order them that you got them soo fast? Did you pay up for the better shipping?[/QUOTE]
Ordered on the 19th. Got the cheapest shipping possible. I always get stuff pretty fast from Play Asia. Usually 3-5 days.

[quote name='Madskills1182']Ordered on the 19th. Got the cheapest shipping possible. I always get stuff pretty fast from Play Asia. Usually 3-5 days.[/quote]

I ordered on the 21st. Im in Jersey too, so hopefully I should get these around Wednesday.

[quote name='CGH']How do these controllers compare to the original Saturn pads?[/quote]

I believe they are identical. For sure the molded plastic housing is the same. Hopefully the buttons and dpad are the same too.

just got mine today-- it comes with a pack of Darkstalkers cards, one for each character and the dark purple doesn't look that bad at all. can't wait to use it later.

bread's done
Back