1C Complete Pack - $20.92 (70% off) at GamersGate

seamoss

CAGiversary!
Feedback
166 (100%)
At the title says:

1C Complete Pack - $20.92 (70% off) at GamersGate

If you have the IGN 15% discount it comes out to $17.78, plus you also get ~900 BlueCoins (~$0.90).

I know 1C is not the greatest of publishing houses, but for ~$20.00 you get over 80 games/expansions, including all of King's Bounty, Men of War, Theatre of War, the UFO games, lots of mid-tier RPGs, etc. (as well as, admittedly, some stinkers). All of these are individually giftable if you want to keep some and trade others.

Overall it's a great deal - should be around all week, but you never know - get it while it's available! I just bought it and I think I've tripled my backlog...

Last edited by a moderator:
King's bounty is probably the star, but fantasy wars and space rangers 2 are also good.
Cryostasis and necrovision are better than their review scores (cryostasis especially)

I agree, for the most part, 1c games aren't terrible, they are usually promising games with some decent moments that overall under perform in the genre space.

Looks like most of them are 70% off individually, too. Might have to snag a few but was hoping to get them on Steam (yes I am a shameless GabeN drone).

This is likely a mistake, as they have other 1c packs for 20+ dollars that are genre focused. So get in while you can folks.

Thanks OP. Have enough interest in some of these to bite.

Edit:

Apparently you can gift individual games in the pack as long as you don't try to download or click "Show Serial/Activation Key" before trying to gift. Interesting.

Men of War, King's Bounty, and Space Rangers alone make the bundle worth it. The insanity of cult games like Pathologic are nice cherries on top.

Also worth noting you get 50 blue coins for rating games. So if you rate them all that's like 4 bucks back in store credit.

What is GamersGate policy on price mistakes? Do they honor them if you buy while they're active? Or will they cancel the order & refund your money once they've discovered the mistake?

Far as I know they honor them. When they relaunched last year they would frequently screw up their sales for the first couple hours and people would snag them, and as far as I recall they didn't really do anything about it.

[quote name='The End']What is GamersGate policy on price mistakes? Do they honor them if you buy while they're active? Or will they cancel the order & refund your money once they've discovered the mistake?[/QUOTE]

I doubt it's a pricing mistake (regular price is $70) but in the past I've bought a few games at over 95% off (you've got to catch them Sunday nights) and they've never canceled the sales.

For what it's worth, I have seen similar GG sales in the past where the price seems to go up a bit eventually, presumably after a certain number of units have sold.

FYI: The GamersGate 1C collection is about twice the size of the Steam 1C collection, and it's a lower base retail price than Steam's by about $30. Crazy.

Definitely a pricing error.. If you browse their store, the 1c Strategy and RPG collections are each priced at over $20, the Space Strategy collection is $15 as well.

Take advantage while you can..

[quote name='Lint21']Obligatory: any of these redeem on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Couple of the Men of Wars do (later ones like Vietnam) by entering in your MP key into Steam.

how does gamersgate work?... I've never bought from them.... do they use a client ala steam or does each game install stand alone without a special client?

...and purchased. Can't really pass up that many games for that price.

So I just pulled the trigger on this deal. My first purchase ever on gamersgate. I had $17.79 in my Paypal account, which was enough to cover the cost with a penny to spare thanks to the eternal discount from IGN.

Lord knows how many of these games that I'll ever play.

Thanks seamoss for the head's up.

[quote name='teknomedic']how does gamersgate work?... I've never bought from them.... do they use a client ala steam or does each game install stand alone without a special client?[/QUOTE]

I've never had to use a special client for Gamersgate. You usually just download the .exe to install the game.

Occasionally you will come across a game you can redeem on steam. Refer to this list here : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1852109

I pulled the trigger because this had enough shooters I was interested in. Necrovision Lost Company being the main one. Only had Necrovision and Cryostasis. Wish i had the 15% from IGN, but I forgot to add it to my account before cancelling, but still a great deal without it. All files give you the option to download the exe and you can see your serial and mp code if applicable.

[quote name='teknomedic']how does gamersgate work?... I've never bought from them.... do they use a client ala steam or does each game install stand alone without a special client?

...and purchased. Can't really pass up that many games for that price.[/QUOTE]

It works like Amazon basically. Whatever DRM or client the basic game has you will use, but there is no client for GG on its' own.

I bought it... although I usually like all my games on steam this was just too good of a deal to pass up. Imo the Kings Bounty games make up the price for it already with the IGN discount.Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']I can add 80 games I will probably never play to my backlog for only $20?? Sign me up and fuck my life.[/QUOTE]

quote FTW

Even though I plan on getting the 1C pack from Steam eventually, this is too good to pass up with all the non-Steam extras like Pathologic and El Matador.
If only Full Pipe would become available again. :(

Thanks OP!

(If anyone wants my extra Men of War: AS key for $5, PM me.)

Bought this...

Just wondering but is this pack really "complete" or are there missing 1C games left out?

I probably won't get to these for awhile, and may not even play alot of them, but I had to grab this with so many games to choose from.

GamersGate is probably my top digital downloader aside from Steam. It's really too bad alot of people avoid them due to the lack of steam keys because they usually have deals just as good, or even better, than Steam.

Off I go to organize My Shelf.

Edit:

Great... Now I have an 80+ game backlog on Steam, GG, and PS3.

This is awesome. Thanks, OP.

I just started using this site yesterday to pick up other games in their Spring sale and am thoroughly impressed. I actually bought Cryostasis and Necrovision (+ expansion) earlier, and have requested a refund for those as those are included in this pack. I love the fact that this site lets you gift any game, or get refunds for that matter. Nice!

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']Dammit, I caved. Getting that many games for like $0.20 a piece is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, you have to find 20 bucks of fun somewhere in there. Anyone else freaked out by the minion asking you if there's anything he can kill for you?

[quote name='whitereflection']I get a warning from my browser saying that Gamersgate's SSL certificate may not be legitimate. Anyone else get this?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, the GG certificates haven't expired.

Check that both the Windows clock and the BIOS clock on your machine are correct.

If that's not the issue, try downloading from another PC to see if you still get this problem.

Thanks OP, I picked up a copy. And one thing nice about Gamersgate that I hadn't known before is that it looks like it will allow me to gift the games from this pack that I already owned a copy of previously Steam certainly doesn't let you do that when I buy a pack that contains a duplicate game of something I already had.

Would you guys say a lot of these are probably controller-enabled? I can't see that it says anywhere. Fairly new to PC gaming so I'm not sure if I'm up for 80 games worth of mouse and keyboard.

[quote name='DelicateWatkins']Would you guys say a lot of these are probably controller-enabled? I can't see that it says anywhere. Fairly new to PC gaming so I'm not sure if I'm up for 80 games worth of mouse and keyboard.[/QUOTE]

Hard to tell with that many games. You'll find Sim/Strategy games really need that mouse control. The action/racing games will probably support a controller, but if they don't do so natively, you can use joy2key to make it work with your controller.

I don't know if it was initially a mistake (for me) but Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, as well as Mac versions of King's Bounty: The Legend and Armored Princess were added to my games list.

[quote name='Jokerkun890']I don't know if it was initially a mistake (for me) but Theatre of War 2: Africa 1943, as well as Mac versions of King's Bounty: The Legend and Armored Princess were added to my games list.[/QUOTE]

I just got them added too. I guess there weren't enough games in the pack - the gift that keeps on giving...

Got added to my shelf too, separate from the 1C Pack games, cool I guess. Already played Rig n Roll and enjoyed. Just the type of game I was looking for.

Got added to my shelf too, separate from the 1C Pack games, cool I guess. Already played Rig n Roll and enjoyed. Just the type of game I was looking for.

Looks like the deal is still good for those interested.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Got added to my shelf too, separate from the 1C Pack games, cool I guess. Already played Rig n Roll and enjoyed. Just the type of game I was looking for.

Looks like the deal is still good for those interested.[/QUOTE]
I find it awesome and hilarious that Rig n Roll is just what you were looking for. I still haven't decided on this pack yet. Quantity vs quality.

[quote name='pantsattack']I find it awesome and hilarious that Rig n Roll is just what you were looking for. I still haven't decided on this pack yet. Quantity vs quality.[/QUOTE]

You know, I have to admit I've always had a soft spot for big vehicle sim type games (big rigs, buses, etc) and budget titles seem to be the only ones willing to tackle the genre. I will say though that after trying Big Rig Euro, and Bus Driver, Rig N Roll blows both of those out of the water on pure production value alone. It's like a GTAIII version of a Big Rig game in some ways. And I will say that I'll probably be playing Hard Trucks: Apocalypse and Rise of the Clans next from this pack...lol

This pack is tearing me up... I want to buy it... I really do... But I have 3 games from the last gamergate sale that I have not touched....

Groan....

Please post any other gems for this collection that are not well known. I don't have the hard drive space to install everything so any input is greatly appreciated.

[quote name='Daykain']Please post any other gems for this collection that are not well known. I don't have the hard drive space to install everything so any input is greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

These are ones that have a decent fan following or critical reception:

King's Bounty
Men of War
Space Rangers
A.I.M 1 and 2 (but not the racing one)
Pathologic
Fantasy Wars (Ascenion to the Throne is similar but less well received)
Death to Spies
Cryostasis
Necrovision
Faces of War
Theatre of War
Star Wolves
UFO series

These are off the top of my head and/or after looking around a bit. Haven't had time to really investigate all of them. In general it seems like most of the strategy games in the pack are well received overall, though a lot of them seem similar to each other so couldn't really point out what to get right away. The RPGs seem to be pretty split between people that love them and outright hate them.

bread's done
Back