1GB Memory Card - Sony v. Sandisk

andrew333

CAGiversary!
I received a Sony 1GB Memory Stick PRO Duo from Dell based upon an order I placed months ago and cancelled.

First question, is there more than one kind of Sony 1GB stick?

Second question, is the Sandisk stick that much better that it would be worth my returning my Sony stick to Dell (presuming the prices are roughly equal)?

If they are roughly comparable, I am hoping to avoid the hassle.

Thanks

i doubt the sandisk would be better than the official sony one but there should not be any difference between the two. IMO Sandisk is trustworthy

thanks for the link

i am not sure that is enough to make me go through the aggravation (transfer speed is worth something no doubt but if i am going to download something substantial i probably won't care if it takes 2 minutes or 6)

it sounds like playback and reliability are similar -- maybe?

although as i look at my Sony stick further, i notice that it is not even the high speed one so perhaps i will return it

Speed shouldn't matter too much... unless you're so impatient that you can't wait a few minutes longer. Reliability is probably the same on both sticks. So I say keep the Sony stick unless you can find the SanDisk one for much less.

I'm surprised to see the SanDisk smoke the Sony memory sticks, especially since the SanDisk sticks are cheaper!:shock:

Reliability/function are going to be the same. The only difference will be the transfer speeds noted in the above article. Not worth the hassle if you already have a Sony one.

decided to go with sandisk

saved $11 (no biggie) + better transfer speeds (somewhat meaningful) + 5 warranty years (seems like a biggie)

I have a SanDisk 1 gig. I have heard that a lot of people have problems with Sony's 1 gig memory sticks. The PSP says that there is an error or something with the memory stick. So far, nobody has found a way to fix it (at least to my knowledge)....

Very nice, glad I got a Sandisk 1GB card. Any difference between the Sandisk neon yellow one and the Sandisk solid sky blue one (besides color obviously)?

[quote name='XCutioner93']Very nice, glad I got a Sandisk 1GB card. Any difference between the Sandisk neon yellow one and the Sandisk solid sky blue one (besides color obviously)?[/QUOTE]

I believe the neon yellow one is the one with better write speeds, hence why Sandisk dubs it the "gaming version"

[quote name='ne2eire']I believe the neon yellow one is the one with better write speeds, hence why Sandisk dubs it the "gaming version"[/QUOTE]

crap, i got the blue Sandisk -- anyone think there is a real difference?

bread's done
Back